Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saints franchise Brees, Nicks could hit free agency!

Default Saints franchise Brees, Nicks could hit free agency!

New Orleans Saints tag Drew Brees with exclusive rights franchise tag - ESPN

So this is good news for us and hopefully we get to kick the tires on Nicks and make him an offer.

Jap, stop jumping up and down and get to working on contacting Pioli to discuss negotiations! ;)

they have to throw a large contract towards him.if he does become a free agent

we stil need to draft rt at#11 for who ever said we cod trade to later in the round. guard isnt our bivgest need. we cohld take a center in the second who could start if there is one and keep hudson at guard.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    we stil need to draft rt at#11 for who ever said we cod trade to later in the round. guard isnt our bivgest need. we cohld take a center in the second who could start if there is one and keep hudson at guard.
    You know that's not such a bad idea. Last year the Bears signed FA Center Chris Spencer after they failed to reach an agreement with Olin Kruetz, but they started Roberto Garza at Center because he was more familiar with the offense. Spencer came in and played guard when other O-linemen got hurt. They had problems at other positions on the o-line (mostly due to injuries/lack of depth) but those two were solid.

A veteran Center could come in and we can keep Hudson at Guard and continue to groom him for the Center position, as you suggest. Or we could add a FA Center for depth and move him to guard if Hudson is ready to take over at Center.

It seems to me that the skill sets are very similar for both positions.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Nicks? YES PLEASE!!!!!!

I agree but there are also some good RT's in the free agency. Looks like we need two RT's unless we keep Sackardson.

We could easily get a GOOD RT later in the 1st or even in the second. I would much rather trade down 5 or 10 spots and get an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder.

My dream offseason would be getting Nicks and Soliai (NT, Miami), keeping Bowe and then drafting a RT and a lot of depth.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    I agree but there are also some good RT's in the free agency. Looks like we need two RT's unless we keep Sackardson.
    I have heard there are not very many good RT in Free Agency this year. I wouldn't mind keeping Richardson as a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    We could easily get a GOOD RT later in the 1st or even in the second. I would much rather trade down 5 or 10 spots and get an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder.

My dream offseason would be getting Nicks and Soliai (NT, Miami), keeping Bowe and then drafting a RT and a lot of depth.
    Yes, I only have one addition...... QB. Orton, manning, RGIII, etc. Doesn't matter who, someone who will push Cassell to either be better or be on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by toyotapower View Post
    Yes, I only have one addition...... QB. Orton, manning, RGIII, etc. Doesn't matter who, someone who will push Cassell to either be better or be on the bench.

THIS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I have heard there are not very many good RT in Free Agency this year. I wouldn't mind keeping Richardson as a backup.
    You have heard correctly...Not a lot of talent, a bunch of depth players, over the hill players, and underachievers.

The only one worth taking a look at is Kareem McKenzie who is actually pretty old. The only reason I say him is because the Giants O-line coach came over to KC and McKenzie might be able to squeeze another year or two out of him

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12