Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cassell or WR's

Default Cassell or WR's

I keep reading about how most people have little to no faith that #7 is gonna be the guy here. Granted his performance has been mediocre at best but it's not as if he has had any help. I am too lazy to look it up but am pretty sure the chiefs were at the top of the league in dropped balls last year with D-Bowe having a lot of them. Chambers made no effort to break up that pick on the underthrown ball last week. They run routes short on 3rd and long situations. Is it just me or do our wide receivers have as much to blame as our qb.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    What? Do you really think Bowe decides what routes he's going to run? Our entire passing system is designed for the QB to get a ball to a spot, not to the player. If Bowe runs an extra yard because that's the first down line, the ball bounces off the turf.

Bowe ran the route he ran because the play called for it. No more, no less.
    Most likely Bowe misjudged the distance that he had gone. WRS don't always have time to take a look at where the chains are. I find it hard to think that our coaching staff is not smart enough to have our WRS run for the 1st down. I think it's likely Bowe just misjudged his spot.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Most likely Bowe misjudged the distance that he had gone. WRS don't always have time to take a look at where the chains are. I find it hard to think that our coaching staff is not smart enough to have our WRS run for the 1st down. I think it's likely Bowe just misjudged his spot.
    Herm's OCs liked to call 3 yd passing plays on 3rd and 5.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Except that he wan't talking about Bowe running out of bounds a yard short. He was talking about Bowe running a five-yard route when the first down's six yards. Bowe can't decide to run his routes differently because of where the marker is. They've practiced whatever play that was a million times in practice. Cassel is going to throw to the spot Bowe will be, which is five yards.

The route was part of the play called. We know Bowe ran the route correct because he caught the ball. It didn't go over his head or fall at his feet. Whichever play Weis called required Bowe to run a five-yard out. Either the playcall was bad or Bowe wasn't Cassel's primary target. But to blame a WR because he ran the play called is nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Largely you are correct, and maybe on that play, that is not the route Bowe was supposed to run, or maybe it was, in the end, we need a QB that can hit that guy when he IS open and face it, he was open enough to be able to be thrown to on that play.

Of course, that is one particular play that I am sure he, Weis and Haley have all seen. They have seen the very things we are talking about and are trying to correct them.

The play of the O-Line is going to be harder to correct.

well the issue is on that play Bowe is running about a 25 yard IN. He beats his man by a few steps but that at about 20-25 yrds cuts IN toward the safety.... Cassel knows this as he has to know what the recievers are doing on each play. Bowe is running down the field and never looks back until he makes the cut. If cassel throws to bowe, he doesn't know it's coming and it's an incomplete pass as the ball will just go over him or hit him. Chambers was a go route meaning at about 20-25 yards he looks back for the ball in the air. Which is what he did but he did not make the proper adjustment on the underthrown ball. Bowe never looked back till the cut. Now cassel's first read if you watch is Pope on about a 7 yard sit down. But the LB drops back. In the pre snap read cassel and you can look and see there are 2 deep safeties. On sitting about where BOWE is to cut in and the other on chambers side. When cassel goes to make his first read he sees the LB has stepped back infront of Pope which means the safety behind is sitting in Bowes cut spot so cassel cannot throw the ball to the spot bowe will be cause there is a corner trailing and a safety squating.. The other safety drifts back to play center field and cassel throws the GO hoping chambers can make a play and knowing the deep saftey cannot get over in time. But we know the end result.
    Last edited by fairladyZ; 09-23-2010 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    The sad part is, supposedly Cassel is the most familiar with this offensive scheme yet he's the worst skill position starter.
    We all get it, you don't like Cassell and you aren't gonna have anything good to say about him until he, in your eyes, proves otherwise. No need to mention it in every thread.

And the whole Bowe ran the route a yard short argument, my guess is that he ran the right route. I think they just expected him to get the extra yard after the catch. It just didn't work out that way that time. Or maybe the Brown defender just made a better play that particular play.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

maybe bowes ball was to be delivered at his break? thats why he didnt look till then.. We dont know so why pitch a fir about it?

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I keep reading about how most people have little to no faith that #7 is gonna be the guy here. Granted his performance has been mediocre at best but it's not as if he has had any help. I am too lazy to look it up but am pretty sure the chiefs were at the top of the league in dropped balls last year with D-Bowe having a lot of them. Chambers made no effort to break up that pick on the underthrown ball last week. They run routes short on 3rd and long situations. Is it just me or do our wide receivers have as much to blame as our qb.
    The only way to figure this out is to look at Bowe's number before Matt Cassell go into KC and after, you will clearly see Bowe's numbers went down. Cassel just isn't a good qb sometimes he looks okay but for the most part he doesn't do a whole lot. Could his WR's do more absolutely but I'm putting it more on Cassel many of the balls he has thrown to his WR's have been poorly placed at and poorly thrown. But since he seems to be here for good I just pray he magically gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    The only way to figure this out is to look at Bowe's number before Matt Cassell go into KC and after, you will clearly see Bowe's numbers went down. Cassel just isn't a good qb sometimes he looks okay but for the most part he doesn't do a whole lot. Could his WR's do more absolutely but I'm putting it more on Cassel many of the balls he has thrown to his WR's have been poorly placed at and poorly thrown. But since he seems to be here for good I just pray he magically gets better.
    Bowe's numbers also went down because he was out for 5 games, 1 for injury and 4 for violating league rules.

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Those numbers are misconstrued. Tony Gonzalez demanded alot of attention from defences which freed up Bowe against lesser talent and no double teams.

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    Bowe's numbers also went down because he was out for 5 games, 1 for injury and 4 for violating league rules.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa. So if your WR misses 1/3 of the season, he's going to get fewer catches, yards, and TDs? I'd never have guessed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast