Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs speak to Culpepper..........

Default Chiefs speak to Culpepper..........

ESPN is reporting that the Chiefs spoke to retired QB Daunte Culpepper on Monday.

i guess it could not hurt to bring him in for the rest of the year and give him a shot at this point maybe even keep him as a backup next year

Back up? Who would he be backing up?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    hopefully our first or second pick from this years draft i would not be happy if opening day next year he was our number one unless it was to give the rookie a little more time to learn the system

You certainly can't expect a rookie QB to be thrown into the fire behind this O line can you? They won't spend any money on any O line FA again this year and may draft a couple. The line will still suck!! Build the damn O line through FA!!!!!

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

You never know with this regime!

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    hopefully our first or second pick from this years draft i would not be happy if opening day next year he was our number one unless it was to give the rookie a little more time to learn the system
    I would be very surprised if we didnt try to trade for a QB tbh. someone we can give up a 3rd pick for rather than waste a 1st or 2nd pick unless they proved themselves this year. Who?

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    You never know with this regime!

I would be very surprised if we didnt try to trade for a QB tbh. someone we can give up a 3rd pick for rather than waste a 1st or 2nd pick unless they proved themselves this year. Who?
    I am STILL pissed that we didn't make a run at Garcia. Some on this site don't like him but the dude just wins!!!! Dominated in Philly and then won the division in Tampa with 2 INT's none the less!!!!

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

I am STILL pissed that we didn't make a run at Garcia. Some on this site don't like him but the dude just wins!!!! Dominated in Philly and then won the division in Tampa with 2 INT's none the less!!!!
    But in both places he had a line to protect him. He is getting older and NEEDS that line and we dont have it! You really think Garcia would last here?

If we do sign Culpepper it will be to come in and start. It has been report that he had made it clear that he would start if he signs anything. At this point this is a move that I can see happening. We cannot go on into the season with just 2 QB's. Huard sucks (imop) and Thigpen is an unknown. My guess is they will sign Culpepper to a one year deal with incentives and then he will come in and most likely get retired again after a game or two playing behind Our hideous front line. Worst case scenario he comes in and plays very very well and actually manages to win 2 or 3 games thereby ruining our chance at a high draft pick next year.

And we all know deep deep down as long as CP is GM the cheifs will NEVER NEVER NEVER draft a QB in the first round. It makes sense to exspecially if we have the first second or third pick next year since there are several good QB's coming out next year but we all know that is a slim to no chance happening unless Carl packs his bags after the season.

as far as drafting a qb you know the names matt stafford,sam bradford,tim tebow,colt mccoy,chase daniels,mark sanchez out of those i can definantly tell you one i absoulutley do not like is tebow he reminds me of alex smith to much that style of qb does not transfer to the nfl to well the problem with a free agent qb is i dont know of any that will be worth a crap besides maybe sage rosenfels or brady quinn if available

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast