Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cowboys fan here for serious game discussion...

Post Cowboys fan here for serious game discussion...

Hello Chiefs fans. I feel your pain. You all thought you were going to have a better team this year. So did the cowboys nation. I don't know if you guys watched yesterday, but if you did, you know that game on Sunday could be the first W for you guys. I would like to invite your posters to join us on our board for friendly discussion regarding the game this week.

I will refrain from posting a link to the board until I am given permission to do so.

Being a die hard cowboys fan has been very difficult for the last 13 years or so, and I am sure that many of you can relate.

I am not here to troll. Let me just say that. I look forward to a competitive contest on Sunday and hope for no injuries between our two teams. Cheers!

Well, Roy Williams is questionable for the game, and I think he might get downgraded to doubtful before Friday.

The Cowboys remind me a lot of the Chargers. Tons of talent, and should be very good, but they aren't playing nearly as well as they should be.

It comes down to one thing - coaching. You can say everything you want about how great Norv Turner or Wade Phillips are...as coordinators. Facts are facts, and their teams have declined every year under their tutelage.

In fact, it's funny how inextricably tied those two teams' fates are. You can trace almost everything back to AJ Smith firing Marty as the moment they went downhill.

Norv Turner hired, then Wade Phillips was wooed away. It should have never happened. Every time Parcells or Marty leave a team, the decline begins.

Personally, I don't think the Dallas defense is nearly as good as the ones the Chiefs have played, and I might include Oakland in that group as well.

I will say, however, that the likelihood of us finding a pass rush against that offensive line is minute. Still, without Roy Williams, there could be trouble. Our secondary is a rare area of strength, and without Felix Jones' speed, the running attack isn't quite as scary.

I have thought this game could be an upset for a long time, but it could also be 0-5.

how is the pass rush with the Cowboys? Has demarcus ware fallen off without tank johnson up front?

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    Well, Roy Williams is questionable for the game, and I think he might get downgraded to doubtful before Friday.

The Cowboys remind me a lot of the Chargers. Tons of talent, and should be very good, but they aren't playing nearly as well as they should be.

It comes down to one thing - coaching. You can say everything you want about how great Norv Turner or Wade Phillips are...as coordinators. Facts are facts, and their teams have declined every year under their tutelage.

In fact, it's funny how inextricably tied those two teams' fates are. You can trace almost everything back to AJ Smith firing Marty as the moment they went downhill.

Norv Turner hired, then Wade Phillips was wooed away. It should have never happened. Every time Parcells or Marty leave a team, the decline begins.

Personally, I don't think the Dallas defense is nearly as good as the ones the Chiefs have played, and I might include Oakland in that group as well.

I will say, however, that the likelihood of us finding a pass rush against that offensive line is minute. Still, without Roy Williams, there could be trouble. Our secondary is a rare area of strength, and without Felix Jones' speed, the running attack isn't quite as scary.

I have thought this game could be an upset for a long time, but it could also be 0-5.

how is the pass rush with the Cowboys? Has demarcus ware fallen off without tank johnson up front?
    I think Ware has fallen off because Spencer is getting ZERO pressure from the other side. We actually are missing crybaby Greg Ellis.

Right now Dallas is as mediocre as it gets. We have beaten 2 teams withn a combined record of 0-8. Felix Jones is our only playmaker on offense and he is rather fragile, he is th only player other teams get somewhat nervous about. Ware is missing Ellis bigtime. Cant wait to see the throwbacks sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas316 View Post
    Right now Dallas is as mediocre as it gets. We have beaten 2 teams withn a combined record of 0-8. Felix Jones is our only playmaker on offense and he is rather fragile, he is th only player other teams get somewhat nervous about. Ware is missing Ellis bigtime. Cant wait to see the throwbacks sunday!
    That's too bad. I'm a huge fan of Felix.

Until Jerry Jones gets his head out of his own *** and hires a real GM to run that team, the Cowboys are never going to do anything. Period. It sucks having to listen to people who actually believe Jerry Jones has the know-how to run a football team. He's probably the best owner in football, but he just won't get out of his own way and it's pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Touche. Ours calls 4 straight passing plays with 1st and goal on the 1, yet won't throw the ball on 1st down anywhere else on the field. We also run draw plays from midfield with no timeouts left and 1:00 left in the half. Fun times!!!
    Careful now.... you just gave out our entire playbook....
    both pages!

i have been going all over the boards to see whats up I think kansas city chiefs has an equal chance to beat the cowboys. *P.S I am an huge saints fan* Tony Romo might crack underpressure and you guys might pull this one out by an 3 points. (Chiefs are my 2nd favorite team but the saints are my hometown) but heres to a win against the cowboys

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I agree compleely, although we aren't very good right now I am happy as hell Wade Phillips isn't patroling our sidelines everytime they show him during the game he just looks lost and confused.

With that said Roy Williams,Jason Witten, Patrick Crayton, your offensive line......i don't know on paper the cowboys should win....
    On paper we should have won last week too. I do believe that we have a talent advantage, Perhaps many of us are down after such a heart breaking loss. I do think you guys are headed in the right direction finally. I know you dont appreciate Haley, but we would give anything to have a young guy who is fired up on the sidelines. Its better than Wade Phillips confusion and fist pumps.

I agree, this is probably our best chance to date, it's at Arrowhead and that makes a huge difference. Look for a game to be won by a field goal, I'm hoping for a low scoring affair, best chance for us to pull out a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas316 View Post
    Anyone up for a couple cowboy fans joining their arrowhead tailgate? Me and a lovely lady are arriving saturday afternoon, and mkaing the game sunday. We can bring food and drinks, but since we are flying in, no grills, tables, stereo, etc. Also wouldnt mind some suggestions on what to do after the game.
    Kris
    Send me your contact info, I have a few friends that are going to be at the game. I am not going to make it though....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast