Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cassell or WR's

Default Cassell or WR's

I keep reading about how most people have little to no faith that #7 is gonna be the guy here. Granted his performance has been mediocre at best but it's not as if he has had any help. I am too lazy to look it up but am pretty sure the chiefs were at the top of the league in dropped balls last year with D-Bowe having a lot of them. Chambers made no effort to break up that pick on the underthrown ball last week. They run routes short on 3rd and long situations. Is it just me or do our wide receivers have as much to blame as our qb.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I keep reading about how most people have little to no faith that #7 is gonna be the guy here. Granted his performance has been mediocre at best but it's not as if he has had any help. I am too lazy to look it up but am pretty sure the chiefs were at the top of the league in dropped balls last year with D-Bowe having a lot of them. Chambers made no effort to break up that pick on the underthrown ball last week. They run routes short on 3rd and long situations. Is it just me or do our wide receivers have as much to blame as our qb.
    Cassel is bad. He's so bad that they feel their chances are better with a draw or toss from to Charles than allow Cassel deep routes (which I'd guess to be no more than a 15% success rate on pass plays 15 yds or more). Not to mention, the pass blocking needs to improve. It's not like our receiving corps is awful. Chambers was useful when he came in last season, haven't been able to see much this season. Moeaki has been a solid target, McCluster should be too. According to just about everybody Bowe is playing the best ball he's ever played. He's had a few "drops" this season but Cassel put it in bad spots to begin with. Our receivers aren't elite, but they can't be blamed when Cassel isn't even giving them the opportunity to be successful.

Just look what happened to Arizona's pass offense under this short stint with Leinart.

Thanks Aussie!

It's both the WRs and Cassel, plus some fault to the playcalling. Bowe drops a lot of balls (Chambers doesn't though), but Cassel throws the ball right into traffic enough that some of the drops are his fault.

And they run the routes that the OC calls. They aren't making up their own routes out there. Cassel doesn't have the arm or the accuracy for the long ball right now, so Weis is gameplanning around that. And if Weis calls another pitch to the RB on 3rd and 1, we need to fire him. Out of a cannon and into the sun.

Watch Bowe at the top of the screen.

NFL Videos: Browns defense, INT

That's a touchdown with any catchable ball in that direction. Cassel is playing poorly and doesn't seem to see the deep pass when it's there. No excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    It's both the WRs and Cassel, plus some fault to the playcalling. Bowe drops a lot of balls (Chambers doesn't though), but Cassel throws the ball right into traffic enough that some of the drops are his fault.

And they run the routes that the OC calls. They aren't making up their own routes out there. Cassel doesn't have the arm or the accuracy for the long ball right now, so Weis is gameplanning around that. And if Weis calls another pitch to the RB on 3rd and 1, we need to fire him. Out of a cannon and into the sun.
    On sunday it was 3rd and 6 and bowe ran a five yard route that's not the oc that's bowe not knowing where the first down marker is.

Last year D-Bowe did lead the league in dropped balls, with Mark Bradley and Bobby Wade in the top 10 as well.

Our receivers are good enough. Remember during the Vermeil era when everybody kept saying our receivers weren't good enough? Yet year in and year out we had one of the best passing attacks in the league. I think our receivers could play better, but I don't think they are the biggest problem.

Our receivers will magically get a whole lot better once we have a QB who is running our offense efficiently, whether that is Cassel or somebody else.
    Last edited by wildcat; 09-23-2010 at 11:11 AM.

Ever since we made the trade for Cssell I though Man both players for 2nd rd. pick.. not too bad, pretty darn good in fact.
    Thge thing that peeved me off the most was the 60Mill. dollar contract. I would say maybe 22 million for 5 years.
    He hasnt earned even half of that money , heck not even a quarter of it. I honestly this year seen very many catchable dropped balls! I really truly believe that Cassell has a learning disability. He has issues with reading defenses and a really bad issue with tunnell vision. I dont thinkl I have ever seen him lok at two recievers down field, it's usually one then dump off. It's like he watches the receiever hoping he gets seperation, maybe he just likes to watch recievers??
    Play calling has been a isssue for me especially the two pitch plays on 3rd down, this bothers me.
    All in all I don't believe Cassell is a horrible QB I just think he is a back up QB at best right now. Would I like to see him succeed hell ya, but will he? I have little faith at this point.
    Our O-line is not the problem he is having 4-5 seconds to get rid of the ball (thats good time). That ball he threw to Chambers never should have been thrown! Chamber should have done more to stop the INT, heck even get a PI penalty or something other then allowing the pick. Bur never the less the ball never should have been thrown.
    Hopefully Cassell brings it against 49rs cause I believe they will put points on the board, even though our D has been the backbone of our team thus far.

In football it's never one thing that is holding a team back it's a bunch of things. Just like it's not all Berry giveing up Tds on Defense it's not all Cassel on the Offense. It's both Cassel the WR some on the O line on a few plays. It's a bunch of little things that add up to hurt the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Our O-line is not the problem he is having 4-5 seconds to get rid of the ball (thats good time).
    How good would our line have to be in order for Brodie to have a fighting chance of surviving and NFL season? I'm just saying. Either Matt Cassel is going to start playing better, or prepare to start hearing the chants.

Few people, outside of Vermeil, thought that Trent Green could stay healthy as a full time starter. However, he was Mr. Iron Man during his tenure as the Chief's starter, right up until the infamous concussion. Maybe Brodie just needs to start drinking some milk or something.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast