Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Sounds like the first shot of the fan revolution comes Sunday

Default Sounds like the first shot of the fan revolution comes Sunday

There is a group of fans on another forum who have taken a collection up to rent a banner plane for Sundays game.

Will it do any good? No.

I have to give them a little credit for at least trying to show their discontent.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I can't comment on Eagle Fans, but from what I have experienced. Raider Fans have earned their reputation and to a point most of them feel they are obligated to act that way to uphold that reputation or feel like they have let their team down.

Other than the numerous Green Bay fans that acted like Arrowhead was Greenbay last year (which pleased me very much to see leaving very upset), there is no other fan base at Arrowhead that pissed me off more than Raider Fans.
    Agreed, Raiders fans are the absolute worse, not because they yell at the players on the field, but rather that they want to fight (literally fight) any fan from an opposing team. It is the way they are.

Other fans can come to Arrowhead and wear their Jerseys. I have even high-fived them in the stands when their team does something good. The sportsmanship and acceptance of other fans in Arrowhead has pretty much been above reproach.

Not so with Raiders fans. If you walk into a Raiders game wearing red, you take your life in your own hands. It is so bad that at LA collisem when the Raiders played there, they stopped serving alcohol because of it.

Raiders fans are some of the worse.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I can't comment on Eagle Fans, but from what I have experienced. Raider Fans have earned their reputation and to a point most of them feel they are obligated to act that way to uphold that reputation or feel like they have let their team down.

Other than the numerous Green Bay fans that acted like Arrowhead was Greenbay last year (which pleased me very much to see leaving very upset), there is no other fan base at Arrowhead that pissed me off more than Raider Fans.

The playoff game against baltimore there was a father and son that were baltimore fans being heckled in the bathroom and the kid was maybe 10ish. I said don't worry not all kc fans act like that and we got to talking. I don't know if he works for the organization but he attends everygame every year home and away. He said pittsburgh is a place he will never go back to. And he has been to every stadium in the nfl. He said he loved arrowhead the tailgating the stadium and the fans.

And to tell the truth I have been to the colliseum, granted I was in the lower level and I was with raider fans but they actually weren't that bad. I got heckled but it was good fun. Now Indy, sucked. Grandmas threw popcorn at us.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    The playoff game against baltimore there was a father and son that were baltimore fans being heckled in the bathroom and the kid was maybe 10ish. I said don't worry not all kc fans act like that and we got to talking. I don't know if he works for the organization but he attends everygame every year home and away. He said pittsburgh is a place he will never go back to. And he has been to every stadium in the nfl. He said he loved arrowhead the tailgating the stadium and the fans.

And to tell the truth I have been to the colliseum, granted I was in the lower level and I was with raider fans but they actually weren't that bad. I got heckled but it was good fun. Now Indy, sucked. Grandmas threw popcorn at us.
    I have seen some very poor sportsmanship from Chiefs fans over the years. Most of them end up getting kicked out because of it.

The problem is when opposing teams fans go to Arrowhead expecting warm welcomes and then acting like we are supposed to be passive to them acting like D Bags...

I have seen some very poor sportsmanship from Chiefs fans over the years. Most of them end up getting kicked out because of it.

The problem is when opposing teams fans go to Arrowhead expecting warm welcomes and then acting like we are supposed to be passive to them acting like D Bags...
    I'm all for a little heckling but a grown man calling a 10 year old kid out because he's from Baltimore is extraordinarily weak IMO.

i think it is a lot easier to be gracious fans when your team is a contender, the more seasons your team does well the easier it is to be good sports especially if your team is winning or even the occasional home defeat. HOWEVER the more frustrated the fan becomes over his/her team continually losing and in disapointing fashion, the more difficult it is not to take it out on opposing fans. the CHIEFS have had a home winning tradition unequaled in the nfl during the 80's and 90's only to start getting slapped down and kicked around over the last 6 years. it happened so quickly we have not had time to adjust to being an nfl cellar dweller. after enuf time on the bottom you learn to get excited over the little things like an unexpected victory [pretty much all wins are unexpected]. i am a Pittsburgh Pirate fan so after 20 straight losing seasons i speak from experience. ask anyone about how great the experience to visit pnc park is as a visiting fan is. i hope we as CHIEFS fans never get to that point, but i can understand our change in temprament and lack of common courtesy as a fan base....and i do not condone nor excuse it. So i say as a fellow CHIEFS fan we need to just suck it up and try to be the type of fans we expect ourselves to be.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I'm all for a little heckling but a grown man calling a 10 year old kid out because he's from Baltimore is extraordinarily weak IMO.
    I have heckled kids before only stating they are wearing the wrong uniform and that before the day is over they need to have Daddy buy him a Chiefs Hat or shirt. Usually that happens when the Dad is wearing a Chiefs shirt and the kid is wearing the opponents and the father starts heckling his son too...

I have heckled kids before only stating they are wearing the wrong uniform and that before the day is over they need to have Daddy buy him a Chiefs Hat or shirt. Usually that happens when the Dad is wearing a Chiefs shirt and the kid is wearing the opponents and the father starts heckling his son too...
    Now that's proper heckling this was a drunk douche and like I said the father said he loved kc.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345