View Poll Results: Should the Chiefs start Thigpen at QB next year?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Draft Sanchez and throw him in the fire like Flacco or Ryan

3 3.53%
  • Pick up a veteran QB and start him

2 2.35%
  • Pick up a veteran QB and have an open competition with Thigpen

14 16.47%
  • Draft a QB and have an open competition with Thigpen

25 29.41%
  • Start Thiggy, he earned it!

41 48.24%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Should Tyler Thigpen be our starting quarterbACK NEXT YEAR?

Default Should Tyler Thigpen be our starting quarterback next year?

I have grown very fond of Tyler Thigpen. Maybe just "homer syndrome." What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Big Daddy Tek; 01-25-2009 at 12:17 AM.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    In 2010, the QB free agent class will include:
    Jason Campbell
    Kellen Clemens
    Jake Delhomme
    Eli Manning
    Philip Rivers
    Ben Rothlisberger

Hmmmmm,

Maybe thats why Cowher is waiting till 2010 to come back LOL "BEN ROTHLISBERGER"

Maybe he will come to the Chiefs and bring Cowher with him MUHAHAHAHAHHA
    They will resign most of those Qb's.

Hell, I DO NOT want a crybaby Manning on my team.

Thats the reason you LOOK for a replacement. You don't know who he is yet. There are over 100 QBs in the league. More in the draft.

And you guys keep acting like I hate him and like I keep saying he sucks. I AM NOT SAYING THAT.

Don't cling to Thiggy just because he is the first decent QB since Green. He had a low completion percentage, not so good QB Rating, and his YpT was only 6.2. You want about 7-8 YpT.

This is constructive criticism. But i'm not jumping on the Thiggy is amazing, gonna be really really good, bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Codac View Post
    Thats the reason you LOOK for a replacement. You don't know who he is yet. There are over 100 QBs in the league. More in the draft.

And you guys keep acting like I hate him and like I keep saying he sucks. I AM NOT SAYING THAT.

Don't cling to Thiggy just because he is the first decent QB since Green. He had a low completion percentage, not so good QB Rating, and his YpT was only 6.2. You want about 7-8 YpT.

This is constructive criticism. But i'm not jumping on the Thiggy is amazing, gonna be really really good, bandwagon.
    You've been saying that we should bring in competition for Thigpen. Exactly what FA or draft pick is better? Do you want to trade for someone? Who in the NFL are you looking at?

How does it do any good to say that something needs to be done, and then have no idea how to do it? I think we vastly need to upgrade most of our team's talent if we want to become a serious contender. But I know there's no way we can do that in 2009.

Fine. I'll look. I'll look at this years draft prospects, Free Agents, and other teams depth charts. I'll do a little research.

Ok. So far I have found quite a few interesting prospects in the draft. I still need to find some film on them, but just from looking at size and stats I see a few.
    Todd Boeckman OSU
    Ryan Berry SDSU
    Rhett Bomar SHS
    Hunter Cantwell Louisville
    Chris Crane BC
    Nate Davis Ball St.
    Chase Daniel Mizzou
    Chase Patton Mizzou
    Sean Glennon VT

I'm sure there are more but for now thats all I'll post. I'm still looking. Also I don't expect these guys to come in and be winners. These are all projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Codac View Post
    Ok. So far I have found quite a few interesting prospects in the draft. I still need to find some film on them, but just from looking at size and stats I see a few.
    Todd Boeckman OSU
    Ryan Berry SDSU
    Rhett Bomar SHS
    Hunter Cantwell Louisville
    Chris Crane BC
    Nate Davis Ball St.
    Chase Daniel Mizzou
    Chase Patton Mizzou
    Sean Glennon VT

I'm sure there are more but for now thats all I'll post. I'm still looking. Also I don't expect these guys to come in and be winners. These are all projects.
    Key word is "projects." The question is who should be starting for us in 2009. And as much as I can see drafting and grooming some of these guys (I like Davis and Bomar), I don't think even you see them as 2009 starters.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Key word is "projects." The question is who should be starting for us in 2009. And as much as I can see drafting and grooming some of these guys (I like Davis and Bomar), I don't think even you see them as 2009 starters.
    I wouldn't mind a QB in the later rounds, like the fifth round or so. I think if a QB did compete with Thigpen, Thigpen would still win. Project QBs are not bad, like you said, but yeah, they would not win the starting job. It will be interesting to see if Pioli takes a QB in the later rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    I wouldn't mind a QB in the later rounds, like the fifth round or so. I think if a QB did compete with Thigpen, Thigpen would still win. Project QBs are not bad, like you said, but yeah, they would not win the starting job. It will be interesting to see if Pioli takes a QB in the later rounds.
    Thats where I see it. Thats where he found Brady...
    SHUT IT

I voted to draft a QB, but not early in the draft. I believe in Thig, I think he should be the starter going into training camp. I also think there are some QB's that will be available in the later Rd's of the draft. Sometimes the best player, is not on a top ten college team.

Thats true. I guess I did get a bit off-topic. I do think he should be our starter going into this year, and hopefully for all the year.

I was mainly gettinng distracted by the Thigpen will be a future STAR, and that he is better than Cassel and what not. I like him but he isn't as good as you are all saying he is.

I apologize for getting off the thread topic.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast