Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 7

Default Windows 7

I just thought we should have a new thread for Windows 7, seeing as it has nothing to do with Linux.
    If you guys need any tips feel free to ask, I have been using Windows 7 since January, and have grown very accustom to it. Some helpful tips/hints to get you started:

#1...STOP USING DESKTOP... It is no longer needed with Windows 7, you can simply pin your most used/favorite programs to the taskbar at the bottom now. That means you dont have to close windows or press the start button to get to the program you want.

#2....When your looking to do ANYTHING at all on your computer, the easiest way minus the taskbar is to press the windows button, and simply type any thing your looking to do in the search box at the bottom. this is the best feature in my opinion. For example if you want to burn a dvd but dont want to go through all the hassle all you have to do is simply>press windows button>type dvd, and its the first thing that comes up.

#3.....Virtual Sticky Notes on your desktop rules, and Gadgets can go anywhere now, not just on a stupid sidebar.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    I know that's right, I looked everywhere for a decent priced one and couldn't find one anywhere. I ended up getting the standard non wifi one and just taking my laptop over there each time I wanted to use it.

Just curious how much ink is for the Kodak, I have been getting two multicolor packs for 24.99, and too me thats reasonable. I get two blacks for 19.99, which isnt bad either. I dont print a whole hell of a lot, so i only need ink 3-4 times a year.
    With HP? Where are you getting that deal and what type of cartridges are you using? HP has two severely different types.

Kodak is 9.99 for black and 14.99 for color.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Another thing that I've noticed with "7" is that it does not network very well with other Windows OSs. In fact, I have been unable to network it with any of the machines I have running XP. I was, however, successfully able to network it with my wife's laptop running Vista, but that, I'm guessing, is because the two are virtually the same; "7" is Vista on steriods.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Another thing that I've noticed with "7" is that it does not network very well with other Windows OSs. In fact, I have been unable to network it with any of the machines I have running XP. I was, however, successfully able to network it with my wife's laptop running Vista, but that, I'm guessing, is because the two are virtually the same; "7" is Vista on steriods.
    Does that still mean that it's better?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I am currently networked to my XP old schoold desktop and my Xbox 360 without a prob. Its great to stream movies and music to my living room via the xbox 360. The only thing i had to do was turn on network discovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    With HP? Where are you getting that deal and what type of cartridges are you using? HP has two severely different types.

Kodak is 9.99 for black and 14.99 for color.

Right here bud:

Buy HP Deskjet F4140 All-in-One ink and paper from HP® Official Store

They also offer free next day shipping on all items. So if I order my ink today, it will be here tomorrow afternoon.

Kodak had a good price for its ink as well...

I am currently networked to my XP old schoold desktop and my Xbox 360 without a prob. Its great to stream movies and music to my living room via the xbox 360. The only thing i had to do was turn on network discovery.
    Ok, I'll try it again.

Well Microsoft has already come out and said that Windows 7 will ship before 2010. To me that's great, since the RC lasts 6 months after that fact. I will buy it regardless though, hopefully its going to be reasonably priced.

Well Microsoft has already come out and said that Windows 7 will ship before 2010. To me that's great, since the RC lasts 6 months after that fact. I will buy it regardless though, hopefully its going to be reasonably priced.
    Don't hold your breath.

Still having networking problems for some reason.

Right here bud:

Buy HP Deskjet F4140 All-in-One ink and paper from HP® Official Store

They also offer free next day shipping on all items. So if I order my ink today, it will be here tomorrow afternoon.

Kodak had a good price for its ink as well...
    Thats what I thought. Here is what MY HP ink costs me...

Buy PSC 750 ink and paper from HP® Official Store
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast