Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not caring about this Franchise until it is completely PURGED!

Default Not caring about this Franchise until it is completely PURGED!

I know everyone active on this forum is a diehard Chiefs fan. Shoot, I'm a diehard and always will be one, but the decisions that continue to be made are absolutely ludicrous, and Clark Hunt and Pioli don't care one lick about what any of their financial providers think.

I know, I know, don't go nuts on the success or failure of the Chiefs. Guess what? When I support a team, I expect their best effort to being successful, and even if they aren't, at least do whatever it takes to make the team stronger. The sole fact that this team continues to run Cassel on that field tells me that they could care less about the raining of boos after every interception.

But wait! At least we have a team right? Well, let me tell everyone what most Chiefs fans are thinking right now. Why watch a team that is so awful? I could be riding my bike, or spending the day with the family, or go out to eat with friends. Why should I torture myself watching this team be a laughing stock and not even care? By the time Peyton Manning shows up, Arrowhead will be a complete ghost town.

Some of you probably know that I'm a big Royals fan too. While they've been terrible too, the sad thing is that both franchises are being run far too similar. It's the Walmart way people. The owners don't care about spending money, the GMs think they can get a miracle season from some of the key cogs on the team and everything will just magically happen like it did in 2010 for the Chiefs. Guess what? Flukes happen and won't last forever, and by that, I mean Cassel. Of course, he's not the only problem, but he's the biggest one because he's the supposed leader of the team.

I know this is a rant and I don't care. The only way action will be taken is if no one goes to Arrowhead, period. Clark Hunt needs to know that this will not be acceptable and the only way he'll know that is to continuously see an empty stadium. Local fans are even trying to buy a blimp every week running a banner that says "Fire Pioli, Bench Cassel". That's the magnitude of what fans are going through to end the stench of failure that Pioli and his regime have put this fanbase through.

Alright, that's my piece, flame away.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Connie you and I agree most of the time but something needs to change, if nothing changes you will get the same results, if you keep failing a test because you answer the questions the same you will continue to fail until you answer them different. I think it is the QB, we have to upgrade it somehow. As much as I have supported Matt, watching the last game and him not being able to hit his receivers I can support him no longer. I no longer feel he can take us to a SB look at his record against wining teams it is atrocious, he usually does not hit his recievers in stride and a most of his passes the recievers have to leave their feet to catch so not much YAC. It appears to me that the team has lost their confidence in him, now they will never come out and say it, that is why Orton looked so good last year the team had confidence in him and played for him. I feel he is one of the reasons that Bowe does not want to sign a long term contract here, I think he wants to go to a good QB and not one that is always exposing him to the hard hit.

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    You are correct, purging the team and starting over would not equal success. However, the trial & error means some corrections have to be made when you find the errors. Hiring a coach with a failed record as head coach, and is proving why, was an error. The same coach is our DC, and his Defense has given up 30+ points 12 times in 23 games. You have to evaluate those things and come to the conclusion that someting is on the wrong path and make a change. He was a bad choice as DC and HC and it's clear he can't do both at the same time. It's disaster. Ignoring problems doesn't equal success either!
    Coming off a season like we did in 2011, fan & team morale was low. The fan base & team were in overwhelming favor of Crennel being named HC. It is a fact that Clark Hunt plays an important role in all the critical decision making. There is a reason Jeff Fisher & other potential candidates to replace Haley, flew to Dallas during the off season to meet with Clark at his home there. Pioli also flew to Dallas for the coaching interviews held at Hunt's home. The reality is however, there weren't *that* many proven HC candidates available last season end. Fisher's choice of choosing St. Louis was a wiser one for him personally, than KC, considering their advantageous position in the 2012 draft, having young Bradford as QB, they're sitting pretty for a new HC's chances to succeed.

Clark is a wise & successful businessman who must look at the bigger picture, consider all pro's & con's. Promoting Crennel to HC had more pro's than con's at the time. His record at Cleveland is at best, a minimal con, since no one succeeds in Cleveland, including Belichick. Hunt knew it would be a morale boost to the fan base & team to promote Crennel to HC, & Pioli knew the same. An emotionally healthy fan base & team & winning go hand & hand.

They also knew the team was familiar with Crennel, another pro to hiring Crennel. Crennel is a successful DC, of that there is little question or doubt, that is another pro. DC's often become successful HC's.

I agree in that, the mistake in my humble opinion I believe is, Crennel attempting to do two coaching jobs, each of which respectably is a full time job & then some. Our defense looked good with Romeo as DC. I'm hopeful that mistake will be corrected by Crennel, Pioli, & Hunt in the off season, as it's not feasible to correct it now. :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Coming off a season like we did in 2011, fan & team morale was low. The fan base & team were in overwhelming favor of Crennel being named HC. It is a fact that Clark Hunt plays an important role in all the critical decision making. There is a reason Jeff Fisher & other potential candidates to replace Haley, flew to Dallas during the off season to meet with Clark at his home there. Pioli also flew to Dallas for the coaching interviews held at Hunt's home. The reality is however, there weren't *that* many proven HC candidates available last season end. Fisher's choice of choosing St. Louis was a wiser one for him personally, than KC, considering their advantageous position in the 2012 draft, having young Bradford as QB, they're sitting pretty for a new HC's chances to succeed.

Clark is a wise & successful businessman who must look at the bigger picture, consider all pro's & con's. Promoting Crennel to HC had more pro's than con's at the time. His record at Cleveland is at best, a minimal con, since no one succeeds in Cleveland, including Belichick. Hunt knew it would be a morale boost to the fan base & team to promote Crennel to HC, & Pioli knew the same. An emotionally healthy fan base & team & winning go hand & hand.

They also knew the team was familiar with Crennel, another pro to hiring Crennel. Crennel is a successful DC, of that there is little question or doubt, that is another pro. DC's often become successful HC's.

I agree in that, the mistake in my humble opinion I believe is, Crennel attempting to do two coaching jobs, each of which respectably is a full time job & then some. Our defense looked good with Romeo as DC. I'm hopeful that mistake will be corrected by Crennel, Pioli, & Hunt in the off season, as it's not feasible to correct it now. :)

I fully agree with this! Seems Pioli and Hunt should have learned something about this when Haley was calling the plays.

This is a matter of just being cheap or than a coach being power hungery. Either way its not leadership, nor is it being a team.

I also believe we will see some changes made with starting QB in 2013, assuming that is, Cassel doesn't remarkably improve his mistakes by season end & surprise all. Pioli had a serious interest in making that change in 2012, but he was limited as to options. He arranged meetings with RGIII at the Combine, and he contacted the Rams to discuss possible trade up options.

Unfortunately, Skins owner & HC, Snyder & Shanahan, have a history of violating salary caps & intentionally cheating in the draft to get who they want. Shanahan had the same history when in Denver. Oh, they're fined by the NFL for their cap/draft violations, but as Shanahan stated publicly after those fines were imposed when he was in Denver, "a slap on the wrist fine was worth it." Jerry Jones & other owners have a history of doing the same. Clark Hunt & KC do not, they tend to play by the rules.

The Skins made it perfectly clear there were no limits to what they would give up for RGIII. Pioli was wise to pass on a bidding war with them, lose some of our valuable assets needed for a potential solid teams future. I wouldn't have done it either, and this is why;

Pioli is a scout by nature. NFL scouts begin keeping their eye on potential future NFL players when they're playing in high school, through college. As such, Pioli with passing on RGIII was already very familiar with potential QB talent that will be entering the 2013 draft. Why not wisely wait one season, not give up all the Skins gave up & more, when he has the potential to draft a QB in 2013 that will be as talented, if not more so, than RGIII was projected to be? There also appears to be fewer teams to compete against in 2013 for a rookie QB, that will be in a better negotiation position than the Chiefs will be. Cassels 6 yr. contract was front loaded, we won't lose as much if he's traded, or demoted to back up in 2013.

We have Colquitt, Albert, possibly Bowe, & others whose contracts will need renewed after this season, cap money is needed to negotiate those contracts. With the new CBA guidelines that began this year, we can sign an early round QB for much less in 2013 than previous drafts. I for one, am grateful we have a financially wise GM who doesn't impulsively live in the moment and bankrupt our franchise.

Pioli isn't dumb either, if he was, he wouldn't have become the well respected & admired exec among his NFL peers that he became. Check out his bio, if not having already done so...there is no other GM available with a bio & resume comparable to Pioli's. Hunt hired the best, whether fans believe that or not, this fan does, because I took the time to do the research in depth prior to making a judgement impulsively.

Unlike many fans believe of Pioli, he is not so arrogant as to not hold himself accountable for his own mistakes. I know, I've spoke with the man one on one, and witnessed him accepting accountability for past mistakes. My respect, admiration, and belief in Scott Pioli was not just handed over to him blindly...he earned it based upon my own personal experiences interacting with the man & discussing the future of the Chiefs.

I'm also grateful KC didn't sign Manning, whom I was never in favor of from the get go, for logical & justified reasons. GO CHIEFS!!!!

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    I fully agree with this! Seems Pioli and Hunt should have learned something about this when Haley was calling the plays.

This is a matter of just being cheap or than a coach being power hungery. Either way its not leadership, nor is it being a team.
    At the end of 2011 Romeo had held the same HC/DC position during his interim position, the team played about as we'll as they could have given all circumstances. There was not a lot of reason to believe he couldn't replicate this in 2012.

2012 came and we are finding out different, if he would just admit it is hindering the team and give the defensive play calling to someone else so he can focus on being HC I believe there would be enough of a change to see improvement with the entire team. When your leader is overwhelmed the tendency is to try and make extra effort for the coach, be the guy who steps up. Problem is they are trying too hard to do that and ending up out of position to make the play for their assignment.

Sorry, but Pioli must go. All he's proven to me is that when it comes to being a GM, he couldn't pour p!ss out of a boot if the directions were on the heal of the boot itself.

Three7s is quite correct to hold the Chiefs brass accountable for what they've done and have failed to do since Pioli became GM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Sorry, but Pioli must go. All he's proven to me is that when it comes to being a GM, he couldn't pour p!ss out of a boot if the directions were on the heal of the boot itself.

Three7s is quite correct to hold the Chiefs brass accountable for what they've done and have failed to do since Pioli became GM.

Harsh!

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    Harsh!

Sorry, man, but I have to call it like I see it. I could write a book on why I see it that way. But, I'll start with comparing Pioli to a GM like Ted Thompson of the Packers, who has been kicking Pioli's a$$ year in and year out when it comes to evaluating talent.

Sorry, man, but I have to call it like I see it. I could write a book on why I see it that way. But, I'll start with comparing Pioli to a GM like Ted Thompson of the Packers, who has been kicking Pioli's a$$ year in and year out when it comes to evaluating talent.
    Evaluating talent overall, or QB talent solely?

Pioli has drafted players who have made a positive impact to our team; Succop, Lewis, Hudson, Houston, McCluster, Berry, Baldwin. Pro analysts project that Powe, Poe, Arenas & others, have the talent potential to be improvements to our young team once given an average fair amount of time to evolve in their positions. Heck, many pro analysts, including those at SI, have said the Chiefs have the most talented young roster in the NFL.

To call Pioli a bust at GM based upon 3 1/2 seasons of not yet achieving playoff wins, is premature, in my humble minded opinion. One of those seasons we won the AFC West, another came within two blocked FG's of winning the division, regardless of obstacles including injuries. :)

One of those seasons also included a rare lockout, which is a worst nightmare for a GM attempting to build a young team. Again, pro analysts said young teams rebuilding like the KC Chiefs would be the most negatively affected by the lockout. Additionally, we lost Charles, Berry, & Moeaki the entire season. Yes, all teams have injuries to contend with, but when you consider the severity of 3 starters missing an entire season due to torn ACL's, that's not common in the NFL.

For sake of discussion, who would Clark replace Pioli with that would guarantee doing as good or better job, and immediately? Fans by a majority are impatient, they won't be willing to give any GM 3-5 years the average time it takes to make a transition prior to being playoff caliber.

As I said, a new GM will likely change coaching staff, new system, and roster changes too. These are changes that take a team time to adapt to...it won't happen in one season, nor two. One season hit wonders aren't the answer any way. Long term contention is what Pioli has sought, and what most fans prefer, even if they don't think so now. I guarantee after one winning season, fans will demand more.

I know we've had our disagreements in the past, but I think both of us can tell the difference between quality and poor management of a franchise. IMO, the Falcons are probably the one that should be knocking on the door to SBs for years. Pioli should be asking his buddy Dimitroff for lessons on how to be a GM of an NFL franchise.

The reason my OP was about purging management is exactly what brdempsey mentioned. ACCOUNTABILITY! If fans don't how this team accountable, nothing will get done. Why is that? Because Pioli NEVER holds himself accountable, and that is obvious because Cassel is still the starting QB.

It has to start somewhere.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast