View Poll Results: Which QB would you want?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Geno Smith

24 53.33%
  • Matt Barkley

9 20.00%
  • Mike Glennon

0 0%
  • Tyler Wilson

0 0%
  • Other (Specify)

12 26.67%
Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Geno Smith vs Matt Barkley

Default Geno Smith vs Matt Barkley

At this point, which QB would you rather have KC draft in 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    He isn't. But how you change your tune. Ortons offense averaged 13 points a game...anyhow the point is we can get te'o and a capable qb vs a reach for capable qb and someone not nearly as dynamic. Some people just have it there's no rhyme or reason. And i would still rather go the CB from bama and then a qb then reaching for Geno at number 1 cuz that's where we r gonna be picking.
    THIS THIS AND THIS

We don't only have 1 pick we can get a defensive play maker AND a QB. Should we chose. But some want to live in there own little world where the Qb is going to fix everything. It's not I'm again not saying Teo is clearly the pick I'm just saying the he's to good to ignore. As for this whole spot we don't need thing goes imagin if the Packers had said we don't need a QB and not drafted Aaron Rodgers. What you have today you might not tomorrow. IF Teo is the clear better player we can't just ignore him we can get him and a Qb latter in the draft through trade Free angent we don't have to chose just 1 we have a full offseason to make moves not just 1 pick
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Quinn
    Mccluster
    Baldwin
    Newsome
    Copper
    Brokaki

This will be our passing attack next year if we don't do anything.

We don't have a passing attack.
    Who's saying not to do anything? No one is.

What we are saying is that If Teo is clearly a better player then anyone else once we look with him work him out and do all that stuff we need to take him. It would be the best thing to do. We are not saying not to get a QB or help the offense we are saying we need alot of help if we find Teo is clearly the best player we need him. We can find a way to use him.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    THIS THIS AND THIS

We don't only have 1 pick we can get a defensive play maker AND a QB. Should we chose. But some want to live in there own little world where the Qb is going to fix everything. It's not I'm again not saying Teo is clearly the pick I'm just saying the he's to good to ignore. As for this whole spot we don't need thing goes imagin if the Packers had said we don't need a QB and not drafted Aaron Rodgers. What you have today you might not tomorrow. IF Teo is the clear better player we can't just ignore him we can get him and a Qb latter in the draft through trade Free angent we don't have to chose just 1 we have a full offseason to make moves not just 1 pick

I still think Teo is a very conservative pick, because no one expects him to be elite, but no one also expects him to be a bust.

While as Geno is a bit different, he can throw and he is athletic, but there is always a bust factor in drafting a quarterback.

But one thing that is true in today's NFL is you need a good qb to win a title, if not elite. I have said before I would be willing to trade down and draft a CB and a qb.

Bottomline, I want a qb. We need offense to contend with the Tom Brady's, Aaron Rodgers etc..

We can't go into next year with the same passing attack we have now, because from the qb to the WR it is absolutely ugly, and if you don't score points in this league you aren't going to win.

I'll leave it at that.

Who's saying not to do anything? No one is.

What we are saying is that If Teo is clearly a better player then anyone else once we look with him work him out and do all that stuff we need to take him. It would be the best thing to do. We are not saying not to get a QB or help the offense we are saying we need alot of help if we find Teo is clearly the best player we need him. We can find a way to use him.

It's a passing league dude, we don't need a linebacker.
    Would Te'o have helped against a 4 wide WR set like the Falcons beat us to death with on opening day?

I would much rather have a good CB.

Would Te'o have helped against a 4 wide WR set like the Falcons beat us to death with on opening day?

Dude that's what we are saying but after the combine I have a hunch Te'o is gonna be the talk. If its the Bama CB so be it. And it may be a passing league but I would never tell ray Lewis he couldn't play on my team and I think that's who manti will emulate vs Luke kuechly.

We were 1 for 11 on 3rd down today that is less than 10%. I sure hope Oak beats us next week so we can draft before them if we win they will draft before us because they has a lower SOS. That is something I have never said in 45 years but the Chiefs will probably win because the tRaiders do nothing that I like and almost always break my heart.

1. Kansas City Chiefs - 2-10 (.507 SOS)
    2. Jacksonville Jaguars - 2-10 (.576 SOS)
    3. Oakland Raiders - 3-9 (.493 SOS)

It's a passing league today but the NFL is always changing.

Remember just a few years ago all the talk was the "wild cat offense" Everyone was going to be running it. What happened to that?

Just because it's a passing league today doesn't mean it will be that way 5 years from now.

Also remember a few years ago how Houston was "stupid" according to some to pick Mario Williams over Reggie Bush. How did that work out?

And again I don't think anyone is here saying Take Teo now. What we are saying is that we need to do our homework. We need to find the number 1 player that's going to help us. I really don't care who that is. But we can't just say pick a QB we need to do our homework that's all we are saying.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Remember just a few years ago all the talk was the "wild cat offense" Everyone was going to be running it. What happened to that?

Just because it's a passing league today doesn't mean it will be that way 5 years from now.

Also remember a few years ago how Houston was "stupid" according to some to pick Mario Williams over Reggie Bush. How did that work out?

And again I don't think anyone is here saying Take Teo now. What we are saying is that we need to do our homework. We need to find the number 1 player that's going to help us. I really don't care who that is. But we can't just say pick a QB we need to do our homework that's all we are saying.
    Yessir. Nail on the head. We also need to figure out the Bowe Branden Albert situation. If we have number one do we take the LT from Texas a and m and franchise Bowe again and let Albert walk??? He deserves a fat contract i don't know that we will give it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    We were 1 for 11 on 3rd down today that is less than 10%. I sure hope Oak beats us next week so we can draft before them if we win they will draft before us because they has a lower SOS. That is something I have never said in 45 years but the Chiefs will probably win because the tRaiders do nothing that I like and almost always break my heart.

1. Kansas City Chiefs - 2-10 (.507 SOS)
    2. Jacksonville Jaguars - 2-10 (.576 SOS)
    3. Oakland Raiders - 3-9 (.493 SOS)
    Man MMH, formerly known as MMo, freaking hit that right on saying how terrible we both were. The AFC West is a joke of a division.

It's fine if it's a need position. Te'o is not a need position for us.

Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan, Peyton Manning, these guys aren't going anywhere. It is a passing league and will be for awhile.

A good CB does a lot more for us than another ILB, which we already have in DJ, who was a pro bowler last year.

So if it is a passing league, tell me why would we need to draft another ILB when we have a huge hole to cover at CB, or even WR? DJ isn't near retirement, so this accomplishes pretty much absolutely nothing.