Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boston killing sports.

Default Boston killing sports.

I heard Colin Cowherd say that Cowboys/Patriots will be the greatest superbowl of all time this morning on ESPN radio... *gag* *gag* *cough* *puke*

The NFL isn't really all that interesting this year (lopsided AFC divisions, a slew of bad teams, etc) and the Patriots aren't helping anything with their 40+ point blow-outs. Maybe people from Boston and the sports media want to see another undefeated team emerge in the annals of NFL history but a lot of people are going to lose interest.

I think most people don't really want to see yet another post-season matchup between the New England Yankees and Dallas Red Sox. Football looks very similar to baseball this year-- completely lopsided. I thought the salary cap was supposed to prevent this?

Oh yeah, the Pats also got busted for cheating. Their punishment did not include any suspensions, just fines and they had draft picks taken away that they just recouped in a trade with San Fransisco (I think). Picture this: New England wins the superbowl and turns around to get a top-ten pick in the draft next year. The reason why I've been such a huge football fan over the years is because I used to only see this kind of imbalance in MLB or the NBA. Now, it seems that the NFL just wants the big teams to set a bunch of records-- kind of like they want to keep up with MLB because Bonds set the home run record this year or something...

Whatever's going on, it's lame and Boston is killing sports.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I kind of thought they might try an onside kick too.

Did you see Derek Mason almost tackle the guy that was defending that hail mary?? Another reason to throw a flag on the cry baby Ravens!
    Yeah. I think the refs realized that since the game was over, might as well just keep that flag in the pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Yeah. I think the refs realized that since the game was over, might as well just keep that flag in the pocket.
    I agree, but I bet if it had been a touchdown there would have been a flag.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    I agree, but I bet if it had been a touchdown there would have been a flag.
    Probably, and a well deserved one, that would have made the Ravens cry even more.

Chambers never even caught the pass that would have kept the drive alive on one of the MANY Pat's fourth down conversions.

The NFL is corrupt with officiating bias.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Chambers never even caught the pass that would have kept the drive alive on one of the MANY Pat's fourth down conversions.

The NFL is corrupt with officiating bias.
    Chambers??? I think you mean Gaffney?! Chambers is on San Diego. Or are you referring to the trap on the first 4th down conversion...(I think that was Watson)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Chambers??? I think you mean Gaffney?! Chambers is on San Diego. Or are you referring to the trap on the first 4th down conversion...(I think that was Watson)
    Yeah, my bad.

I was thinking of the Chargers game when Chambers DIDN"T catch the ball on their 4th down conversion.

Still pissed about game, but now it seems it wouldn't have mattered with the Chiefs getting clobbered by the Donks.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123