Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: someone who thinks eric winston is wrong

Default someone who thinks eric winston is wrong

Well to be a Chiefs fan is short for a Chiefs FANATIC. That's what the business is all about. They want us to be fanatics and spend our money and by doing so the team becomes very personal to us. The team becomes a part of our lives and even effect our emotions. When the Chiefs are winning you see the same fans cheering and going crazy and spending money because we love this team. The team also has to accept the bad that comes with FANATICS, becoming unruly, disrespectful, and demanding. It's the nature of the business. Why is anyone surprised? When Cassel got injured I was very happy that Brady might play. I honestly could care less about Cassel. Doesn't mean I wished he was hurt at all.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Personally I cheered that Cassel went out of the game and hopefully out for the season (I didn't cheer that he got hurt there is a distinction here). I don't like that it took injury but I am very glad he is out. I don't at all like the cause but I do like the result. I wish that Crennel and Egoli would have done there job and pulled him prior to that then we wouldn't be having this discussion.
    I don't think you can find anyone who was glad he was hurt, just glad he wouldn't be hurting the team any further.

I'm not lumping you in with this McLovin, but it's a very childish reaction from some people on here to get all aghast and act indignant towards the people who did cheer when Cassel went down. It is an inherently violent game and pretending otherwise is laughable.

I start to feel bad for Cassel being boo'd and just generally despised by the fanbase but then I remember that he is financially set for life from this one contract and doesn't ever have to work again. Then I don't really feel so bad for him anymore.

Personally I cheered that Cassel went out of the game and hopefully out for the season (I didn't cheer that he got hurt there is a distinction here). I don't like that it took injury but I am very glad he is out. I don't at all like the cause but I do like the result. I wish that Crennel and Egoli would have done there job and pulled him prior to that then we wouldn't be having this discussion.
    You DID cheer that he got hurt.

You have since tried to cover your tracks, and there is a bit of merit to that.

But.the reality is that you quite happy with the.injury.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    You DID cheer that he got hurt.

You have since tried to cover your tracks, and there is a bit of merit to that.

But.the reality is that you quite happy with the.injury.
    Never happy with the injury just happy with the result. Downright disgusted that it had to come to him getting hurt before he was replaced and even worse that Crennel is such a yes man that if Cassel is cleared to play this week or next week or the week after that he would be put in the game no matter what Quinn or anyone else has done. Not saying Quinn will do well just know that Cassel has no accountability for anything because Egoli overpaid for him and will never admit his mistake.

Never happy with the injury just happy with the result. Downright disgusted that it had to come to him getting hurt before he was replaced and even worse that Crennel is such a yes man that if Cassel is cleared to play this week or next week or the week after that he would be put in the game no matter what Quinn or anyone else has done. Not saying Quinn will do well just know that Cassel has no accountability for anything because Egoli overpaid for him and will never admit his mistake.

You said you hoped he was hurt YOUR words

Hope he is hurt. I feel bad saying that but hope it puts him in IR.
    Hard to say that you hope he is hurt and say you didn't want an injury.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    You said you hoped he was hurt YOUR words

Hard to say that you hope he is hurt and say you didn't want an injury.
    I did .. I wanted him him out ... I wanted him off the Chiefs .. this was after he was already hurt .. and already up and around. Find the post that I was hoping for a Cassel injury prior to it happening .. or find the post that I said that I hope he is hurt and isn't able to lead a normal life or I think he is a bad guy .. or any of that. Since he was hurt I said I hope he is hurt bad enough that he doesn't come back. Again I was cheering the result (that being Quinn coming in) and was and still hoping this means that Cassel will never suit up as a Chief again... for this I will never apologize. Spin it anyway you want ... I wish Matt a wonderful life with 60 million that he didn't earn but now it is time for him to go away.

I did .. I wanted him him out ... I wanted him off the Chiefs .. this was after he was already hurt .. and already up and around. Find the post that I was hoping for a Cassel injury prior to it happening .. or find the post that I said that I hope he is hurt and isn't able to lead a normal life or I think he is a bad guy .. or any of that. Since he was hurt I said I hope he is hurt bad enough that he doesn't come back. Again I was cheering the result (that being Quinn coming in) and was and still hoping this means that Cassel will never suit up as a Chief again... for this I will never apologize. Spin it anyway you want ... I wish Matt a wonderful life with 60 million that he didn't earn but now it is time for him to go away.

It's hard to say that you hope someone is hurt and then say you're not happy with the injury IMO. You have the right to feel how you feel you have the right to your opinion and no one is going to ask you to apologize for your opinion but I have the right to say I disagree with your views and I think there wrong. I think you're wrong for saying that you hope a guy is hurt. That's my opinion Not saying you're a bad person just disagree with you on your viewpoint.

I to wanted Cassel benched I said so a number of times in the game thread. But I will never cheer or hope that any player is hurt before or after it happens. No matter how poorly they have played. I
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

First off I hope and wish, and PRAY, and I really do and did pray for Cassels full recovery.

Now to Eric Winston, This guy is not the reason to stand up and say the things he did, it is extremely devisive and nothing short of a thing to turn attention away from his own under aCHIEFing start here at KC. Yes people did cheer, but clearly more and many more fans were watching JC cross the first down marker.People tend to keep their eye on the ball, just saying. Sure some cheered because Cassel was down, some cheered because of a bad case of frustration after the way he played, some spent hundreds of dollars to see a game and got the worst show you can imagine. But very few fans accually wanted to see Cassel or anyone get hurt. I do however believe 95 percent of the fans wanted to see a different qb, and that does NOT make anyone a bad person. I was at home and felt real bad about Cassel but did feel a huge excitement on knowing we would see someone else under center.

Winston is a new comer and has not played to his patential, and I'm sure feels badly for not having done his job and protected the QB , something all OL players want to do. I'm sure he was angry and hurt, and lashed out at ALL the fans when really it was just a small portion that acted foolishly.

Winston was the wrong guy to stand up and complain.

Now we and him the Chiefs are even more of the laughing stock. The Chiefs were already viewed as the clowns because of still having Cassel as their QB. No other team, and I mean no other team would have had Casssel as their starter.

Winston showed us all, he cares nothing about any of the fans, he put them all in the same catagory. He was wrong to speak up and even divide this team and the fan base more, because of his comments the Chiefs are a lesser team.

He is cutting off the hands that feed him.

Again I wish Cassel a quick and complete recovery, but hope he never gets under center in a Chiefs uniform.

The Chiefs were the JOKE of the NFL even before yesterdays game. That is all managment and coaching.

The Fans have to stand up and demand better.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expect different results.
    Last edited by 70 chiefsfan70; 10-09-2012 at 08:51 AM.

I may add as well that the Chiefs Fans are the best and most loyal fans in the universe, well next to Al Qaeda and Hezbollah.

It has been 20 years since we won a playoff game and the stands are full on any and every game, sadly they tend to empty out by the beginning of the 4th quarter.

Connie, Chiefster and Chief 31 have said it well enough. I believe if you are happy a member of your favorite team has gone down with an injury whether you were drunk at the time or what, you seriously need to give your head a shake.

Even though we are behind in the standings there are better fans who are much younger that are watching your acts. I always loved the behavior of the Kansas City Chiefs fan base and know I will continue to no matter what.

And I admit I have made my mistakes in fan behavior at times but jeez, you know, c'mon already.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast