Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fisher Will Play Left Tackle Next Season

Default Fisher Will Play Left Tackle Next Season

Just as predicted.

"Right now I'm going to move him to the left side," Reid said, according to Van Bibber. "That's where he played in college. Although Donald Stephenson played there for me, I know that he can do that too. But I think I'll start off with Eric at the left and keep Donald at the right. "
    Full Story
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Traditionally the LT is the more athletic guy and the RT is the more stout. Moving Fisher to LT may be better suited to his physical stature as he will be facing smaller but faster guys. He's less likely to be overpowered. We'll see.
    ...in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    Traditionally the LT is the more athletic guy and the RT is the more stout. Moving Fisher to LT may be better suited to his physical stature as he will be facing smaller but faster guys. He's less likely to be overpowered. We'll see.
    Speed rushes are what got him most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Then what's the good of him getting bigger? I thought athleticism was his strong suit?
    ...in my opinion

Irrelevant at this stage. Reid has announced Fisher is going to be the LT whether any of us like it or not. If people can live with Albert's rotten play at LT in 2009 & 2010, even though he was a Guard in college and high school, then there isn't any reason not to give Fisher that same chance to try and establish himself at his natural position of LT.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 03-26-2014 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Irrelevant at this stage. Reid has announced Fisher is going to be the LT whether any of us like it or not. If people can live with Albert's rotten play at LT in 2009 & 2010, even though he was a Guard in college and high school, then there isn't any reason not to give Fisher that same chance to try and establish himself at his natural position of LT.
    I thought Albert was a tackle until college and was moved inside because of D'Brickashaw Ferguson, then Eugene Monroe? That's why KC moved him to begin with.

Regardless, I don't think most of us want to settle for 2009 and 2010 (Fraud) performances. Unfortunately, there is no choice. I expect a step back this year, sadly. If this kid busts its a big setback. Let's hope he gets it.
    ...in my opinion

I thought Albert was a tackle until college and was moved inside because of D'Brickashaw Ferguson, then Eugene Monroe? That's why KC moved him to begin with.

Regardless, I don't think most of us want to settle for 2009 and 2010 (Fraud) performances. Unfortunately, there is no choice. I expect a step back this year, sadly. If this kid busts its a big setback. Let's hope he gets it.
    Actually they put Albert at LT in 2008, because there was nobody else to play the position at that time. It's unknown if Carl/Herm intended to keep him there.

Regarding 2009 and 2010, anybody could see the lack of talent regarding the people they had playing O-Line at that time & I remember telling more than one person at that time, that in 2-3 years most of them would be out of the league and probably delivering pizza to somebody's doorstep.

This year going in, the biggest question is RG, but the word out of Chiefs camp is they really like Rishaw Johnson and were very pleased with his showing in week 17 to the point they willing to let Schwartz and Asamoah walk. Here's an article about him:

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2014/03/2...w-right-guard/

You are correct that 2014 could be a struggle for the O-Line, but it's more likely to be because of youth & inexperience against a tough schedule, not because of lack of talent.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 03-26-2014 at 06:54 PM.

It's not even preseason, so it's not like the roster is set in stone. Plug Fisher in at LT, see what he can do. It seems pretty logical to me that an LT, drafted with the first pick of the first round, should get a chance at being LT...With our pass rushers it should be apparent pretty quick if he is or isn't the guy.

Then what's the good of him getting bigger? I thought athleticism was his strong suit?
    So when he gets stronger, his athleticism will somehow magically vanish?

He needs to be get bigger and still be athletic. That is why the LT is the most importand and highest position on the line. Specially when Justin Houston looked bigger than him and now he will be lining up against guys like Tamba who has speed and a strong push. Do you really want your LT to be smaller than the guys he is supposed to be blocking protecting your QB's blind side. Willie Roaf used to work out at my gym. The guy looked like he could barely walk, yet he was so big and strong speed rushers had a hard time getting around him and his reach. That is where Fisher failed.

First You are reasons as excuses to justify FACTUAL evidence that he struggled at RT. When my argument is not about position, but FACT he failed to perfom as a #1 talent physically on the field. Regardless of him being a RT or LT, it does not matter he was beat physically by the guy lining up in front of him and moving him to LT where he is expected to physically perfom better is a very big concern for me. He also seemed to get hurt easily, which I believe is directly related to him being physically overwhelmed.

Second, I don't recall the Chiefs ever saying they specifically drafted him to play LT. It is your assumptions that he was drafted to play LT, otherwise they would have moved Albert to RT and played Fisher at LT, or moved Fisher to LT to play when Albert got hurt, but they were not comfortable doing that for FACTUAL reasons that he was struggling at RT when they had a better option in Stephenson. Had the season not meant anything, I believe they would have made that change to Fisher at LT to get him some work. The Chiefs took who they thought was the best player on the board given the lack of #1 over all talent in last years draft and up until the week of the draft many speculated the Chiefs were going with Dion Jordan as the best player available VS need at tackle.

But to answer you questin, YES I think it makes sense to move him to LT since he was drafted #1 over all and that should warrant a LT vs RT, but if you remove that Draft status from his name based on his actual performance last year, I don't think it makes any sense at all and that is what really bothers me. I trully believe having Stephenson at LT and Fisher at RT makes this offensive line better.

The Many who think he will succeed, are Hopeful people. I have never heard anyone actually break down Fisher's play and tell me why they think he is better suited at LT. NO ONE....

I am not Anti Fisher and I HOPE (because that is all I can expect) with every rose colored glasses ounce of my fandom, That he has developed greatly in the off season to get bigger and stronger and to succeed at LT. But then again, I am a Chiefs fan and I am used to HOPE turning into failure specially when considering the history of #1 draft picks for this franchise the last couple years. I need more than hope to walk into this season thinking everything will be just fine. I am skeptical until proven different but I have to say, I am usually not wrong when I use my own Eye Test judgement. Lets hope he has improved, and I look forward to seeing if he does in training camp this year as I will be there a couple times again this year.
    This pretty much sums up my whole position on Fisher to a T. I really hope to see him come along this year. Nice post Seek.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast