Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If the Chiefs get Eric Winston

Default If the Chiefs get Eric Winston

What should they do with there early draft picks. What spots should they Focus on should they trade to get more picks later on. What would you like to see if they get the RT spot taken care of
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Just received updated info: Winston arrived in KC later than scheduled. Got medical stuff done today.
    Will continue his meeting with Chiefs tomorrow. Could possibly sign before he gets out of town.
    Adam Teicher (adamteicher) on Twitter

Would be so good to lock up two positions. Winston at RT and then a good RG from the draft, both to long dontracts

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    If we can land winston i will deem this our first successful off season, and most importantly i will be satisfied
    This is one of the few times I agree with you. But I would also want us to pick up some depth on OL, in the secondary, and LB in that order.
    I would actually be ok with Lilja staying the starter at LG, but only if we draft his eventual replacement in the 2-4th rounds. I would be ok with Lilja because zone blocking requires a lot of familiarity/chemistry, and it may take awhile for everyone to click.
    That being said, it would be tough to pass on decastro unless we trade down for more picks. I really hope both Trent Richardson and Tannehill are on the board when we pick, so someone wants to trade down with us.

If we can land winston i will deem this our first successful off season, and most importantly i will be satisfied
    I would have thought the 2010 offseason was pretty good. Atleast the draft anyway

Cool NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    This is one of the few times I agree with you. But I would also want us to pick up some depth on OL, in the secondary, and LB in that order.
    I would actually be ok with Lilja staying the starter at LG, but only if we draft his eventual replacement in the 2-4th rounds. I would be ok with Lilja because zone blocking requires a lot of familiarity/chemistry, and it may take awhile for everyone to click.
    That being said, it would be tough to pass on decastro unless we trade down for more picks. I really hope both Trent Richardson and Tannehill are on the board when we pick, so someone wants to trade down with us.
    From what I've seen lately, Cleveland is expected to go after Tannehill with their first pick, 4th overall, and Tampa Bay is expected to take Richardson with their first pick, 5th overall. I think our best opportunity to trade down then would be with New England, if they were to decide to try to move up for Coples, as many see him as a player they would want to pick up. However, New England is definitely not known for trading up. Maybe if Cleveland sees another player they would like and decides that they would want to trade up from their 2nd pick, 22nd overall.

Think the sign that Winston stayed another day in KC is GOOD NEWS!

The last free agency news I heard about a player extending their visit was Mario Williams, and he ended up signing with the team he extended the meeting with.

Think we might have some good news heading into the weekend...

We sign this guy, and I am loving this free agency class. If we can land Tolbert too, it would be Icing on the Cake!

We really need a NT
    True, left that out. We ESPECIALLY need one if Gregg retires. I'm not sold on dontari Poe, especially in the top 15, but he won't make it past 20. After him, I don't know much about this NT class.

IF we want a dominant offensive line,we better get decastro,if we pick up winston.Then we would have a complete line

Quote Originally Posted by kckidd8870 View Post
    IF we want a dominant offensive line,we better get decastro,if we pick up winston.Then we would have a complete line
    We just signed Winston, take that Peyton Manning! Draft Decastro and watch this line dominate defenses for years!

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    We just signed Winston, take that Peyton Manning! Draft Decastro and watch this line dominate defenses for years!
    That depends on the length of contract Wilson signed if it is a one year deal we will be right back here next year.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast