Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why not Gutierrez

Default Why not Gutierrez

I am new to the forum, and maybe this has already been discussed, but I keep seeing reports that Thigpen will start if Cassel doesn't. What is wrong with Gutierrez, from what I have seen of him, he gives a better chance to win than Thigpen or Croyle. Am I missing something or out of my mind?

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    In a suprise move Todd Hailey has released the entire O-Line and brought in 5 additional Wide Recievers and 3 additional Quarterbacks.

Wait .. if the O-Line is as bad as it was last year that might be a thought ... LOL

BOO.
    Why post anything when you have nothing to say but just random stupid joke that is so NOT funny it pains us all to even read it? AND WHY? The fact that so many people here post the most unbelievably unfunny comments instead of having a "Hardcore Chiefs Discussion" is beyond me...(sigh) Go Chiefs

I think he wanted to talk about Gutierrez.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by KCINNYC View Post
    BOO.
    Why post anything when you have nothing to say but just random stupid joke that is so NOT funny it pains us all to even read it? AND WHY? The fact that so many people here post the most unbelievably unfunny comments instead of having a "Hardcore Chiefs Discussion" is beyond me...(sigh) Go Chiefs
    That was a comment on how the O-Line could be better then last year. That comment was a direct answer to a question posed above.

That was a comment on how the O-Line could be better then last year. That comment was a direct answer to a question posed above.

Well, aren't I suddenly the a-hole.

ME

Forgiveness please!

Quote Originally Posted by KCINNYC View Post
    Well, aren't I suddenly the a-hole.

ME

Forgiveness please!
    Forgiven, and I meant how the O-Line could be worse not better .... my bad.

Gutierrez suffers from no game experience, very little game time in the preseason and he hardly looks all that good.

I admit Thigpen has not looked good this year from what I have seen and heard, and Brodie has not played regularly in a year. Thigpen will get the nod over Brodie and Gutierrez because he has more recent in-game experience as a whole.

From what I have seen, the top three options all look about equal to me and Gutierrez slightly less. I think Haley and Pioli see an situation where they might have some injured QBs this year and are hedging against that possibility.

If this is true, then this would be a good thing.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Forgiven, and I meant how the O-Line could be worse not better .... my bad.

Wow, and now all things considered, it was a funny post.

I can only speak for the STL game because I saw it live from great seats. Croyle couldn't hit the side of a barn (he would have thrown it over top of the barn). Thiggy was scared all game (would guess you would have that with broken ribs and taking into account how poor the line *had* been playing. And Gutie seemed ok with a couple little glitches. All and all if Cassel can't go, I would still like to see Croyle start as long as he can get a little protection and his ribs are up to it.

I wouldn't be against Gutie playing although I really dont know how he would do in a game situation, If Brodie were to put some touch on the ball and get some control I wouldn't mind seeing what he could do.

I dont know about the rest of you but regardless of who is QB I am just ready to watch some Chiefs football.

No really, what is wrong with Gutierrez? All I have read in this forum is that Gutierrez lacks experience. So what! No one would have given Cassel a team two years ago. It is all about opportunities. And Tom Brady worked his way from fourth string to one of the greatest quarterbacks of our time. I am not comparing Gutierrez's abilities to Brady's by any means but whose to say he can't prove himself worthy of playing on the field and contributing to the rebuilding of this chiefs organization. Croyle and Thigpen were not impressive last year and it seems like the majority of you would rather put the success of the beginning of the 2009 season in their hands once again rather than give Gutierrez an opportunity. We went 2-14 last year, really what do we have to lose?

What's with all the Gutierrez love? I mean just because he was a quaterback for the Pats doesn't make him the greatest. Gutierrez is a guy that's spent a lot of his time on the practice squad and has never been anything more than a 3rd stringer. Gutierrez isn't starter material and he probably never will be either. Croyle on the other hand has a lot of potential, but just can't stay healthy and Thigpen is very talented, but is just young and inexperienced. Both are much better options than Gutierrez.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast