Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rumors from sources say lockout is over >>>

Default Rumors from sources say lockout is over >>>

Rumors from sources, so please take them as that: 'players have been notified in some way the lockout is basically over, just a matter of legal formality to make it official. Chiefs players are currently making plans for return to KC, some employee's of Arrowhead have been notified players will be accessing training facility & stadium soon.'

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Things were going so well till they got the lawyers back in it.
    Understandable, considering the longer the attorney's on both sides can drag it out, the more money they'll be paid, and valuable publicity received in the media for the attorney's also. Other than my own attorney...I don't trust attorney's, lol.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Understandable, considering the longer the attorney's on both sides can drag it out, the more money they'll be paid, and valuable publicity received in the media for the attorney's also. Other than my own attorney...I don't trust attorney's, lol.
    I think a bus load of attorneys going off a cliff is a good start; the same can be said of politicians as well.

ESPN was showing on Friday night that the Owners are very reluctant to agree to the deal that is proposed.

I heard that the rumor is untrue, but hopefully this can be worked out before July 4. Free Agency would be the most exciting in years with such a short time span.

Not only are the owners working out the CBA with the players, but there is also a division between the owners as well. There is a divisions between the large market teams and the small market teams. The lock out will not be ended until all three sides can agree as the divisions between owners will affect Free agency and salary caps...

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Not only are the owners working out the CBA with the players, but there is also a division between the owners as well. There is a divisions between the large market teams and the small market teams. The lock out will not be ended until all three sides can agree as the divisions between owners will affect Free agency and salary caps...
    hopefully not enough to stall this thing. I believe they need 9 owners to derail anything

The 52-48 revenue split should be a done deal, the 18 game season has got to go IMO. 48% of the revenue should be enough for a healthcare plan, I think 90% of them are overpaid anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    The 52-48 revenue split should be a done deal, the 18 game season has got to go IMO. 48% of the revenue should be enough for a healthcare plan, I think 90% of them are overpaid anyway.
    52 - 48 revenue split, owners will be required to spend at least 90% of the cap, and another regular season game will be added.

That is my prediction.

I think the biggest sticking point right now is the loss of the 1 billion in revenue.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    52 - 48 revenue split, owners will be required to spend at least 90% of the cap, and another regular season game will be added.

That is my prediction.

I think the biggest sticking point right now is the loss of the 1 billion in revenue.
    Players are dead set on not expanding the regular season. That is one thing that I consistently hear them say is the last thing they want.

So far, everything I have heard, which is being leaked out in error, sounds good.

I am just concerned if some of the owners are not liking the 90% Floor on Salary Cap. Specificaly Clark Hunt. This in the long run could hurt the Chiefs, because he was well below the cap a couple years. He is going to to have to make up the cost somewhere, and I bet I know where and I won't like it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast