Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Five Chiefs in the Pro Bowl

Default Five Chiefs in the Pro Bowl

Reflects the fact that indeed we do have talent, and it is widely recognized.

Charles, Hali, Johnson, Berry and Colquitt.
    Only three other AFC teams with more representatives.

All deserving IMO. Comments?

My only comment is that its never good to have a punter on the all pro roster. A record for punts inside the twenty. Not a good reflection on our offence.
    Last edited by NJChiefs; 12-26-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    My case is more do we want to bring in a new GM, who will want to bring in all his own players? I mean, we're talking wholesale changes across the board, including a whole new scouting dept that will be behind the rest of the league in terms of 2013 NFL draft prep.

Look at the failure at the QB position. Then go back and look at the drafts and picks the Chiefs have had. In terms of 1st rounders, there hasn't been a single good QB available when the Chiefs picked. I am very upset that we didn't get one of the solid QBs in this draft and are stuck w/ Stanzi who can't even see time on the field behind two terrible QBs though.

As I see it, he has a high pick, and one more shot to get the coaching position right. I like those odds over bringing in unknown behind door #2.
    Usually, a New GM will keep the current scouts except for maybe the head of college scouting until after the draft, and then pick their own staff. That is what Pioli did, at least.

My concern is more about whether we change systems. Not so much on offense, but from a 3-4 to 4-3. Moving to a 4-3 puts our D back a year or two. With 3 probowl defensive players, and 2 more that got legit looks (Houston and Flowers) I would hate to see us rebuild the D.

I also hope we keep our LB coach and DB coach (Gibbs and Thomas I think).
    Last edited by jap1; 12-27-2012 at 03:13 AM.

Grats to all! Finally Colquitt made it!! Very overdue

how does the worst team in the nfl manage to land 5 players on the pro bowl which i think is 2 more than we had when we won the division 2 years ago. any team w/5 pro bowlers should be a competetive team, must be the coaching!!!!
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

We really should have gotten six. I think flowers is better than Jonathan Joseph and Antonio cromartie. Even Espn.coms title is a Mix of veterans and rookies and 5 Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    We really should have gotten six. I think flowers is better than Jonathan Joseph and Antonio cromartie. Even Espn.coms title is a Mix of veterans and rookies and 5 Chiefs.
    Albert and Houston are also both worthy of consideration.

Awesome congratulations to them all. I share many of the sentiments already posted but would like to add that our boy D.J. is getting up there, let's get a ring for him soon.

Have a great time at the Pro Bowl fellas!
    *** Kansas City Chiefs 2013 - 2014 ***

Really, All of you guys actually think Eric Berry is deserving of being named a starter.....I know he has been playing better lately but the guy has looked nothing the part of starting Pro-bowler specially after I have seen him schooled so many times for a TD this year.

A lot of pissed off people around the league because of this.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Really, All of you guys actually think Eric Berry is deserving of being named a starter.....I know he has been playing better lately but the guy has looked nothing the part of starting Pro-bowler specially after I have seen him schooled so many times for a TD this year.
    Totally agree with this post. He probably spit his drink across the room when they told him....

I don't know why berry made it but congrats (i guess).

NFL Stats: by Player Position
    (DB stats, a couple of SS had slightly better stats)

Colquitt and Charles deserved it, running backs have better yards then JC, but they are all NFC and JC has a better YPC then all running backs besides AP

DJ is a good choice. Houston and Hali are toss ups.

NFL Stats: by Player Position

Hali and Houston are tops in sacks.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast