Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KC Star : Haley's coaching performance was embarrassing

Default KC Star : Haley's coaching performance was embarrassing

Let’s hope Todd Haley spent Sunday night standing in front of a mirror, screaming at himself. If he holds himself to the same standards as his players, he might be on the waiver wire this morning.

More...

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Wow Fatlock admitted why he hates Pioli, boo whoo they don't tell me anything. I don't understand why Fatlock still has a job.

From the above article.

"Many of you don’t understand why the tone of my columns about the Chiefs has been so negative after I initially campaigned for Scott Pioli’s hiring and identified Haley as Pioli’s likely head coach.
    The amount of arrogance from Pioli directed toward the media and the unwarranted, know-it-all arrogance Haley directs toward his players make King Carl Peterson look as humble and down-to-earth as Lamar Hunt."

How was Haley embarrassing? He can't help if the players can't get it done. There was maybe 1 bad call, but it was probably cassels fault.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Hailey took over a bad team,. Whitlock is just an idoit if he thinks Todd Haileys coaching was the reason the chiefs lost. If anythings true the chiefs lost inspite of being ready to play and there gameplane. A head coaches job is to have his team ready to play and to come up with a gameplane that puts his team in the best postion to win the ball game. The chiefs were ready to play. And there gameplan was to make Russell beat them. The chiefs dominated the game throughout. The killer was mistakes by a young team the he DID NOT put together. There is a saying that all young teams do is get coaches fired. Herm Edwards was fired becuse he put a team together that was to young and herm could not get the team to win. Todd Hailey put this team in postion to win MISTAKES by young players not coaching are the reason the raiders left Arrowhead with a win.

Hailey did make a mistake by going to the prevent defense and he will probley spend the week rethinking that. Just like young players make mistakes young coaches make mistakes. This is haileys first year as a head coach ever. He is going to make mistakes like he did late in the game yesterday. The thing that will decide just how good of a coah Todd hailey is will be if he learns from those mistakes right away. To say that todd hailey was embarrassing is just stupid. The chiefs are 0-2 and todd hailey is responsable for that but I dont see how you can say he was embassing.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    How was Haley embarrassing? He can't help if the players can't get it done. There was maybe 1 bad call, but it was probably cassels fault.
    I can think of at least 4 instances:
    1. 4th and 1 from the 5 and kicking a field goal.
    2. Not instructing Cassel to throw the ball away at the end of the 1st half if it appeared we couldn't stop the clock.
    3. Allowing Clancy to put us in a prevent defense on the faders last drive.
    4. Not getting the ball to Bowe when Asamgua was not in the game (which was numerous plays-we took advantage ONCE.)
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    2. Not instructing Cassel to throw the ball away at the end of the 1st half if it appeared we couldn't stop the clock.
    4. Not getting the ball to Bowe when Asamgua was not in the game (which was numerous plays-we took advantage ONCE.)
    I for once agree with Fatlock, Haley does have to look in the mirror.

Look, penalties is a product of poor game preperation. You have to mentally prepare the team to play smart and not make mistakes on the field. False starts at home are uncalled for and Albert had at least two.

Those two timeouts we spent that we needed before the half, those are Haley's fault too, think about it, had we had a coordinator, then those plays could have been prepared sooner and called in sooner. Since Haley insists on doing it himself there we are.

I found it funny when Cassel said "The plays here are a lot like New England, it is the screaming in my ear that is hard to get used to"

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I found it funny when Cassel said "The plays here are a lot like New England, it is the screaming in my ear that is hard to get used to"
    Yeah Haley might want to tone it down a bit. Instead of getting respect out of his players, he'll simply lose them.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    It was 3rd and 5. Not for 4th down. It should have been a shot to the endzone, and if need be a field goal

Cassel admitted he was at fault for the pass. You can't blame just one person for that.

1. You can blame Haley for Calling the play.
    2. You can blame Cassel for throwing where he did.
    3. You can blame the RB who caught the ball knowing he would get lit up in bounds as soon as he caught the ball.

It was a bad mistake by everyone. So would like to go back to herm where he would have waste a timeout and screwed up everything.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Cassel admitted he was at fault for the pass. You can't blame just one person for that.
    No doubt Cassel was at fault. But Haley is the qb coach, offensive coordinator, and head coach. And he called a time out before the play. It was at this point that Haley should had made sure the Cassel understood the situation.
    And I understand Cassel is getting paid millions of dollars for making these decisions and that it was his first game as a Chief. All the more reason....
    And who can we blame for not having a OC or qb coach to help Cassel in these types of situations...
    Obviously Haley can't, won't, or didn't do it...
    SHUT IT

Let's keep this all in perspective...Whitlock is paid to get us all stirred up. Not that we need any help coming off a home opener loss to the stinkin' raiders, a winless preseason, and a previous year of 2-14.

Mr. Whitlock, please get over the fact that Pioli doesn't give a whole lot of time to the media. It's nothing personal. The man has bigger fish to fry. Right now that bubbling sound you hear is the entire offensive line and coaching staff being dipped in batter.

With that being said, I do agree that Haley should control himself better on the sidelines. If it's truly that bad, do what Mike Singletary did - tell the player to go take a shower and play someone you don't have to scream at.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast