Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I used to like Vermeil

Default I used to like Vermeil

Until this... yuck:

"While popular opinion might suggest that Johnson was brought to town to back up Clinton Portis, one of Johnson's former coaches has a bold prediction. "He will take over the running back position," said Dick Vermeil, who coached Johnson in Kansas City from 2003 to '05. "That's what I think. He'll push that guy right out of a job." Reported by the Washington Post

The Redskins signed Johnson last week to a three-year contract. Portis, who missed the final eight games last season after suffering a season-ending concussion, returns for his ninth NFL season. He's been the Redskins' starter since joining the team in 2004. Though he's two years older than Portis, Johnson has 755 fewer carries. While the two might begin training camp sharing the workload, Vermeil expects Johnson to open eyes at practice. He says Johnson helped push Priest Holmes, the Chiefs' incumbent running back in Kansas City seven years ago, and Vermeil says he'll push Portis now -- until he surpasses him."
    -tg1979

I think LJ has a very good chance of becoming a good RB for Washington.

We are all familiar with Shanahan and what his running games look like.

There is little required of the RB but to run through gaping holes. Very similar to what LJ was doing in 2005 with Vermiel still here.

As long as they can find a way to manage his personality, they may well get a good product from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Guess you'll really sh*t when he puts up numbers eh?
    Whats up with the man crush? I could care less what LJ does, fact is he didnt put up numbers as a Chief and acts like a douche bag so Im glad he's gone. Who are you rooting for, LJ or the Redskins?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

...besides, didn't you keep telling everyone that LJ was still gonna be good for the Chiefs. What happened to that?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Lay off the home grown bud! 4000 yds?
    I was exaggerating. But he'd be a lock for an easy 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Whats up with the man crush? I could care less what LJ does, fact is he didnt put up numbers as a Chief and acts like a douche bag so Im glad he's gone. Who are you rooting for, LJ or the Redskins?
    No crush really and certainly not rooting for either. Just a disdane for the way you bad mouthed him while he was here even before any "off field" incedents. You never liked him because you thought he whined too much. I didn't hear much bashing when he was dominating every team they played. You chose not to say much at all as opposed to giving him any credit. No worries though, we're all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    ...besides, didn't you keep telling everyone that LJ was still gonna be good for the Chiefs. What happened to that?
    It's all about winning and I absolutely believe that if he were still here and they improve the line as they appear to be doing, he would have had another dominating year! 1500+ and 15+ TD's

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I think LJ has a very good chance of becoming a good RB for Washington.

We are all familiar with Shanahan and what his running games look like.

There is little required of the RB but to run through gaping holes. Very similar to what LJ was doing in 2005 with Vermiel still here.

As long as they can find a way to manage his personality, they may well get a good product from him.
    The redskins will have to find an OL to open those gaping holes. Their OL was worse than ours last year and their LT retired.

No crush really and certainly not rooting for either. Just a disdane for the way you bad mouthed him while he was here even before any "off field" incedents. You never liked him because you thought he whined too much. I didn't hear much bashing when he was dominating every team they played. You chose not to say much at all as opposed to giving him any credit. No worries though, we're all good.
    \
    Im sure most of that is because I was not a member of this site when LJ was producing. I liked LJ, I have his jersey hanging in my garage. It was not until later in his career when he started acting like an As$ that I stopped caring about the guy. You never heard me bashing him ever. I have only ever stated why I didn't like him. If disliking a guy who gave up on his team is bashing, then I guess you could be right.

It's all about winning and I absolutely believe that if he were still here and they improve the line as they appear to be doing, he would have had another dominating year! 1500+ and 15+ TD's
    That's a huge reach. I think realistically for the Redskins this year:

270 car. - 1050 yds
    9 td's

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    That's a huge reach. I think realistically for the Redskins this year:

270 car. - 1050 yds
    9 td's
    Read the post again. I wasn't speaking of the numbers he will produce this year.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast