Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Week 3 predictions.

Default Week 3 predictions.

I'm going to start posting the NFL schedule each week so we can all post what we think the outcome of each game will be and discuss our predictions. I'm posting the schedule first, without my predictions, so everybody can just cut and paste right out of this post. This could be fun to come back and review after the games are decided.

MIN @ KC
    BUF @ NE
    SF @ PIT
    IND @ HOU
    SD @ GB
    STL @ TB
    ARI @ BAL
    DET @ PHI
    MIA @ NYJ
    JAC @ DEN
    CLE @ OAK
    CIN @ SEA
    CAR @ ATL
    NYG @ WAS
    DAL @ CHI
    TEN @ NO
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

MIN @ KC--KC
    BUF @ NE--NE
    SF @ PIT--PIT
    IND @ HOU--IND
    SD @ GB--SD
    STL @ TB--TB
    ARI @ BAL--BAL
    DET @ PHI--DET
    MIA @ NYJ--MIA
    JAC @ DEN--JAC
    CLE @ OAK--OAK
    CIN @ SEA--SEA
    CAR @ ATL--CAR
    NYG @ WAS--WAS
    DAL @ CHI--DAL
    TEN @ NO--TEN

I figure that's safe for at least .500
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Okay, here goes:

MIN @ KC - KC - We really need this one and I think we have been showing improvement. It's in Arrowhead. GO CHIEFS!!!

BUF @ NE - NE - The Pats destroyed Sandy Eggo, plus Brady is my fantasy QB. I don't see any way that Belicheat and company could drop this one to a team with no name.

SF @ PIT - PIT - Sorry Rbed... I'm going to have to go with the Steelers on this one because they have destroyed the two teams they have played so far. I certainly think the Niners will put up a much better fight than the team not mentioned and the Browns but this will be a really tough one for them to win.

IND @ HOU - IND - The Ponies look good again this year. They squeaked out a close one against the Titans last week and I look for this one to be similarly close. The Texans have significantly improved and they could really prove themselves to everyone by winning this game. I just don't see it happening, though.

SD @ GB - SD - This one is actually a tough call. Green Bay has been looking pretty good so far but they have beat two teams that really aren't playing very good right now. The Chargers won a tough one against Chicago and should be itching to redeem themselves after getting flattened by New England.

STL @ TB - STL - I know the Bucs put the smack down on New Orleans last week but I'm sure the Rams know they have to pull it together soon. So far, Saint Louis has not lived up to the expectations of them and I'm sure they are aware that this game's importance is greatly magnified, being 0-2. Look for Jackson and that offense to get going soon.

ARI @ BAL - BAL - This is a hard one to call. Both teams have played some tough games so far. I'm going to give the edge to the Ravens due to the whole AFC superiority theory.

DET @ PHI - DET - The Eagles know they have to win this game but the Lions have improved a lot. McNabb is still rusty and he is not getting much help. Westbrook gives the Eagles the best chance to win right now but Andy Reid doesn't like to run very much and keeps putting more pressure than necessary on McNabb, IMO.

MIA @ NYJ - NYJ - Trent Green threw four picks last week and the Dolphins are last in the league in rushing. Enough said.

JAC @ DEN - DEN - Denver is on a roll right now after two last-minute wins on field goals. Jacksonville, on the other hand, is last in the league in rush defense and we all know that those Donkeys like to run the ball.

CLE @ OAK - CLE - Neither of these teams are very good, IMO. However, I think Cleveland is the better choice after their shootout win against the Bengals.

CIN @ SEA - SEA - The Bengals have a great offense but their defense is horrible while Seattle is floating somewhere closer to the middle on both sides of the ball. I think the Seahawks are more balanced and therefore, they get the win.

CAR @ ATL - CAR - The Falcons are terrible this year. Look for more big plays from Steve Smith this week.

NYG @ WAS - WAS - The Giants have been terrible on defense so far and the 'Skins are getting good play from their QB.

DAL @ CHI - DAL - Grossman has been the "bad Grossman" so far this year while Romo is playing very well. I don't think Dallas will run all over that great Bears defense by any means but I don't think the Bears' offense will be able to match points with them, either. However, if Hester sets them up with a couple of scores, I may be proven wrong on this one.

TEN @ NO - TEN - The Titans played a really close one against one of the best teams in the league while the Saints have significantly dropped off from last season. It seems that the intensity and confidence that they had last season has evaporated.

Game #1 Chiefs WIN!!! (In an absolute *** whoopin!!)

Game #2-16 who cares!! lol

12 more hours and I am on my way!!!!!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Okay, here goes:

MIN @ KC - KC - We really need this one and I think we have been showing improvement. It's in Arrowhead. GO CHIEFS!!!

BUF @ NE - NE - The Pats destroyed Sandy Eggo, plus Brady is my fantasy QB. I don't see any way that Belicheat and company could drop this one to a team with no name.

SF @ PIT - PIT - Sorry Rbed... I'm going to have to go with the Steelers on this one because they have destroyed the two teams they have played so far. I certainly think the Niners will put up a much better fight than the team not mentioned and the Browns but this will be a really tough one for them to win.

IND @ HOU - IND - The Ponies look good again this year. They squeaked out a close one against the Titans last week and I look for this one to be similarly close. The Texans have significantly improved and they could really prove themselves to everyone by winning this game. I just don't see it happening, though.

SD @ GB - SD - This one is actually a tough call. Green Bay has been looking pretty good so far but they have beat two teams that really aren't playing very good right now. The Chargers won a tough one against Chicago and should be itching to redeem themselves after getting flattened by New England.

STL @ TB - STL - I know the Bucs put the smack down on New Orleans last week but I'm sure the Rams know they have to pull it together soon. So far, Saint Louis has not lived up to the expectations of them and I'm sure they are aware that this game's importance is greatly magnified, being 0-2. Look for Jackson and that offense to get going soon.

ARI @ BAL - BAL - This is a hard one to call. Both teams have played some tough games so far. I'm going to give the edge to the Ravens due to the whole AFC superiority theory.

DET @ PHI - DET - The Eagles know they have to win this game but the Lions have improved a lot. McNabb is still rusty and he is not getting much help. Westbrook gives the Eagles the best chance to win right now but Andy Reid doesn't like to run very much and keeps putting more pressure than necessary on McNabb, IMO.

MIA @ NYJ - NYJ - Trent Green threw four picks last week and the Dolphins are last in the league in rushing. Enough said.

JAC @ DEN - DEN - Denver is on a roll right now after two last-minute wins on field goals. Jacksonville, on the other hand, is last in the league in rush defense and we all know that those Donkeys like to run the ball.

CLE @ OAK - CLE - Neither of these teams are very good, IMO. However, I think Cleveland is the better choice after their shootout win against the Bengals.

CIN @ SEA - SEA - The Bengals have a great offense but their defense is horrible while Seattle is floating somewhere closer to the middle on both sides of the ball. I think the Seahawks are more balanced and therefore, they get the win.

CAR @ ATL - CAR - The Falcons are terrible this year. Look for more big plays from Steve Smith this week.

NYG @ WAS - WAS - The Giants have been terrible on defense so far and the 'Skins are getting good play from their QB.

DAL @ CHI - DAL - Grossman has been the "bad Grossman" so far this year while Romo is playing very well. I don't think Dallas will run all over that great Bears defense by any means but I don't think the Bears' offense will be able to match points with them, either. However, if Hester sets them up with a couple of scores, I may be proven wrong on this one.

TEN @ NO - TEN - The Titans played a really close one against one of the best teams in the league while the Saints have significantly dropped off from last season. It seems that the intensity and confidence that they had last season has evaporated.
    That ain't gonna happen against the rotten raiders defense.

Good picks overall though!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Okay, here goes:

I concur, except I think New Orleans will pick it up this week and win at home.

MIN @ KC KC. Arrowhead provides a massive advantage.

BUF @ NE NE. No-brainer.

SF @ PIT Pittsburgh has been playing very good football, and thewy are home.

IND @ HOU I am going with the Colts here. If thr Texans win this game without Andre Johnson, then I will be impressed.

SD @ GB Chargers. Period.

STL @ TB Rams have been struggling, but I think they will pull it together against the Bucs.

ARI @ BAL Ravens. While I don't think as highly about the Ravens as some do, I think more highly of them, than I do the Cards.

DET @ PHI I have been on the Lions band-waggon since last year, but I think McNabb will get his act together against the Lions lazy pass defense.

MIA @ NYJ Jets. I think that they are a much better team than Miami.

JAC @ DEN Donkos. You have to play a very good game to win in Denver.

CLE @ OAK Raiders. Just because they are at home and I don't like either team, right now.

CIN @ SEA Seahawks. I have no confidence in this game.

CAR @ ATL Carolina. Again, I have zero confidence.

NYG @ WAS Redskins. I like what the Redskins have been doing offensively and defensively. I think they could get a wild-card spot if the Eagles and Saints stay out of the way.

DAL @ CHI Cowboys. They are good on both sides of the ball, instead of just one.

TEN @ NO Saints. I think they will wake-up this week, being at home.

MIN @ KC--KC, both teams will look to establish the run...advantage LJ & Arrowhead
    BUF @ NE--NE...duh
    SF @ PIT--SF...Even without Lawson the 49ers will handle Parker, Ward & company...
    IND @ HOU--Hou...Indy has always had trouble with Hou, this year Hou is good enough to split, they'll win at home
    SD @ GB--GB...the Dolts are lost, Green Bay D has looked pretty solid
    STL @ TB--TB...big game for the Caddy
    ARI @ BAL--Ari...I hate saying this but the Cards are pretty good this year. Baltimore is pretty old and banged up.
    DET @ PHI--PHI...McNabb returns to form this week...250 yds and 3 TDs...
    MIA @ NYJ--MIA...Ronnie Brown busts out this week
    JAC @ DEN--DEN...sorry guys, but Jax on the road?! I can't buy that...have to take the Donks this week
    CLE @ OAK--OAK...the D is the difference
    CIN @ SEA--CIN...No MNF hangover this week, Cincy will get some turnovers and win this game.
    CAR @ ATL--CAR...this is probably more of a no brainer than Buf@NE
    NYG @ WAS--WAS...Portis may have 200 yards this week...then again Betts will take too many carries, make that 200 combined for them.
    DAL @ CHI--Chi...Romo has looked like the 2nd coming of Roger Staubach, but get real, he's not...this week reality sets in...3-4 INTs
    TEN @ NO--NO...Bush and company bust out this week

I figure that's safe for at least .500[/quote]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Okay, here goes:

I agree with your picks with the exception of four:

DET @ PHI - PHI - Philly is going to pull this one out at home, despite the controversy caused by McNabb's idiotic comments. I think the Eagles "D" was embarrassed Monday night and will reach back and find some pride.

CLE @ OAK - OAK - This is going to be a close game won by the Raiders. I think last week's Cleveland outburst was an aberration and the Raiders Defense is better than they looked against Detroit.

NYG @ WAS - NYG - The Giants are getting ripped apart by the press up here. I expect them to bounce back.

TEN @ NO - NO - The Saints aren't as bad as they've looked. Are they?

Hi!! I'm moeofe, I think Canada is the coolest guy EVER!!! I want to be like him when I grow up!! Dave sure is neat, u guys should get to know him better.

P.S. I think Hermhater has a crush on him. He has been giving him the sex eyes all night!!

Poor Canada....he is cute though!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast