Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Season Opener - The Pats

Default Season Opener - The Pats

I almost hate to see the season start. As much as I love the Chiefs, it's been years since we've been in this bad a shape. NE's been coasting through the preseason, but that ends next week and it won't be pretty for us. There used to be a saying in the NFL; "it's all about winning now". The decisions that have been made over the past 3 years will keep us as the door mat for the next 3. I swear Herm & Carl make it up as they go. Maybe it will take a pounding and lack of fans in seats for the ownership to step in. NE 41 - KC 10. It's gonna blow.

An An AMEN.. The Pat's should give us a mercy rule and not start Brady! Save him for gd teams.. To the haters give a rebuild a chance 1 yr wonders!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Default Hey, we're not weak fans

Only saying that so many (what appears to be) bad decisions have been made that it's hard to spend thousands of dollars on travel, tickets, hotels, rental cars, etc... to watch a team roll over. Not only to spend that money on home games, because I live on OH, but to travel to see Chief away games and have to sit in the stands and watch our team roll over is the worst. And face it, they have made awful decisions, before and after Herm came. example, old OL and they let Tait go. New example, how do you lose Allen? how??? F'n Stupid. Lose a pro-bowl FB and 3 years later a rookie is our best bet. Kick returner lost with no replacement, OL coach (Mike) gone, Offensive coordinator (Al) gone, and what do we have to show for it???? Give Herm a chance? He has a chance, the press kisses his A$$, so he has no worries. No, Bad decisions, and we deserve better! and so do the KC vets still there.

Dude I know you are a newer member here, but I have said it a million times. I understand that there are things about our team that piss people off. Decisions that have been made that some do not agree with, but when does anyone ever say anything positive about the team? When does someone say Way to go Herm, you got 2 first rounders. The only thing I have really heard about our first rounders is what they do wrong. I know and understand the cost of travelling to a game to see the Chiefs. I do it every year. Win or lose. You say how do you lose a guy like Jared Allen...Jared Allen had just as much to do with his departure as anyone on our management team, yet Jared has done no wrong and the Chiefs are the ones who made a bad decision. Solari and Suanders are gone and they have been replaced. How well is Saunders doing in Washington? I guess I don't come on the boards as much anymore because it is always so negative. I am not an idiot, I know we only won 4 games last year. I know that the outlook is not great, but I choose to focus on the fact that I think LJ will run the ball well along with Kolby and Charles. I also think TG and Bowe will help make Croyle look decent and our defense will keep us in some games. No we are not the offensive juggernaut they have in NE and no we do not have the #1 Defense in the league, but we are the Chiefs and as far as I am concerned the Chiefs Kick A$$ and anyone that wants to constantly bash them can kiss my a$$!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

What would you do? The past is in the past doc. I'm looking to the future. And so are the Chiefs. Thats why Allen is gone. Tate was all Carl. But its done. T-Rich, one of my favorite Chiefs, was gettin' up there. I am looking forward to watching this young team gel as the year goes on. I'm certain we will have some growing pains, but i will gladly spend my hard-earned money on my Chiefs - win or lose. They have nowhere to go but up, and up is where they're headed. Let's shock the world and knock off the Pats!!!!
    SHUT IT

I can appreciate all the fans out in the Chiefs kingdom, as I am one, but this year is going to be anything but pleasurable to watch this season. It will be the '07 season part deux. I am actually much more hyped for the Jayhawks this year than the Chiefs. It's a sad day in the "Chiefs Kingdom" (Mitch Holtaus)

So, you can't be a Chiefs fan, if you assume they'll do bad? Alright then, sorry if I'm not a true blue homer. Not saying I don't root for the Chiefs, I just like being a tad realistic.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    So, you can't be a Chiefs fan, if you assume they'll do bad? Alright then, sorry if I'm not a true blue homer. Not saying I don't root for the Chiefs, I just like being a tad realistic.
    Yeah, thats what I said. You see nothing positive about this team at all? DBowe? TG? LJ, Kolby Charles? Our Defense? Nothing at all? If you don't see a single positive then no, I don't think you are much of a fan. Or maybe you just choose to never mention them, but this board is littered with posts about how bad "our" team is. Be as realistic is you like, but you idea of realism is awfully close to just being negative all the time!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Yeah, thats what I said. You see nothing positive about this team at all? DBowe? TG? LJ, Kolby Charles? Our Defense? Nothing at all? If you don't see a single positive then no, I don't think you are much of a fan. Or maybe you just choose to never mention them, but this board is littered with posts about how bad "our" team is. Be as realistic is you like, but you idea of realism is awfully close to just being negative all the time!!
    Hmm, well LJ hasn't been very good in pre-season, TG has caught like 2 balls, Bowe has had maybe 3 thrown his way, and dropped one of them.

Kolby and Charles haven't been bad, and our defense has been ok. If anything has surprised me, it's been Savage, but I was hoping for a surprise from Croyle, but he looks the same as always!

It's not that I haven't seen positives, I just haven't seen as many as I would have hoped for with all the "going younger" talk I keep hearing about.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Hmm, well LJ hasn't been very good in pre-season, TG has caught like 2 balls, Bowe has had maybe 3 thrown his way, and dropped one of them.

Kolby and Charles haven't been bad, and our defense has been ok. If anything has surprised me, it's been Savage, but I was hoping for a surprise from Croyle, but he looks the same as always!

It's not that I haven't seen positives, I just haven't seen as many as I would have hoped for with all the "going younger" talk I keep hearing about.
    Like I said man, most people just point out the negative. I am not questioning their fandom. Cheer for the Chiefs or don't cheer for them. At the end of the day I don't really give a sh!t. But all the negativity on these boards sure makes Chiefs fans look like a bunch of d!cks.

Hey, Canada, let the negs keep neggin'. I'll roast the crow in january if you'll pass it out...
    SHUT IT

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast