Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: OK, Check this one out!!

Default OK, Check this one out!!

The Chiefs had a horrible record last year but they were privileged enough to own the third overall selection in the upcoming NFL draft.
    I will be putting on the general manager hat for the next half an hour and will point out who I would like the Chiefs to select in the first four rounds of the draft. I'm sorry if you do not agree with who I select, but it's only an article so get over it.
    So sit back relax and enjoy.

Round 1
    Scott Pioli would love to trade down and accumulate picks at this spot, but I don't think he will be able to. Nobody at this point wants to trade up to pay millions of dollars when they can stay where they are and get a solid athlete. So with all of that being said, the Chiefs will select Mark Sanchez, quarterback from USC.
    Yes, I know you guys think Tyler Thigpen is the next Tom Brady but I just don't see it. Mark Sanchez looks to be a solid fit for the Chiefs here, and I expect him to shine brightly. The knock on Sanchez has been "lack of experience", but going 28-of-35 for 413 yards and four touchdowns versus Penn State in the Rose Bowl pretty much shut down those concerns.

fansnap_syndslot_get_headliner();fansnap_syndslot_ get_category();var fansnap_syndslot_instance = new fansnap_syndslot();var fansnap_script_include = new Element('script');fansnap_script_include.src = fansnap_syndslot_instance.server + '/synd/js/search?' + fansnap_syndslot_instance.params();$('fansnap-instance').insert(fansnap_script_include);Round 2
    Alright, Pioli has addressed the quarterback issue, now he needs to move to the defensive side of the ball. The Chiefs need major help at the linebacker spot, so I think with the 34th overall pick, the Kansas City will select outside linebacker Brian Cushing, also from USC.
    No, I'm not a USC fan. Cushing is a great pick for the Chiefs and he would be a solid outside linebacker when the Chiefs switch to the 3-4 defense. Cushing is a great coverage linebacker and I can't wait to see him in a Chiefs uniform.
    Round 3
    The Chiefs have had a good draft so far, but there are still many positions that could be addressed with the 67th pick in the '09 draft. And the third round selection for Kansas City, the Chiefs select Jonathon Luigs, center from Arkansas.
    Luigs provides good size for the center of the Chiefs' line, weighing 314 pounds. He could eventually be the starting center this year. His competition will be Rudy Niswanger, so right now nobody knows.
    Round 4
    This pick is a little tougher, but after looking at the prospects, I believe the Chiefs will select Jaison Williams, the wide receiver from Oregon. Williams is a HUGE receiver. He is 6'5" and weighs 240 pounds.
    He had some injuries in the '08 season and that is why I think he will fall to the fourth round. Williams could be the number three receiver come week one.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    The Chiefs had a horrible record last year but they were privileged enough to own the third overall selection in the upcoming NFL draft.
    I will be putting on the general manager hat for the next half an hour and will point out who I would like the Chiefs to select in the first four rounds of the draft. I'm sorry if you do not agree with who I select, but it's only an article so get over it.
    So sit back relax and enjoy.

Round 1
    Scott Pioli would love to trade down and accumulate picks at this spot, but I don't think he will be able to. Nobody at this point wants to trade up to pay millions of dollars when they can stay where they are and get a solid athlete. So with all of that being said, the Chiefs will select Mark Sanchez, quarterback from USC.
    Yes, I know you guys think Tyler Thigpen is the next Tom Brady but I just don't see it. Mark Sanchez looks to be a solid fit for the Chiefs here, and I expect him to shine brightly. The knock on Sanchez has been "lack of experience", but going 28-of-35 for 413 yards and four touchdowns versus Penn State in the Rose Bowl pretty much shut down those concerns.

fansnap_syndslot_get_headliner();fansnap_syndslot_ get_category();var fansnap_syndslot_instance = new fansnap_syndslot();var fansnap_script_include = new Element('script');fansnap_script_include.src = fansnap_syndslot_instance.server + '/synd/js/search?' + fansnap_syndslot_instance.params();$('fansnap-instance').insert(fansnap_script_include);Round 2
    Alright, Pioli has addressed the quarterback issue, now he needs to move to the defensive side of the ball. The Chiefs need major help at the linebacker spot, so I think with the 34th overall pick, the Kansas City will select outside linebacker Brian Cushing, also from USC.
    No, I'm not a USC fan. Cushing is a great pick for the Chiefs and he would be a solid outside linebacker when the Chiefs switch to the 3-4 defense. Cushing is a great coverage linebacker and I can't wait to see him in a Chiefs uniform.
    Round 3
    The Chiefs have had a good draft so far, but there are still many positions that could be addressed with the 67th pick in the '09 draft. And the third round selection for Kansas City, the Chiefs select Jonathon Luigs, center from Arkansas.
    Luigs provides good size for the center of the Chiefs' line, weighing 314 pounds. He could eventually be the starting center this year. His competition will be Rudy Niswanger, so right now nobody knows.
    Round 4
    This pick is a little tougher, but after looking at the prospects, I believe the Chiefs will select Jaison Williams, the wide receiver from Oregon. Williams is a HUGE receiver. He is 6'5" and weighs 240 pounds.
    He had some injuries in the '08 season and that is why I think he will fall to the fourth round. Williams could be the number three receiver come week one.

I think I speak for several on here when I say that Pioli isn't going to take a QB at #3...he never has taken a QB early.

That being said I enjoy reading people's mock drafts so keep them coming :)
    "matriculate the ball up the field, boys,"

Sure, Pioli has never taken a quarterback early, but, in New England, he had Tom Brady. They never needed to draft a QB. I think it comes down to whether we get a new HC. Herm did not groom Croyle very well, and Herm has a lot of confidence in Thigpen.

Quote Originally Posted by I H8 Every Team But KC View Post
    I think I speak for several on here when I say that Pioli isn't going to take a QB at #3...he never has taken a QB early.

That being said I enjoy reading people's mock drafts so keep them coming :)
    Agreed! Keep em' comming. :)

If we can not trade down and Pioli MUST get his QB with our 3rd overall..... This would be a GREAT way for the Draft to go GOOD JOB.

ALSO: It's been said MANY MANY times around here that Pioli will not and has never drafted a QB in early rounds, BUT Pioli has an eye for talent and if he feels Stafford OR Sanchez are gonna be the next Manning then please by all means take them. The main reason Pioli never took a QB in the Early rounds is because of this.

When they drafted Brady they had a Pro Bowler in Bledso
    When they drafted Cassel they had a Pro Bowler in Brady.

As you can see we honestly have no clue what Pioli will do about the QB spot since Pioli HIMSELF has never had to worry about drafting a QB based on NEED. So I think its honestly a better chance then a lot of people think they he takes a QB in round 1 or 2.

Myself I hope he does not!!!!!! I will tell you I really do not think Thigpen is our QOTF and honestly Thiggy is not that great of a QB when you watch him in person. That being said I feel that we can use Pioli's talent for QB's and snag one in the later rounds and hav ehim be at least equal if not better then Thiggy. THEN if Thiggy or our drafted QB do not pan out we can use our first round pick in next years draft (WAAAAAY better QB draft class) to solve our problem.

WHO KNOWS maybe Pioli and Croyle will hit it off and he sticks with him hehehe. If Pioli stays with Herm I say he also needs to stay with either Thigpen OR Croyle and worry about a QB when Cowher comes to town next year.

HMMMM Jaison Williams is known for his bad hands and actually got benched this season. He is projected to go in round 7, because he is slow and doesn't have the best hands in the world. Maybe he will get drafted as a TE.

My mock would go like this (If we get NO FA's)

1) Rey Maualuga MLB (I think he is better then Curry and besides I think Rey and Curry are the only DE/LB's that are NFL ready)

2) Alex Mack C OR Duke Robinson G (I honestly think one of these guys will be here)

3) Larry English DE (Should be the steal of the draft. Not sure he drops to this spots, but I'm guessing he will be a little slower then some of the other DE's and will drop a couple of spots.)

4) I think we either take our QB here or the best OLine guy still on the board.

Maualuga is a solid pick for our first I think, but until free agency starts hitting, and the combine, you can never tell what will happen~

I've still got the Baltimore/Pitt game going through my head here, anyway... how about Taylor Mays *USC*? I know the safety spots aren't our most pressing concerns, but it would be great to have a Polomalu/Reed caliber guy back there for the next 5-?x? years.

wow and pass on crabtree?? that would be kinda stupid.

Wanna hear something funny????

If you can think back to 2003 when Troy Polamalu was drafted.

The Chiefs had the 16th overall pick in 2003 and the Steelers had the 27th overall pick.

The Chiefs traded down and took LJ and Steelers took Polamalu at 16 hehehehe.

SOOOOOOOOOOO

Troy Polamalu
    FOR
    Larry Johnson
    Julian Battle (in CFL now hehe)

So pretty much Polamalu for LJ HEHEHEHe

Funny ****

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    Wanna hear something funny????

If you can think back to 2003 when Troy Polamalu was drafted.

The Chiefs had the 16th overall pick in 2003 and the Steelers had the 27th overall pick.

The Chiefs traded down and took LJ and Steelers took Polamalu at 16 hehehehe.

SOOOOOOOOOOO

Troy Polamalu
    FOR
    Larry Johnson
    Julian Battle (in CFL now hehe)

So pretty much Polamalu for LJ HEHEHEHe

Funny ****
    That's not funny... that's sick.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast