Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoking bans

Been missin' ya 'round these parts guy!

Did you have a good Christmas and New Years?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    So, if you don't like the way a restaraunt handles their smoking areas, you are o.k. with the government taking away their rights?

That is where we will disagree. (For starters)

As for the second-hand-smoke subject, there isn't one. You, nor your kids, will get lung cancer from walking through the smoking section of a restaraunt. It is nothing more than a very minor inconvenience.

The very few cases of second-hand-smoke related cancer patients have been people who worked and lived in a smoke-heavy atmosphere. Anything else is drummed-up lies and exaggeration.

As for the smokers that you have known who had complications, they made their own decisions, as I have made mine.
    I won't say that there are drummed up exaggerations about cancer adn smoking related diseases. However I completely agree that I don't want to smeall and taste smoke in a restaurant while eating (I am an ex smoker and I felt this way as a smoker and never smoked in a restaurant) The bars and restaurants should not be forced to institute non smoking laws. They should have the choice of catering to smokers vs non smokers. Let it be known that it is a smoking bar and feel free to come in if you want. As far as big brother comments go...the government is the the one who has to physically take care of smokers at the end of their lives when the develop emphysema, bronchi***** COPD and cancer. Why should they not take steps to get the greatest cause of preventable death in the world?? U say let smokers run free and smoke wherever and whenever they want, then why should they get the same treatment as someone who dosen't smoke, has taken care of themselves their whole life and then unfortunately gotten cancer. It is my right to not smoke, that does not infringe on others rights to smoke. Just not in public places. Sorry you guys all have to breathe a little fresh air once in a while!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    ...As far as big brother comments go...the government is the the one who has to physically take care of smokers at the end of their lives when the develop emphysema, bronchi***** COPD and cancer...
    Canada remember we don't have a government run socialized medicine program out here. Those on medicaid, etc. get paid for by the government, but most medical is private pay (whether by insurance or personal payment)

I am not making a political statement, one way or the other, just putting your comment into perspective from a US point of view.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Canada remember we don't have a government run socialized medicine program out here. Those on medicaid, etc. get paid for by the government, but most medical is private pay (whether by insurance or personal payment)

I am not making a political statement, one way or the other, just putting your comment into perspective from a US point of view.
    So the government does not contribute financially to healthcare at all?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

So the government does not contribute financially to healthcare at all?
    That is one of the big issues during this election that is coming up.

The government doesn't pay for nearly enough health care in the US.

Some people think this contributes to the wonderful health care that America has currently, while others believe it is what makes the health care so poor in America.

The religious right likes to spout off about how they are so morally superior to everyone else, but then decide what parts of Gods words they want to behave.

They have less of an interest in the poor, than the Bible tells them to.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Smoking is bad.

So is the air you breath, the food you eat, and the liquids you drink.

Cancer is a gamble for everyone, and smoking just raises the odds a bit.

My GF quit for New Years, and I plan on stopping too.

If it is not illegal to buy cigs, then it shouldn't be illegal to smoke them.
    Smoking is the #1 cause of preventable death in the world right now. Just because someone says it is legal or illeaglal to sell them means you should buy them just because you can?? the difference between the food, the air and the liquid is that we NEED those things to stay alive....who has to smoke to stay alive??

Cancer or heart problems kill just about everyone in my family, so it's gonna happen whether I smoke or not it seems.
    so by smoking you have decided to make those things happen earlier and in an exponentially more painful way. I don't want to sound preachy man, but don't give me bullsh!t reasons why you smoke. It is a drug addiction that people were trapped into thinking they need it. Anyone who tells me different is WRONG.

Smoking is the #1 cause of preventable death in the world right now. Just because someone says it is legal or illeaglal to sell them means you should buy them just because you can?? the difference between the food, the air and the liquid is that we NEED those things to stay alive....who has to smoke to stay alive??

so by smoking you have decided to make those things happen earlier and in an exponentially more painful way. I don't want to sound preachy man, but don't give me bullsh!t reasons why you smoke. It is a drug addiction that people were trapped into thinking they need it. Anyone who tells me different is WRONG.
    Agreed!

Don't smoke, it is bad for you!

It is a drug addiction that people were trapped into thinking they need it. Anyone who tells me different is WRONG.
    Different.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    Different.
    Different but true. It is the nicotine that is addictive, not the cigarette.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Perfectly fine. Thanks for asking.

as far as smoking goes, bars should not have to ban that. this is the governement hard at work though. Much to HH's chagrin, the dems are creating this problem.

The not smoking in bars is ridiculous, I agree!

I just want to point out once again that I am not a Dem, nor do I agree with most of what comes out of their weak *** mouths!

I just feel that at this time in our countries history there is absolutely no Republican that will help America.

By the way Mitt decided he didn't have the cojones to fight it out!

The not smoking in bars is ridiculous, I agree!

I just want to point out once again that I am not a Dem, nor do I agree with most of what comes out of their weak *** mouths!

I just feel that at this time in our countries history there is absolutely no Republican that will help America.

By the way Mitt decided he didn't have the cojones to fight it out!

He flip-flopped as bad as Kerry did.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast