Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At least he's not done for the year

Default At least he's not done for the year

Last night, we saw a team who got royally screwed by their first round choice. The Chicago Bears took OT Chris Williams one pick ahead of the Chiefs who took OT Branden Albert. While Chiefs fans moan and groan about Albert's rolled ankle and Dorsey's sprained knee, we need to take a step back and be thankful our front office made the proper back ground checks one Williams' injury history.

The Bears took Williams at #14 when some teams had taken Williams OFF THEIR DRAFT BOARD ALL TOGETHER because of past back injuries. The Bears claim Williams' injury (slipped disk) is not related to his past back issues, but that because of his back surgery this week, he will probably miss the ENTIRE 2008 SEASON.

I for one was very disappointed when i was Williams' name come off the board one pick ahead of us because i thought he would be the best OT to come out this year. But knowing what i know now about his past back issues, I'm happy with the Chiefs' pick of Branden Albert and I'm glad they didn't feel the need to jump ahead of Chicago to grab Williams. I have a feeling if the upper management had drafted Williams with his back issues being so public and then he had to miss this entire season for the Chiefs, I think that by itself would be enough to fire Carl and Herm.

I don't care how good a player may be, if he has BACK issues as a big lineman, I don't think you can take that risk. That being said, I'm still nervous about Dorsey's knee but after the Williams thing just happened, I have a little more confidence in the Chiefs' ability to identify health risks. I think Williams was probably rated higher as a LT than Albert, but Albert will probably end up being the better pick. Chiefs fans have seen how successful an OT can be with back problems, these past two years of Kyle Turley have taught us all a lesson in back issues for linemen.

The Chiefs had the pieces to jump Chicago for Williams but decided to sit at 15 and take Albert. I think this will be a great move by the organization.

After witnessing what it is like to invest in a back problem (Kyle turley). Im sure the chiefs are done with that all together. Good job to the front office for staying clear of this guy!

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Last night, we saw a team who got royally screwed by their first round choice. The Chicago Bears took OT Chris Williams one pick ahead of the Chiefs who took OT Branden Albert. While Chiefs fans moan and groan about Albert's rolled ankle and Dorsey's sprained knee, we need to take a step back and be thankful our front office made the proper back ground checks one Williams' injury history.

The Bears took Williams at #14 when some teams had taken Williams OFF THEIR DRAFT BOARD ALL TOGETHER because of past back injuries. The Bears claim Williams' injury (slipped disk) is not related to his past back issues, but that because of his back surgery this week, he will probably miss the ENTIRE 2008 SEASON.

I for one was very disappointed when i was Williams' name come off the board one pick ahead of us because i thought he would be the best OT to come out this year. But knowing what i know now about his past back issues, I'm happy with the Chiefs' pick of Branden Albert and I'm glad they didn't feel the need to jump ahead of Chicago to grab Williams. I have a feeling if the upper management had drafted Williams with his back issues being so public and then he had to miss this entire season for the Chiefs, I think that by itself would be enough to fire Carl and Herm.

I don't care how good a player may be, if he has BACK issues as a big lineman, I don't think you can take that risk. That being said, I'm still nervous about Dorsey's knee but after the Williams thing just happened, I have a little more confidence in the Chiefs' ability to identify health risks. I think Williams was probably rated higher as a LT than Albert, but Albert will probably end up being the better pick. Chiefs fans have seen how successful an OT can be with back problems, these past two years of Kyle Turley have taught us all a lesson in back issues for linemen.

The Chiefs had the pieces to jump Chicago for Williams but decided to sit at 15 and take Albert. I think this will be a great move by the organization.
    first, just to be clear, the knee injury suffered by Dorsey in camp is not to the same knee he injured while at LSU.

Second, the Chiefs didn't "sit at 15" and wait to take Albert.
    They moved up to spots from 17 to take Albert.

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    first, just to be clear, the knee injury suffered by Dorsey in camp is not to the same knee he injured while at LSU.

Second, the Chiefs didn't "sit at 15" and wait to take Albert.
    They moved up to spots from 17 to take Albert.
    You don't think they could've moved up more spots if they felt they needed to?

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    You don't think they could've moved up more spots if they felt they needed to?
    I think they could have, but I think the guys they were looking at were Ryan Clady and Branden Albert.

I don't think the Chiefs ever had any interest in in Chris Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by lailaigogo View Post
    Edited by Chiefster.
    Quick poll, anyone care?
    Last edited by Chiefster; 08-16-2008 at 02:26 PM.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Quick poll, anyone care?
    Nope. WoW is garbage.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Quick poll, anyone care?
    Better question.

Does anyone know what the hell he said?

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    Better question.

Does anyone know what the hell he said?
    I don't care; he's gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I don't care; he's gone!
    This is good news.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast