Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orlando Pace...

Default Orlando Pace...

I would love to see us sign this guy. I know he's not a starter anymore, but the mentoring he could offer albert (and even a newly drafted tackle, if it happens) would be invaluable! Plus he would add a little depth at the position. Also, he was released so signing him would cost us nothing but a reasonable salary. He's a quality character guy too. Your thoughts??
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

I'm afraid Orlando's playing days are over my friend.

Orlando Pace is most likely going to retire. He's not a starting caliber player anymore and he doesn't want to play backup. He especially wouldn't want to play backup to a 4 win team. The chances of him signing with us is 0%. The chances of him signing with anyone is less than 1%. Even if we could sign him, why would we want? His playing days are over and he's not worth the money he'd be asking for. He's a HOF player, but he's very very far from his prime.

I understand that, and even mentioned he's not a starter anymore in my opening thread. But he was not only a powerhouse lineman, he had incredible technique and my line of reasoning was as a situational backup and mentor to our young lineman. Plus, as mentioned before, he's a great guy off the field and if we could sign him to a 1 year REASONABLE offer, I don't see why we wouldn't. I wouldn't expect him to start AT ALL and wouldn't even expect more than 5 snaps a game. But his knowledge and experience would be clutch to our young (minus waters) line. besides, what do we have, 3 lineman under contract?!
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

He's not the right 53. Please, spend money on something useful. We have an oline coach for teaching Albert, we don't need this has been.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    I understand that, and even mentioned he's not a starter anymore in my opening thread. But he was not only a powerhouse lineman, he had incredible technique and my line of reasoning was as a situational backup and mentor to our young lineman. Plus, as mentioned before, he's a great guy off the field and if we could sign him to a 1 year REASONABLE offer, I don't see why we wouldn't. I wouldn't expect him to start AT ALL and wouldn't even expect more than 5 snaps a game. But his knowledge and experience would be clutch to our young (minus waters) line. besides, what do we have, 3 lineman under contract?!
    If "if's" and "buts" were candy and nuts what a merry Christmas it would be. The fact of the matter is Mr. DC_Chiefsfanwhat you have just said, is the most insanely idiotic thing I have ever heard. At no point, in your rambling incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

The chances of Orlando Pace signing with the Chiefs are non-existent. There is 0% chance he'll sign with us. There's also 0% chance we're even interested in signing him. Further more why would we want to pay a decent sum of money to a player that doesn't want to play backup, is considering retirement, and wouldn't even be that good of a backup if he did sign?

Well you are an easily angered little guy aren't you?! I do appreciate your honest, direct and high class remarks, however, as from time to time I need to be reminded of my dumbing ideas and rambling. I mean, hiring a once dominant aging veteran with high moral fiber to play backup and help mentor young talent is hardly an idea that any nfl team would ever consider.

Further more, I like your style and I look forward to receiving more replies from you! Have a nice day!
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    Well you are an easily angered little guy aren't you?! I do appreciate your honest, direct and high class remarks, however, as from time to time I need to be reminded of my dumbing ideas and rambling. I mean, hiring a once dominant aging veteran with high moral fiber to play backup and help mentor young talent is hardly an idea that any nfl team would ever consider.

Further more, I like your style and I look forward to receiving more replies from you! Have a nice day!
    Dude the line from my post was from the movie "Billy Madison". I was half what joking. The message still remains the same though, Orlando Pace is never going to be a Chief (he's not interested and we as an organization aren't interested). Plus he's not worth signing whatsoever. He's not worth the money to play backup (especially when he doesn't even want to play backup in the first place.)

There are some OL that we could target that would be much better options than Orlando Pace: Rex Hadnot, Levi Jones, Wade Smith, Langston Walker, and Billy Yates. These are all OL that could help out our team and would be decent signings for us. Orlando Pace is not one of those players. He's a HOF player, but his glory years are over.

...is a fat cripple

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast