Thread: KC Star : Cassel ready to compete for starting job with Chiefs

Default KC Star : Cassel ready to compete for starting job with Chiefs

Quarterback Matt Cassel waited a long time — five years in college at Southern California and four more with New England — to find a football team to call his own.

More...

May the competition begin!
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Good...Although my mind is changing for some reason. It seems like Cassel should get the start but I dont know why I am thinking this now :(

Maybe I just accepted what will happen.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Does Matt Cassel remind anyone else of Elvis Grbac?

All we have seen is a season of a guy who did pretty good with a Super Bowl team. Elvis did that.

Now, I expect that he is going to be declared the starter, with little real evaluation to it.

Hopefully, Pioli knows what the hell he is doing. As CP obviously didn't.

Just alot of similarities between the two situations.

Just some nobody, who got a shot at running the leagues most successful offense, did well, and heading to KC for a high paying starting job.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

All we have seen is a season of a guy who did pretty good with a Super Bowl team. Elvis did that.

Now, I expect that he is going to be declared the starter, with little real evaluation to it.

Just some nobody, who got a shot at running the leagues most successful offense, did well, and heading to KC for a high paying starting job.
    Dude, you read my mind.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    Dude, you read my mind.
    He's ours now. So I sure as hell hope that his career doesn't go the same direction. But it sure feels like deja-vu in alot of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

We have Matt Cassel at 1yr/lotta $$$$, and the rights to the year after. It's a score if for no other reason than depth at QB and showcasing the Chiefs are attempting a quick turn-around.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    We have Matt Cassel at 1yr/lotta $$$$, and the rights to the year after. It's a score if for no other reason than depth at QB and showcasing the Chiefs are attempting a quick turn-around.
    I'm sure Pioli didnt make that trade for a 1 season or possibly 2 quick fix. With as little as is said out of 1 Arrowhead DR about this i'm sure he knows there will be a long term contract that can be made.

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    I'm sure Pioli didnt make that trade for a 1 season or possibly 2 quick fix. With as little as is said out of 1 Arrowhead DR about this i'm sure he knows there will be a long term contract that can be made.
    I agree, that's just how the deal stands now.

He's been successful at evaluating talent and brought some with him in a great trade. Both players are likely going to bring success back to the Chiefs.