Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoking bans

Been missin' ya 'round these parts guy!

Did you have a good Christmas and New Years?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I still like Mitt. He dropped out because Huckabee and McCain teamed up against him in order for McCain to win and Huck to be a possible running mate. Thu, Mitt saw that catching McCain in the delegate race was becoming highly unlikely. I still wish he'd have stuck in there until the fat lady was actually singing, even though she was clearly spritzing her mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    I still like Mitt. He dropped out because Huckabee and McCain teamed up against him in order for McCain to win and Huck to be a possible running mate. Thu, Mitt saw that catching McCain in the delegate race was becoming highly unlikely. I still wish he'd have stuck in there until the fat lady was actually singing, even though she was clearly spritzing her mouth.
    Hmmmm...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXprBVS02vE"]YouTube - Daily Show - Mitt Romney Quits recap[/ame]

The terrorists have won then?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I am all for no smoking i restaurants, but not bars. I don't want to smell peoples cigarettes when I am eating (I felt the same way when I was a smoker) however, I expect to smell cigarettes and beer when I go into a bar. If you don't like it then get out. Go outside and breathe fresh air!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I am all for no smoking i restaurants, but not bars. I don't want to smell peoples cigarettes when I am eating (I felt the same way when I was a smoker) however, I expect to smell cigarettes and beer when I go into a bar. If you don't like it then get out. Go outside and breathe fresh air!!
    So, if I should choose to open a special "Smokers Restaraunt", you think that that should be illegal?

And seems like more and more workplaces are prohibiting smoking entirely. At my company, people can't smoke anywhere on the property now. I don't smoke and never have, but that seems a little over the top that employees who do smoke can't go to the designated smoking area outside anymore (where non-smokers never had to breathe in the second hand smoke).

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    And seems like more and more workplaces are prohibiting smoking entirely. At my company, people can't smoke anywhere on the property now. I don't smoke and never have, but that seems a little over the top that employees who do smoke can't go to the designated smoking area outside anymore (where non-smokers never had to breathe in the second hand smoke).
    I work in a factory where now that there is no second-hand smoke, we gwt to breathe-in fresh airmixed with deisel fuel, motor oil, and tiny shards of iron. Mmmmm. So much more healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    So, if I should choose to open a special "Smokers Restaraunt", you think that that should be illegal?
    How does that relate to what Canada said?

I don't get it.

Smoking is the #1 cause of preventable death in the world right now. Just because someone says it is legal or illeaglal to sell them means you should buy them just because you can?? the difference between the food, the air and the liquid is that we NEED those things to stay alive....who has to smoke to stay alive??

so by smoking you have decided to make those things happen earlier and in an exponentially more painful way. I don't want to sound preachy man, but don't give me bullsh!t reasons why you smoke. It is a drug addiction that people were trapped into thinking they need it. Anyone who tells me different is WRONG.
    I don't need to give you, nor anyone else a reason that I smoke. That is none of your business. You do drink, right? Is alcohol some kind of a requirement to life? ( Seriously?)

It is great that you decided to quit smoking. I have decided not to. But the fact is that America is based on individual freedoms. And that all of these restrictions are infringing upon them.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    How does that relate to what Canada said?

I don't get it.
    Canada said he was cool with a smoking ban in restaraunts. That would mean that noone is allowed to open a special "Smokers Restaraunt", because there is a smoking ban in restaraunts.
    Last edited by chief31; 02-09-2008 at 02:43 PM.

I don't need to give you, nor anyone else a reason that I smoke. That is none of your business. You do drink, right? Is alcohol some kind of a requirement to life? ( Seriously?)

It is great that you decided to quit smoking. I have decided not to. But the fact is that America is based on individual freedoms. And that all of these restrictions are infringing upon them.

Canada said he was cool with a smoking ban in restaraunts. That would mean that noone is allowed to open a special "Smokers Restaraunt", because there is a smoking ban in restaraunts.
    Oh.

No I do nor "require" alcohol to live and Yes I drink alcohol, but I don't pour it down other peoples throats when i do. When you smoke in a restaurant you infringe upon the rights on every non smoker in the place. Or does the individual freedom to breathe fresh air not figure into the equation. I am not going to get into the great smoking debate. I agree that it is your right to smoke however it is also my right to not smoke and if the choice is smoking in restaurants or not smoking in restaurants then I say no smoking. Not because I am a non smoker but because people should be able to eat in a smoke free environment. As far as a Smokers Restaurant.....go ahead.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast