Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Quinn Gray

Default Quinn Gray

I actually like this guy. I remember him playing for a less than mediocre Jacksonville team in 2006 after Leftwich went down. I think the Jags were down by two or three touchdowns in the 4th quarter and it took a great defensive stand by the Chiefs to win that game and ultimately make the playoffs because of the win.

Last spring, I suggested the Chiefs sign this guy to replace Huard as the primary backup because of the system the Chiefs were putting in place for a scrambling QB. This is DEFINITELY a step forward at the QB spot. Neither Huard nor Thigpen are the answers for the rest of the season. At least the front office acknowledges this.

I'm excited to see him in a couple weeks.

Quinn Gray
    (6-3, 254) played in 11 games with four starts in three seasons with Jacksonville (2003-07). He completed 101 of 180 passes for 1,252 yards with 12 TDs and five INTs for an 88.5 rating in addition to rushing 24 times for 84 yards (3.5 avg.) with two TDs. In his lone appearance at Kansas City (12/31/06), Gray connected on 13 of 22 throws for 166 yards and rushed two times for 26 yards with a pair of touchdowns in a relief role for the Jaguars. The Ft. Lauderdale, Florida native originally entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with Jacksonville in 2002. Gray attended training camp with Indianapolis in 2008, but was released prior to the regular season.

The Florida A&M product played in 39 games for the Rattlers, finishing his collegiate career with 7,368 passing yards and 57 TDs. Gray earned all-district and all-region as a senior at Dillard High School in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey144 View Post
    It is good that we are getting in a QB with a bit more exp than Thigpen. However he isn't going to be ready to play anytime soon as starter so we are gonna get a real good look at Thigpen. Also this still changes nothing as far as our QB goes we still have to go out next year and get a starting QB either through free agency or the draft. It is time this team finally learns the concept of signing a "Franchise" QB and not some perrenial journeyman.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Frankly, if Herm is still at the helm, I would rather struggle through the quarterback spot and draft a different player. Certainly I would not be drafting a quarterback in the first round. I have not heard or seen anything out of this current crop of QBs that would make me think any of them are NFL 1st round material. I might change my mind at the end of the year.

At best, a a second rounder, or even a third rounder could be good enough. I just don't think our current coaching staff has the ability to bring in a young quarterback and get them to a point they can succeed.
    If Stafford flies off the board, I'm with you. But if we're holding all the cards again in New York and he's available; we JUMP.

Who is this Ingle Martin fella? Why did we pick up a QB who has never done anything in this league except for rush for -5 yards? http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/...z_BVYogW_.uLYF

There are available QB's sittin on their couches now who have at least thrown for positive yards. I am all for Gray....but Ingle Martin?

Quote Originally Posted by jerhart View Post
    Who is this Ingle Martin fella? Why did we pick up a QB who has never done anything in this league except for rush for -5 yards? http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/...z_BVYogW_.uLYF

There are available QB's sittin on their couches now who have at least thrown for positive yards. I am all for Gray....but Ingle Martin?
    Don't worry about him, he's just an emergency insurance option.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    An "emergency insurance option" on the same brilliant level as privatizing social security...:rolleyes:

haha...fair enough...I was just thinkin this kid had to have one helluva work-out when he came in because his stats arent anything to boast about...

I find the fact that Grey is 254 lbs. attractive. Hopefully hell be able to bounce off half the blitzers and rushers the line gives up and turn them into positives.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    I find the fact that Grey is 254 lbs. attractive. Hopefully hell be able to bounce off half the blitzers and rushers the line gives up and turn them into positives.
    He's a big guy with speed, which is the only type of QB that could work with this O-line. His arm isn't great, but at least he doesn't look like an idiot like Thigpen. I'm amazed I'm saying this, but I'm excited to see him play.

Best case scenario is he performs decently from the Bucs game and on, without getting injured. We draft a QB and have him be a clipboard holder for all of next season, while Gray does his thing next season, if he works out, of course. After that, all we'll need to do is fire CP and Herm!
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

He's a big guy with speed, which is the only type of QB that could work with this O-line. His arm isn't great, but at least he doesn't look like an idiot like Thigpen. I'm amazed I'm saying this, but I'm excited to see him play.

Best case scenario is he performs decently from the Bucs game and on, without getting injured. We draft a QB and have him be a clipboard holder for all of next season, while Gray does his thing next season, if he works out, of course. After that, all we'll need to do is fire CP and Herm!
    That's exactly the feeling I get. You look at this guys film, and he looks so much more decisive and in control than any of our other "QB's". Huard was close, but he still exhibited that kind of "tentative/touchy-feely" execution that kills confidence and loses games.

As much as I hate the ol' Colorado Bob-Tailed Nag, I gotta' give Horse Face props for ALWAYS keeping his eyes down field and On The Job; you have to do that.

And your right about Gray if he works; retain him and have him holding the clipboard at game time, and let him work out and do some mentoring with Stafford.
    Last edited by Darth CarlSatan; 10-22-2008 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Frankly, if Herm is still at the helm, I would rather struggle through the quarterback spot and draft a different player. Certainly I would not be drafting a quarterback in the first round. I have not heard or seen anything out of this current crop of QBs that would make me think any of them are NFL 1st round material. I might change my mind at the end of the year.

At best, a a second rounder, or even a third rounder could be good enough. I just don't think our current coaching staff has the ability to bring in a young quarterback and get them to a point they can succeed.
    If we had Huard somewhat healthy I would agree with you . The fact that we were down to two QB's and one of which is not NFL ready ( Herms words ) demands we at least get another QB. And for the Money we spent ( which I'm pretty sure was a bargain ) . It was well worth getting Gray ! Culpepper had too many demands and is outa shape right now,also had a pretty serious Knee injury. The other Guy I know nothing about , so I wont comment. Gray is a great pickup for us ! Better than another Ingler Martin .

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast