Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Croyle out two weeks

Default Croyle out two weeks

Per PFT:
    Mike Florio
    There was a quarterback injury during Sunday’s Chiefs-Pats game.

Oh, wait. You already know about that one.

But there was another one. Chiefs starter Brodie Croyle left with a shoulder injury. Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that he’ll miss two weeks.

Damon Huard replaced Croyle. It remains to be seen whether Huard or Tyler Thigpen will start the next two games.

Some teams will utilize a veteran backup as the game-day understudy, but use the younger quarterback if there’s a full week to prepare for the next game.

What would you give up to bring back Brady Quinn?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Herm said Thigpen presses to much and turns the ball over too much for his liking. Almost exact quote. He said Huard is the starter. When a reporter asked him if this team was better with Damon, He said "I dont know"
    Story of Herm's life.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

At least Thigpen would be able to buy time to make a play. With Huard, the play has to be executed almost perfectly for it to be successful. Thigpen couldn't possibly turn the ball over as much as Huard. Huard throws picks with the best of them... but it's not always about throwing picks... getting sacked at least once per 3 downs isn't exactly productive.

I'm sick of watching him stand back there waiting to get sacked. He doesn't even throw the damn ball out of bounds. I'm pretty pissed he's even still on this team. Anyone know if Printers is still available? I'm sure he could handle this simple offense.

We could always enter the Chris Simms sweepstakes.

I don't think our leadership is going to make any changes.

I wouldn't be opposed to Simms... or even Culpepper at this point.

Huard shud start...he can pass da ball more accurate and faster den thigpen..give huard a chance and letz c wut happenz

we've seen what Huard is. a statue.

Quote Originally Posted by arrowheadGoon305 View Post
    Huard shud start...he can pass da ball more accurate and faster den thigpen..give huard a chance and letz c wut happenz
    We aren't texting here. This is an internet forum.

...and I don't necessarily disagree with you.

Here you go...

Free-agent quarterback Chris Simms is scheduled to arrive in New England Monday morning for a workout and a physical, NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports. If all goes well, Simms could be a Patriot by the end of the day. Kansas City and Tennessee, each of whom had quarterbacks suffer significant injuries on Sunday, also have contacted Simms.

Source: NFL.com

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    Here you go...

Free-agent quarterback Chris Simms is scheduled to arrive in New England Monday morning for a workout and a physical, NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports. If all goes well, Simms could be a Patriot by the end of the day. Kansas City and Tennessee, each of whom had quarterbacks suffer significant injuries on Sunday, also have contacted Simms.

Source: NFL.com
    I just heard that Trent Dilfer said the Pats committed to Cassel for the rest of the season. If Simms was to go to New England, it would be with the understanding that he would be the backup. Whereas if he came to Kansas City, he could potentially win the starting spot. He'd be a backup in Tennessee too. He's not going to beat out VY.

The Chiefs aren't sold on Croyle yet and Simms could potentially beat him out.
    Last edited by texaschief; 09-08-2008 at 12:33 AM.

Well, maybe I'm wrong. Apparently, Vince Young has a partially torn MCL. That should only keep him out a couple weeks..... BUT!!!!

According to reports, Young tried to take himself out of the game before his knee was ever an issue. He tried to blame it on a sore hamstring. If y'all remember, Young thought about retiring after his rookie year. The Tennessee fans were booing Young loudly before he got hurt.

I wonder what the Titans would take in a trade for him. I think he'd be a monster in the Chiefs' system.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast