Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3 quick reasons Bowe is a good WR

Default 3 quick reasons Bowe is a good WR

1) Even though the Chiefs are a powerhouse running team and like to throw the ball as little as possible Dwayne Bowe has the 4th most TD's out of any WR's or TE's in the NFL

2) Dwayne Bowe flat out secures the ball better then about any number one WR. He only has one fumble in his whole 4 year career, Andre Johnson has 3 in the last 4 years, Fitzgerald has 4 in 4 years, and Randy moss has 3 in 4 years, I could go on and on but I just wanted to throw pro-bowl names out for comparison. Holding onto the ball is very important. I would rather have a WR drop a ball then to catch it and then fumble it.

3) Yards after carry, Dwayne Bowe is hard to take down . Fitzgerald averages 3.5 yac, Andre Johnson is a stud 4.9 yac, Randy Moss 3.9, Dwayne Bowe 4.6. Out of this group of future HOF's Bowe comes in second not too shabby.

Dwayne Bowe clearly has a lot of talent, he needs to catch more balls I think everyone can agree, but to say the man is horrible or needs to be cut as some of you have said is just ignorant. Bowe might not be a number one guy but he is a very good number two guy and I think we should keep him, he is a red zone threat and while he doesn't make all the catches, but he does great things when the ball gets into his hands. Ease off the guy he doesn't seem like a bad person, and he really seems to be trying.

I'm over him and his show. Catch the critical game ending passes then we'll talk. Perhaps a #2 receiver on a good team but not a #1 on a great team.

He is one of the better receivers in this league. He's not going to garner "top" WR respect until he quits dropping balls.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    1) Even though the Chiefs are a powerhouse running team and like to throw the ball as little as possible Dwayne Bowe has the 4th most TD's out of any WR's or TE's in the NFL

2) Dwayne Bowe flat out secures the ball better then about any number one WR. He only has one fumble in his whole 4 year career, Andre Johnson has 3 in the last 4 years, Fitzgerald has 4 in 4 years, and Randy moss has 3 in 4 years, I could go on and on but I just wanted to throw pro-bowl names out for comparison. Holding onto the ball is very important. I would rather have a WR drop a ball then to catch it and then fumble it.

3) Yards after carry, Dwayne Bowe is hard to take down . Fitzgerald averages 3.5 yac, Andre Johnson is a stud 4.9 yac, Randy Moss 3.9, Dwayne Bowe 4.6. Out of this group of future HOF's Bowe comes in second not too shabby.

Dwayne Bowe clearly has a lot of talent, he needs to catch more balls I think everyone can agree, but to say the man is horrible or needs to be cut as some of you have said is just ignorant. Bowe might not be a number one guy but he is a very good number two guy and I think we should keep him, he is a red zone threat and while he doesn't make all the catches, but he does great things when the ball gets into his hands. Ease off the guy he doesn't seem like a bad person, and he really seems to be trying.

YEEHAW!!!! This made me smile GREAT BIG!! I knew his TD's and lack of fumbles were decent, also 26 receptions this season, but didn't have the comparison to other WR stats or knowledge. Thank you for sharing this!!!

Another good quality about Bowe that often isn't noted by fans, is his ability and willingness to block for his offensive teammates. I've heard many so called sports experts recognize this quality in Bowe.

The last Chief jersey's I bought were DT's and Marcus Allens in the 90's. I've not bought a players jersey since. As soon as I can afford one...I intend to buy a Dwayne Bowe jersey. I have that much faith in Bowe, as well as respect and admiration for him...not only as a WR, but as a member of the Chiefs team.

GO BOWE!! GO CHIEFS!!!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Oh...REP for figrostic too!! :)

Also, yes, he is a nice guy!! His sense of humor cracks me up...and I'm always gonna be a fan of anyone who can make me smile or laugh, hahaha.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    He is one of the better receivers in this league. He's not going to garner "top" WR respect until he quits dropping balls.
    As I said......

He's gonna get there...he's missed by far less catches this year than last!

Brandon (Spano) made a comment at Facebook that I'd not thought about related to Bowe. He noted Bowe didn't have the missing catch problem in 2007 his rookie year. I thought about that, and I don't think he had it in 2008 either. It began last year, 2009...his first year with Cassel & Haley.

I have to wonder if possibly his WR technique was/is being coached differently working with a new QB and Haley? Possibly the personal throwing style of Cassel is affecting Bowes sight line on incoming balls? Possibly it's a timing issue with judging incoming balls? I'm just not sure, but it does seem odd that the issues began with a change of QB and Coach.

One thing I know for sure is it appears Cassel and Bowe have a good brotherly like relationship, respect for one another, willingness to work together improving consistency. This is important and necessary to improve their QB to WR game. His teammates all seem to love him too!

All I know is that the Chiefs wouldn't be as good as they are without Dwayne Bowe. Who wouldn't want better talent then Bowe and move him to No.2. I'm sure any team out there would love to have BOWE. I love having him. I would love him more if he we would make every catch but I would also love the Chiefs more if they won every game. He is our go to guy and compared to our other WR's, he's pretty much all we have and yet everyones still rags on him. GO CHIEFS!

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    All I know is that the Chiefs wouldn't be as good as they are without Dwayne Bowe. Who wouldn't want better talent then Bowe and move him to No.2. I'm sure any team out there would love to have BOWE. I love having him. I would love him more if he we would make every catch but I would also love the Chiefs more if they won every game. He is our go to guy and compared to our other WR's, he's pretty much all we have and yet everyones still rags on him. GO CHIEFS!
    REP!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    What does puberty have to do with it?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast