Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IF we have the first pick in 2012 do we go for Andrew Luck

Default IF we have the first pick in 2012 do we go for Andrew Luck

So lets say we do get the first pick overall, do we go for Andrew Luck (if he is still considered #1)or do we trade the pick or draft someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Oh they gave us plenty to talk about; just none of it very pleasant, but I understand what you're saying and agree. My only point is that even with the overwhelming evidence at hand there are simply too many variables at play at this point to begin even thinking about being in a position to grab Andrew Luck in the first round of the 2012 draft; especially after just the first week of the 2011 season.

...Just my two cents.
    Unfortunately we are only 1 year removed from the 3 year $hit show that was the 07-09 Chiefs. And because of this we have somewhat become ingrained with pessimism because we were let down game after game.

Even when watching the game on sunday there were a group of bills fans saying "Don't worry we collapse in the second half, you guys have a chance" and other things to that effect, not able to digest that their team played that well. Whereas, and I can only speculate, Steelers fans will let this week go as a slide knowing that their team has enjoyed way more success than failure in recent years.

My Love for the Chiefs works sorta like maybe a love affair with a Woman. And lets say we have been together 4 years. Well the first 3 she cheated on me time and time again. And we would go through a week long counseling session trying to restore my pride, and even my friends would say "don't worry, we will turn it around next week" And what would happen that very next Sunday.... BAM, cheats on me again for 3 straight hours, and it hurt so bad I couldn't look away.

Then came last year. She stopped hangin out with some of her dumb *** friends (Germ and the Queen) and vowed to change her ways. And for a whole year looked like she was committed to her new ways and that she wasn't going to look back.

And this brings us to now... I am not sure what to think because Sunday she went out with one of her ex's to just "hang out". So I can't say they definately banged but they sure as hell got to 3rd base.... and that is all I need to get panicked.

And yes I know I have completely lost my mind... And for gods sake... GO CHIEFS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KC touchdown View Post
    This is pioli's third year, we should be seeing playoff/sb contenders. Not getting blown out 41-7 to a 4-12 team buff was last year. Three years is plenty of time to get a good squad together
    SB contenders in 3 years from a completely destroyed and **** team? Really? LOL
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    So lets say we do get the first pick overall, do we go for Andrew Luck (if he is still considered #1)or do we trade the pick or draft someone else?
    I'm pro-Haley, pro-pioli, and I'm happy enough with Cassel, both for his leadership and ability to actually win games.

If we have the #1 overall pick, we take Andrew Luck and never ever ever look back.

1. Smart
    2. Arm strength
    3. Accuracy
    4. Pocket awareness
    5. Winner
    6. Character
    7. Size
    8. Athleticism

Dude has it all, and has a lot of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Agree that a high % of 1st Round QB's don't live up to expectations, I'm sure a lot of that has to do with getting tossed into bad situations.

That Being Said, I've heard Luck is supposedly the best QB prospect since John Elway, some people state that he is better coming out of college than Manning... I'm not sure, If we are in a position to draft him, I wouldn't mind him setting out a year or a half of a season behind Cassel, or trading the pick for a large # of picks that could contribute. (To be honest if we traded the pick, we could possibly land A LOT of really good talent)

That being said as well..... It's 1 game down, why are we talking about the #1 pick. If it's week 12 and we are 2-10, then I might re-visit this conversation. As for now, we don't know.
    If we are in a position to draft Luck, no way I would trade him - or sit him. Throw him to the wolves from day one and take are lumps.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by KC touchdown View Post
    We def arent a competitive playoff team. 3 years is time to atleast MOVE FORWARD. We are going to go 3-13 this year
    We need a strong, common sense head coach to go with Luck. If Pioli can't see this, we're in for a long ride.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    1st Round NFL Quarterbacks of This Decade: A Recap | Bleacher Report

Here is a list of all 1st round draft QB's. Despite what the loser writer writes(I only linked the article for the list), we have a 67% chance of getting a steaming pile of excrement rather than a good QB.

Pennington #18 2000-Bust
    Vick #1 2001-Bust for Atlanta/Good after prison
    Carr #1 2002-Bust
    Harrington # 2002-Bust
    Ramsey #32 2002-Bust
    Palmer #1 2003-Bust(one good season)
    Leftwich #7 2003-Bust
    Boller #19 2003-Bust
    Grossman #22 2003-Bust for Bears/Potential with DC
    Manning #1 2004-Winner
    Rivers #4 2004-Winner
    Roethlisberger #11 2004-Winner
    Lossman #22 2004-Bust
    Smith #1 2005-Bust
    Rodgers #24 2005-Winner
    Campbell #25 2005-Bust
    Young #3 2006-Bust
    Leinhart #10 2006-Bust
    Cutler #11 2006-Jury's still out
    Russell #1 2007-Bust
    Quinn #22 2007-Bust
    Ryan #3 2008-Winner
    Flacco #18 2008-Winner
    Stafford #1 2009-Jury's still out
    Sanchez #5 2009-Winner/Jury's still out
    Freeman #17 2009-Winner/Jury's still out
    Bradford #1 2010-Jury's still out
    Tebow #25 2010-Bust
    That list is terible. Pennington and Vick took the teams that drafted them to conference championships. Grossman took his to a Super Bowl. Cutler was stupidly traded and promptly took his new team to a conference championship. Palmer was a pro bowler who took bad Bengals teams to two division championships. Young is vastly underrated and has an overall winning record. It is way too early to call Tebow a bust, given Denver's stupidity.

If we get the number one pick it means that Cassel had a really bad year and we should take Luck. The only other thing we should consider doing is trading the pick as I think other teams will be willing to give up the farm to get Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    That list is terible. Pennington and Vick took the teams that drafted them to conference championships. Grossman took his to a Super Bowl. Cutler was stupidly traded and promptly took his new team to a conference championship. Palmer was a pro bowler who took bad Bengals teams to two division championships. Young is vastly underrated and has an overall winning record. It is way too early to call Tebow a bust, given Denver's stupidity.
    Vince Young was the offensive rookie of the year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    Vince Young was the offensive rookie of the year as well.
    Yep. People need to go to pro-football-reference and look at his wins/stats before bashing him. He's a good QB who could have been great if he'd been groomed properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I know we stunk it up Sunday, but it's a little early to start talking about being the front runner in the draft isn't it?
    No doubt. I've never been one to advocate losing on purpose for drafting someone... if we get the opportunity to draft Luck I hope we earn it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast