Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Trade effectively done for alex smith?

Default Trade effectively done for alex smith?

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    A new coach (again), a new GM (again), a new QB (again), new coordinators (again) - and we were THEEE WORSE team in the NFL last year. And we're trading away draft picks. There's a lot to be said about consistency in the NFL - and KC just doesn't have it.
    I hear what your saying bud but as fans we too have to make up our minds. Do we want change or consistency? There is a lot to be said for consistency and we've had very little of it, but we also have to give the new regime a chance to establish consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I hear what your saying bud but as fans we too have to make up our minds. Do we want change or consistency? There is a lot to be said for consistency and we've had very little of it, but we also have to give the new regime a chance to establish consistency.
    I couldn't agree more. At this point in time I'm willing to give Reid the benefit of the doubt. He is a proven winner and shown he can win consistently over a period of time. He's not some newbie with no coaching experience or some coach who doesn't have a winning track record. I applaud the Chiefs for once not going on the cheap to get a head coach with questionable winning systems.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

Quote Originally Posted by OTR Chiefs fan View Post
    I couldn't agree more. At this point in time I'm willing to give Reid the benefit of the doubt. He is a proven winner and shown he can win consistently over a period of time. He's not some newbie with no coaching experience or some coach who doesn't have a winning track record. I applaud the Chiefs for once not going on the cheap to get a head coach with questionable winning systems.
    Great point!

Our very first move with this new regime was trading draft picks for a mediocre qb. How is that supposed to establish any kind of consistency? We have picked up FA qb the past 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Our very first move with this new regime was trading draft picks for a mediocre qb. How is that supposed to establish any kind of consistency? We have picked up FA qb the past 20 years.
    Well I'd call that pretty consistent. j/k

With all due respect MMH, I really don't view Alex Smith in quite the same way you do. I believe that over the course of the last two years he has proven to be much more than mediocre. With Reid's background of developing QB's I'm hopeful that Smith will continue to perform at a high level. There was every indication that, before his injury, Smith could have taken the 49ers every bit as far as Kaepernick did this last year. I won't be so presumptuous as to say I know that Smith will be the QB we all hope he'll be, but by the same token I'm not ready to write him off as a complete bust either.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    LOL!! I noticed that too....I guess im finally wrong about something!!
    Regardless of our differences, we still choose to cheer for the Chiefs. So we will always have that in common. Man, how demented are we? LOL
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Oh, I don't know. I think we have been pretty damn consistent over the years. Just not in a good way.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Oh, I don't know. I think we have been pretty damn consistent over the years. Just not in a good way.

And it continues with this regime, yet this board seems to be fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Yeah, I should have said good consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    And it continues with this regime, yet this board seems to be fine with it.
    Oh, I don't know there seems to be a good number of those here quite discontent with the situation and that's ok. Just because a hand full of people here don't share your perspective of how things are does not mean that we or the entire board is delusional or wearing rose colored glasses. Nor does it mean that those who do share your perspective are nothing but whiners and complainers. It is what it is, I'm trying to stay as positive as I can because I believe there is enough in the world to be negative about. I don't believe for one second that those of us here are not true Chiefs fans simply because we differ in our perspectives. I try not to lump everyone into just one category or the other.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast