Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Now eating my Crow

Default Now eating my Crow

Just wanted to drop in and eat my crow. At the beginning of the season, as big of a Chiefs fan as I am, you'll recall how much dogged them. I was accused of being a Raider or Bronco fan lurking about on the board and in the forum and all called all kinds of other names. Just let me say, man was I wrong. As wrong as you could get and I willfully acknowledge that. This has been a fabulous, miraculous season and I so enjoy my season tickets so much more and being at Arrowhead when the team is winning. I was just tired of losing year after year and they have certainly changed that.
    First and foremost my hat is off to Haley and Pioli. Man what a difference they have made. Pioli by bringing in Weis and Crennel and Haley for his daily leadership and coaching ability. Simply put they have made me come to like the taste of crow.
    GO CHIEFS!
    "As I matriculate my way down the field of life, I will never forget this moment and you wonderful people who helped make this day possible". Hank Stram

...Been dining on my sweet, succulent crow for quite some time now.

I've not had any, and won't be. I was pretty open minded when it came to this season. I was hoping for 6-10 or 8-8, so this has been a pleasant surprise.

The guy I'm a Teeeeeeeny tiny bit disappointed in of late has been McCluster. He just kinda dropped off after coming back from the injury. But he's a rookie, and there's time.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    The guy I'm a Teeeeeeeny tiny bit disappointed in of late has been McCluster. He just kinda dropped off after coming back from the injury. But he's a rookie, and there's time.
    I think we still haven't completely decided how to use him, yet. I'd like us to try more WR screens to him, though our WR screens have a tendency to be nightmares (and I am not sure why). Also, I'd like to see us use his speed vertically to take some more shots down the field.

Quote Originally Posted by wilqb16 View Post
    I think we still haven't completely decided how to use him, yet. I'd like us to try more WR screens to him, though our WR screens have a tendency to be nightmares (and I am not sure why). Also, I'd like to see us use his speed vertically to take some more shots down the field.
    Mccluster isnt the same since his high ankle sprain and I think he is still recovering from it.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    Mccluster isnt the same since his high ankle sprain and I think he is still recovering from it.
    That may be a good point. He didn't seem like he had the same explosion on that third down strike he caught from Cassel in the last game. He sort of turned it up and got what he could. Earlier in the year he made a similar play but turned it into a 31-yard TD.

I am really curious to see what we do with McCluster in the long-term. I would like to see him and Charles alternating in the backfield, although I know we brought him in to be more of a slot receiver. I love with Jones brings to the table in terms of work ethic and leadership but I think the running games suffers when he is in there because he has lost a step. If he loses another this off-season he won't be much good to us in 2012.

I dont think Jones lost a step so much as everyone knows we are gonna pund it up the middle when he is in. Jones always seems to be hitting the holes in the middle and they are plugged up.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I dont think Jones lost a step so much as everyone knows we are gonna pund it up the middle when he is in. Jones always seems to be hitting the holes in the middle and they are plugged up.
    This could be true, too.

I think Charles is a really unique player in that he make our offense line look better than it really is...last season our offensive line suddenly got a lot better when he took over for LJ.

Quote Originally Posted by wilqb16 View Post
    This could be true, too.

I think Charles is a really unique player in that he make our offense line look better than it really is...last season our offensive line suddenly got a lot better when he took over for LJ.
    No doubt. Charles is the man!!

Although a lot of RBs could make a line look better taking ver for LJ!!

Jones is getting up there though. I wouldnt mind seeing him back in a limited role. I think he is great for the team!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    No doubt. Charles is the man!!

Although a lot of RBs could make a line look better taking ver for LJ!!

Jones is getting up there though. I wouldnt mind seeing him back in a limited role. I think he is great for the team!!
    I think he helps with Charles a lot showing him what you need to do in the weight room to last long term in the NFL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast