Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Quick thoughts on the game

Default Quick thoughts on the game

1- Alex Smith answered a lot of questions today. I thought Aaron Rodgers was wearing 11 for us.

2- Apologies to Alex for Avery (and the rest of the WR group)

3- denver was almost never called for blatant holdings of Hali and T-Jax, and leg whips.

4- After Denver's last TD can somebody show me that "blow to the head" the officials called on us?

5- Cooper is a raw rookie and it showed, but I still think the kid has long term talent.

6- Time to trade Flowers this off season.

7- Not to wish injury on anyone, but Albert's injury might be a blessing in disguise for the Chiefs. Let's start Fishers development there.

8- I badly wanted us to draft Decker when he was coming up. It hurts me double that one of my favorite draft wishes skewered us so bad for the hated Donks.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    SO RIGHT!!! The real money for the NFL and the team owners is in TV and we all know how how TV loves that "Cinderalla Story". So it is entirely possible that the NFL is trying to deliver the networks what they want. As much as I respect brdempsey, I'm just not quite sure I buy into the whole NFL/Bowlen/Elway conspiracy thing, but despite my skepticism, I have to admit that when I smell a certain smell, I know there is rotted fish around and some of the officiating is starting to make my nose tingle a bit.

That said, if we can get to the playoffs and the donks get eliminated our Chiefs would become the natural replacement "Cinderalla Story".

brdempsey....hope you take no offense at what I've typed. I'm not saying you are wrong. It's just that the idea that the NFL has sunk to the level of professional wrestling is a hard pill to swallow.
    I don't think the calls Denver gets has anything to do with Bowlen or Elway

It's all about Manning. He has and always will get calls. The NFL in no way wants him to go down so they allow the holding to happen. They want Manning to go far because he is a household name and as long as he's playing there will be people watching. They know that so again they allow them to get away with a bit more then any other team.

I don't think the NFL has sunk the the level of being a predetermined outcome like the WWE. But I do think they allow Manning's team to get away with things and it does make a impact in the game.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I don't think the calls Denver gets has anything to do with Bowlen or Elway

It's all about Manning. He has and always will get calls. The NFL in no way wants him to go down so they allow the holding to happen. They want Manning to go far because he is a household name and as long as he's playing there will be people watching. They know that so again they allow them to get away with a bit more then any other team.

I don't think the NFL has sunk the the level of being a predetermined outcome like the WWE. But I do think they allow Manning's team to get away with things and it does make a impact in the game.
    No doubt about that! The question is.......is it NFL "policy" or is it the damned zebras? If it is the NFL then that is very damned depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    ^^PFF ratings are worthless trash when it comes to O-Lineman. The overhead camera has shown me that Albert has in no way, shape, or form, been head & shoulders above Fisher or anyone else on the O-Line.
    You do realize they watch the overhead camera when rating all these players? Good night, bub.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Fisher was poor in the run game against Denver at Invesco? Bullsh!t, they seldom ran behind him in that game & I recall Fisher driving Miller out of the play and springing Charles for a nice gain on one the few times they did run behind him.
    The first 5 run plays were not to Fisher's side. The 6th run play, was to his side. Here was the result. Fisher gets a clown suit put on him for a loss of 2:

http://gifboom.com/x/ec6b32f0

The very next run play, Fisher has help on a double team, gets stood up by his guy and Charles gets tackled for a 3-yard gain.:

http://gifboom.com/x/99dc4035

They then ran 3 more plays not to his side. On the 3rd run to his side Fisher does a good job of getting his guy out of position:

http://gifboom.com/x/f35c6297

They run one more play to the left. Then on the goal line, Fisher gets blown back into Charles. No TD:

http://gifboom.com/x/b84f74b0

4 straight runs not to his side then he does a good job of getting to the linebacker.

http://gifboom.com/x/2d90fd70

One more run in the game, and that was it. They ran 13 times to the left, 5 to the right. I wonder why they seldom run behind him? The only time Fisher had success was when he didn't have to square up w/ a d-lineman and got to go downfield and block. Every other time he got destroyed at the point of attack. So yes, POOR in the run game.

I watch the games too. What's everyone else think based on rewatching these 5 times they ran behind him? Not poor?

And all of that was on top of the 2 sacks he gave up.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 12-03-2013 at 01:09 AM.

And just for reference, here were the 2 sacks he gave up that game:

http://gifboom.com/x/84c854ed

http://gifboom.com/x/855c949f

Awful.

Albert played guard in college and developed into a damn fine LT. Fisher needs to show vast improvement to avoid playing LT in college and guard in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    SO RIGHT!!! The real money for the NFL and the team owners is in TV and we all know how how TV loves that "Cinderalla Story". So it is entirely possible that the NFL is trying to deliver the networks what they want. As much as I respect brdempsey, I'm just not quite sure I buy into the whole NFL/Bowlen/Elway conspiracy thing, but despite my skepticism, I have to admit that when I smell a certain smell, I know there is rotted fish around and some of the officiating is starting to make my nose tingle a bit.

That said, if we can get to the playoffs and the donks get eliminated our Chiefs would become the natural replacement "Cinderalla Story".

brdempsey....hope you take no offense at what I've typed. I'm not saying you are wrong. It's just that the idea that the NFL has sunk to the level of professional wrestling is a hard pill to swallow.
    No offense taken. But, on the other hand, I'm sure you've heard of the saying "If it looks like a skunk and smells like a skunk -- it is a skunk".

I know what I saw transpire in '97 and '98 and watched what transpired with the Donks in '99. The difference was clearly that they were made to play on a level playing field, not Elway's retirement, as many would have you think. With Terrell Davis no longer being to benefit from his O-Line getting away with massive holding, illegal chop-blocks and leg whips, in '99, Davis averaged a measly 3.1 yards per carry through the first 4 games and got KO'd in the 4th game and his career was essentially over at that point. Defenders were now getting off Denver blockers and tackling him.

For the most part the NFL has not stooped to the WWE level, but it did happen in '97 and '98, regardless if anyone wants to believe it or not and I fear it may be happening again this year, with the same two culprits who were involved back then.

Now we have conspiracy theories! Oh boy!

I agree for the most part with Ryfo's breakdowns of the plays that are shown there.

The one thing I will say is that on the sack I don't think Fisher getting beat matter so much as it looked like Asamoah got beat badly on that play as well. Alex was just doomed on that one.

Fisher has gotten better over the course of the season. Still a lot of room to grow but that's what happens with rookies. He was horrible the first few games. Now he's making some plays missing some plays so he is progressing IMO. A lot of work will need to be put into the offseason though.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Now we have conspiracy theories! Oh boy!
    Well in fairness some of what Brdempsey has said about the league is fact as Denver was fined for some of the violations that he talks about after the fact. And Mark Schlereth on NFL has a couple of times mentioned they got away with chop blocks and they had a coach who taught them how to get away with it.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I do hope Fisher continues to develop. I just chimed in b/c this notion that he's all the sudden ready to be the Chiefs LT is silly. He's not. Especially in the middle of a playoff run.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I do hope Fisher continues to develop. I just chimed in b/c this notion that he's all the sudden ready to be the Chiefs LT is silly. He's not. Especially in the middle of a playoff run.
    To me I wouldn't be to upset if he got a shot there. In some ways it could help him as that's where he was in college. He would be going back to the side he's used to playing. IMO Albert is a solid LT I really don't think he's really good. He commits to many false starts and he has been beat a lot this year to. But since this team is in a playoff run It's probably best to leave the line as is.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast