Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Raider fan here

Smile Raider fan here

Whats up chiefs fans, Raider fan here. Just looking forward to the upcoming game this sunday as i'm anticipating a very close one. The Chiefs seem to be on a roll, congratz to TG btw. And the Raiders are hungry for our first win in the AFC west in quite some time.

Things that scare me are Jared Allen going up against Barry Sims our LT, and Larry Johnson going up against our very weak run defense.

Guys you should be looking out for are Thomas Howard and Kirk Morrison, our LB's that have been lighting it up in the pass game, and also look for Lamont Jordan and the Raiders run game to get going, with Dominic Rhodes possibly getting in on his first carries of the year.

It would be cool to get some input from you guys on who to look out for on the chiefs this weekend, and heres to a great game.

:footballhelmet:

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Have two teams ever had to play each other two weeks in a row?

Disregarding end of season/playoff games?
    Rbedgood?

After much searching I haven't found a record of such an occurence...I found a few records of teams playing in the last week of the season and then meeting again in the first round of the playoffs (OAK v. NYJ a couple years ago for one)...however the closest I found in the regular season was 1993 PHI-WAS were 2 weeks apart.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    After much searching I haven't found a record of such an occurence...I found a few records of teams playing in the last week of the season and then meeting again in the first round of the playoffs (OAK v. NYJ a couple years ago for one)...however the closest I found in the regular season was 1993 PHI-WAS were 2 weeks apart.

That quickly?

Really?

Really?

How?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

First I checked yahoo on various searches for

"same opponent" "consecutive games" and/or NFL...the only record of a professional sports team with consecutive games with the same opponent I found was the CFL's Roughriders...

then i checked the NFL schedules for the years with 31 teams (figuring that would have the best shot) and didn't find any that matched our criteria.

Then I checked for NFL scheduling procedures to see if a rule was in place to prevent such an occurence and couldn't find that either...

So the matter remains inconclusive...I can't find an occurence, but won't say there hasn't been one either. It seems unlikely though as it was rare to even find opponent matchups that were 2 weeks apart...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

First I checked yahoo on various searches for

"same opponent" "consecutive games" and/or NFL...the only record of a professional sports team with consecutive games with the same opponent I found was the CFL's Roughriders...

then i checked the NFL schedules for the years with 31 teams (figuring that would have the best shot) and didn't find any that matched our criteria.

Then I checked for NFL scheduling procedures to see if a rule was in place to prevent such an occurence and couldn't find that either...

So the matter remains inconclusive...I can't find an occurence, but won't say there hasn't been one either. It seems unlikely though as it was rare to even find opponent matchups that were 2 weeks apart...
    So that makes the odds this year non-existent, because of scheduling, and/or conference divisions?

Or could it actually happen?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaiderss View Post
    Whats up chiefs fans, Raider fan here. Just looking forward to the upcoming game this sunday as i'm anticipating a very close one. The Chiefs seem to be on a roll, congratz to TG btw. And the Raiders are hungry for our first win in the AFC west in quite some time.

Things that scare me are Jared Allen going up against Barry Sims our LT, and Larry Johnson going up against our very weak run defense.

Guys you should be looking out for are Thomas Howard and Kirk Morrison, our LB's that have been lighting it up in the pass game, and also look for Lamont Jordan and the Raiders run game to get going, with Dominic Rhodes possibly getting in on his first carries of the year.

It would be cool to get some input from you guys on who to look out for on the chiefs this weekend, and heres to a great game.

:footballhelmet:
    I heard KC Wolf was suiting up. He has been vicious this year and has been in the backfield disrupting plays all year! Him on one side and JA on the other. Your team might have it rough!

Thanks for respecting the site by the way also.

He isn't Lane Kiffin is he?

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Looking forward to a great game, Chiefs and Raiders have always been a battle, I will admitt to being a Raider hater, but that is because I love the Chiefs and to me the Raiders are my biggest rival, even over the donks, close but that is what it is. So there for I wish your team luck, my team more luck, and if you wish to convert, we welcome all. If you are going to the game or even watching the game on TV I will drink a to you a fellow fan of the AFC West!
    But I must warn you, a Red and Gold Tornado may be headed your way, time will tell if the Chiefs can bring the Storm. Beware of the Red Hats. Have a with me, and I am sure we can agree that the donks suck.
    The Donks do suck

hey oakland raiderss whats your take on the game? who's gonna win and well....why...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast