Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adam Carriker

Default Adam Carriker

I think that if adam carriker falls down as far as people expect him to which is around the late teens area, i think we gotta trade up for him, jared allen and a draft pick would probably do it. Carriker is an absolute monster that could really help out the defense. Maybe its just that im a Nebraska fan and i have seen him in alot of games, or maybe its that i remember another DE out of Nebraska that we took in the 1st round named Neil Smith! I understand we drafted DE Tamba Hali last year in the first round, but the last time we drafted DEs in the first round back to back years it was Neil Smith and Derrick Thomas! if they could be half of what those 2 were then we would be in good shape.
    Last edited by diehardkcfan; 03-28-2007 at 08:32 PM.

Do we want to go with a unknown RB if we trade LJ and with O-Line that is not getting any younger. Yes I wish LJ was as good as Priest is catching, knack for the hole ability, and leadership skills(team-player). If we don't sign him now(LJ), we should see a very motivated guy looking for the big payday here or somewhere else, why not roll the dice with him.
    jgunn1966
    Morgantown,WV
    Willie L. and D.T.
    Were the BEST!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgunn1966 View Post
    Do we want to go with a unknown RB if we trade LJ and with O-Line that is not getting any younger. Yes I wish LJ was as good as Priest is catching, knack for the hole ability, and leadership skills(team-player). If we don't sign him now(LJ), we should see a very motivated guy looking for the big payday here or somewhere else, why not roll the dice with him.
    He's currently under contract.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    He's currently under contract.
    Yep, Hermie will run him twice, pass, then punt. (grin)

:sign0156: :bananen_smilies100: :bananen_smilies100:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Quote Originally Posted by jgunn1966 View Post
    L.J. does one thing well. He runs, between the tackles. He gives up on outside running plays, as well as the blocking and recieving deficiencies, already mentioned. ( Not that he is a poor reciever) I believe that most backs could have success running behind Shields, Waters and Wiegmann.

That said, here is how I believe things will go down, regarding L.J. We will break the bank for him, now. ( costing us more talent, elsewhere) He will be a productive runner. He will continue to be Herms baby. (Getting lots of hugs and praise.) He will never be a "complete back". He will never be pleased with his team.

I noticed that everyone says we should trade LJ cause he is no Priest. I hate to break the news to everyone, but the next running back we get won't be Priest either. We have to deal with what we have. Good, bad or otherwise. And remember, I am still available for September :)

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    I noticed that everyone says we should trade LJ cause he is no Priest. I hate to break the news to everyone, but the next running back we get won't be Priest either. We have to deal with what we have. Good, bad or otherwise. And remember, I am still available for September :)
    I don't think that Priest was a terrific back. I think he was a good back, who excelled at several aspects of playing the position and played behind an incredible offensive line. However, his personality was what made him an icon, to me. What I want, is a top-tier laef tackle and a good-guy runner. I will cheer for anyone who gets the football, as long as they're wearing a Chiefs uniform. It's just hard to praise someone who has a selfish personality. Because they will, gladly, pat themselves on the back.

Well said!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post

True, and since he is the best we have right now, we might as well get ready to suffer through his bravado, cause, no matter who is running, I want to see the Chiefs win!! GO CHIEFS!!

:sign0156: :bananen_smilies100: :Sports Car 2:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Quote Originally Posted by kenny1937 View Post
    True, and since he is the best we have right now, we might as well get ready to suffer through his bravado, cause, no matter who is running, I want to see the Chiefs win!! GO CHIEFS!!

:sign0156: :bananen_smilies100: :Sports Car 2:
    100% AGREED!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    L.J. does one thing well. He runs, between the tackles. He gives up on outside running plays, as well as the blocking and recieving deficiencies, already mentioned. ( Not that he is a poor reciever) I believe that most backs could have success running behind Shields, Waters and Wiegmann.

That said, here is how I believe things will go down, regarding L.J. We will break the bank for him, now. ( costing us more talent, elsewhere) He will be a productive runner. He will continue to be Herms baby. (Getting lots of hugs and praise.) He will never be a "complete back". He will never be pleased with his team.

I agree with this assessment; he seems to feel that Kansas City is somehow beneath him.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast