Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How many players can you name that have wanted to get PAID?

Default How many players can you name that have wanted to get PAID?

I'll start....

ALL OF THEM!!!! Your turn Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Well, because they didn't get to see The Donks on that particular Sunday. And because they aren't on teams that decided to run the ball, when down by double-digits.

LJ has had one big game, and The Donks certainly deserve alot of credit for that. And then he had another 100+ yard game, but that was because The Chiefs gave-up and decided to get LJ his stats, while the Falcons were all-but playing 'prevent'.

Most everyone here knows that I am all about the offensive line. (Actually, both lines.) So you will find it difficult to get me to disagree that LJ would do alot better with a better o-line.

But I feel that most any HB would do well given those circumstances.

I think that LJ is an excellent runner, at times. But that is about the extent of it. He could be a great receiver out of the backfield, but he has yet to do that. He could be an excellent blocker, but he seemingly refuses to do that. He could even be an excellent teammate, but he hasn't done that either.

I would favor keeping him if we did have the o-line to support LJ. But we don't, and even through free agency, building an o-line takes more than one off-season, because it generally takes one year for a group to 'gel'.

After this season, and next, we will have been paying him for three season, as much more than what we will be able to get out of him.

That would be three seasons of paying for Superman, and getting Jimmy Olsen.

And that is assuming that we actually go and make a real push to fix our o-line. I seriously doubt that we will. I have never known a team to have such a glaring need for it, and put so little effort into it, as we did this past off-season. So I wouldn't be surprised to see us pass on the issue this off-season.
    I couldn't disagree more about taking more than 1 year to build a line through free agency. I watch thre Az cardinals every week and they have done it. Got rid of L. Davis and brought in 3 new guys and the line is head and shoulders abouve what it was last year. There record shows it. Last year, they lost most games because the O line couldn't block anyone. This year they can. Last year they were one if not the worst team in the red zone. This year they score TD's. It can be done in 1 year.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    I couldn't disagree more about taking more than 1 year to build a line through free agency. I watch thre Az cardinals every week and they have done it. Got rid of L. Davis and brought in 3 new guys and the line is head and shoulders abouve what it was last year. There record shows it. Last year, they lost most games because the O line couldn't block anyone. This year they can. Last year they were one if not the worst team in the red zone. This year they score TD's. It can be done in 1 year.
    Cardinals did most of that work before '07. That means that it took more than one season.

Plus, they always could pass-block, even with Davis. They haven't changed on offense, except that Warner is in, and Lienart is out.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Cardinals did most of that work before '07. That means that it took more than one season.

Plus, they always could pass-block, even with Davis. They haven't changed on offense, except that Warner is in, and Lienart is out.
    3 new full time linemen this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    3 new full time linemen this year.

Why don't you ever bother to look these things up on your own?

http://www.nfl.com/players/reginaldw...e?id=WEL570156

LG - Reggie Wells - Started all 16 games in '07, and all six in '08.

http://www.nfl.com/players/michaelga...e?id=GAN127935

LT - Mike Gandy - Started all 16 games in '07, and all six in '08.

http://www.nfl.com/players/levibrown...e?id=BRO548586

RT - Levi Brown - Started 11 games in '07, and all 6 in '08

http://www.nfl.com/players/taitusilu...e?id=LUT476816

RG - Deuce Lutui - Started 15 games in '07, and all 6 in '08.

The only change to that line from last season is at Center, where an injury has forced the back-up in.

Seriously, just verify some things before you shoot-off about them. You should know by now, that I will look it up, and bring it directly to you likle this.

Now, doesn't this make you feel a bit like a :joker: ?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234