Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: herm is staying

Default herm is staying

i hate this ****ing team do one thing good then **** it up the next day trust me i have a inside guy

This is exactly what I thought would happen and hoped would happen. We use Herm for another year to bring in more young talent combined with some smart free agency moves for one more year then make a bid for one of the big names next year. I think it's the right thing to do even though I'm the minority...
    "matriculate the ball up the field, boys,"

Quote Originally Posted by I H8 Every Team But KC View Post
    This is exactly what I thought would happen and hoped would happen. We use Herm for another year to bring in more young talent combined with some smart free agency moves for one more year then make a bid for one of the big names next year. I think it's the right thing to do even though I'm the minority...

Do you know why you are in the minority?

Look at Pioli's track record...now look at Herm's. The country is going to pick apart the Chiefs next season to see how Pioli is doing. Do you think he is going to risk hanging on to Herm when coaches such as Spagnola and Schwartz are out there?
    Pioli is a classy man and will sit down with Herm and Clark and discuss their future plans. In the end Pioli is going to suggest to Herm that he should perhaps become a church camp counselor and then we will go out and hire a REAL coach who can do better than 6-26 in two years. Don't worry...you'll see plenty of Herm in Coor's commercials. It'll be 'okaayyy.'

Quote Originally Posted by jerhart View Post
    Do you know why you are in the minority?

Look at Pioli's track record...now look at Herm's. The country is going to pick apart the Chiefs next season to see how Pioli is doing. Do you think he is going to risk hanging on to Herm when coaches such as Spagnola and Schwartz are out there?
    Pioli is a classy man and will sit down with Herm and Clark and discuss their future plans. In the end Pioli is going to suggest to Herm that he should perhaps become a church camp counselor and then we will go out and hire a REAL coach who can do better than 6-26 in two years. Don't worry...you'll see plenty of Herm in Coor's commercials. It'll be 'okaayyy.'
    I'm aware of why I'm the minority but that makes neither one of us right. It's your opinion & my opinion. I guess what I would ask is what have the two coach's you mentioned done as a HEAD COACH? Nothing...that's a risk higher than keeping Herm for another year & waiting until next year to get a Shanahan, Holmgren or Cowher.

Anyone who thinks Pioli is going to right the ship in one season is foolish. It's a process, just like the man himself has said. As for Herm, I support any decision they make. I am merely suggesting what I would like to see happen...minority or not.

Herm needs to go. I do not care what you put into this...Look at his overall record in 2 stints of head coaching. "He is tuuurrable", as Charles Barkley would say and his time is over.

Bring in a real defensive minded HC and let Chan Gaily run the offense. Get the Db's, LB's and Reciever(s) we need and light the fuse.

Quote Originally Posted by I H8 Every Team But KC View Post
    I'm aware of why I'm the minority but that makes neither one of us right. It's your opinion & my opinion. I guess what I would ask is what have the two coach's you mentioned done as a HEAD COACH? Nothing...that's a risk higher than keeping Herm for another year & waiting until next year to get a Shanahan, Holmgren or Cowher.

Anyone who thinks Pioli is going to right the ship in one season is foolish. It's a process, just like the man himself has said. As for Herm, I support any decision they make. I am merely suggesting what I would like to see happen...minority or not.
    No opportunity as a HC...but there is always a first.

Spagnoala has a Superbowl Ring...the Giants won the Superbowl last year if you weren't aware...his defense stopped arguably the best offense in NFL history.

Schwartz is responsible for putting together one of the top defenses in the league this season and league's past.

Any other questions?

I did hear on both fox sports & espn radio that they thought it likely herm stays to finish out his contract [1year], their reasons.....too much adjustment for a young team, herm hand picked and trained the youngins - another year needed for them to mature, no top coaches Pioli would want at this time, a year to assess the team for the perfect fit as coach.

Quote Originally Posted by jerhart View Post
    No opportunity as a HC...but there is always a first.

Spagnoala has a Superbowl Ring...the Giants won the Superbowl last year if you weren't aware...his defense stopped arguably the best offense in NFL history.

Schwartz is responsible for putting together one of the top defenses in the league this season and league's past.

Any other questions?

There are several people on here who like to fight with people (fellow Chief fans I might add) but I won't be one of them. I am only making my point & doing so without being a smarta$$.

The Giants Defense did an awesome job against the Pats. Total TEAM effort. And I never questioned his ability to coach as a DC, but how does that make him a sure thing as a coach? It doesn't...

I never intended to argue with you about this. Just stating my opinion...I'm still very new here and would like to be friends with everyone. So I respect your opinion as you should mine. Doesn't mean we have to agree ;)

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    I did hear on both fox sports & espn radio that they thought it likely herm stays to finish out his contract [1year], their reasons.....too much adjustment for a young team, herm hand picked and trained the youngins - another year needed for them to mature, no top coaches Pioli would want at this time, a year to assess the team for the perfect fit as coach.

Which is my point...it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Hopefully we'll know by friday. But I do think if Pioli decides to keep Herm, its because he thinks Herm is the man to take us to the Superbowl. I don't think Pioli will keep Herm and his staff for just 1 year and adios. That would truely be wasting another year and I wouldn't think Pioli is about to waste anything.
    Either Herm is here for the long haul or he's gone by this weekend. JMO!
    I think it depends on the outcome of the Pittsburgh Baltimore game. So Monday is when I expect something. Whatever, I thought we would have to endure Carl and herm for 1 more year getting rid of one is enough in my book.

One thing i still don't understand is why have we gotten to this point w/herm? the gun was fired after a 9-6 and a 7-9 season. since CP took over the worst season we had was 6-10 under DV, 7-9 under Marty, yet we[ the CHIEFS] tolerated a 4-12, 2-12 seasons under herm w/no talk of dismissal. herms first season was really w/DV's team and herms coaching, as seen in the indy playoff game. have our expectations been lowered that far?? herms winning % is a dismal .313 should he not have been gone before we got to here?? i know someone will play the rebuilding card, but why didn't we have to rebuild like this since CP became GM before. the only difference seems to be the coach.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast