Thread: Easy Plumbing Fix

Default Easy Plumbing Fix

I just had to replace a broken water line to my outside faucet, line frezes and bursts every 2-3 years. i have to work in a crawl space so i was going to use the new pex system so no soldering. then i heard about this new "sharbites" or "gatorbites" [depending on lowes or home depot]. no soldering, no crimping tool needed just push & twist and your done. works w/copper, pvc, or pex. it was so easy my son in law could do it. i kept checking to see if there were any leaks, so far so good. and they're even easily removable & reusable.

if only we could fix the leaks on the CHIEFS that easy !!!

Uh... thanks for sharing?

This makes me want to buy plumbing equipment for no reason.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by twhite85 View Post
    Uh... thanks for sharing?
    Kind of what I was thinking...

its a slow football newsday, and i'm used to having always one joint leak wether i'm soldering 20 or if i solder 2 joints. so this was such a really pleasant surprise i had to tell someone. the wife didn't care, only happy it got done

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    its a slow football newsday, and i'm used to having always one joint leak wether i'm soldering 20 or if i solder 2 joints. so this was such a really pleasant surprise i had to tell someone. the wife didn't care, only happy it got done
    I hear ya. Wives don't really care about anything technological, scientific, mechanical, carpentry, or anything. All they care is that it got done.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    I hear ya. Wives don't really care about anything technological, scientific, mechanical, carpentry, or anything. All they care is that it got done.
    AMEN ON THAT BROTHER!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    I just had to replace a broken water line to my outside faucet, line frezes and bursts every 2-3 years. i have to work in a crawl space so i was going to use the new pex system so no soldering. then i heard about this new "sharbites" or "gatorbites" [depending on lowes or home depot]. no soldering, no crimping tool needed just push & twist and your done. works w/copper, pvc, or pex. it was so easy my son in law could do it. i kept checking to see if there were any leaks, so far so good. and they're even easily removable & reusable.

if only we could fix the leaks on the CHIEFS that easy !!!
    Really though, I'm a home owner and have had plumbing problems in the past and this is very helpful. When, like myself, crawl under your house and see these pex clamps and find out a pex plier is like $175.00 for a cheap one, anyway thanks for the info I will check it out. Have a Great day Chiefs Fans!

I am a master plumber 18 years in the field.. I say blah to that crap...

How about we move this thread to the correct forum?