Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why is everyone *****ing?

Default Why is everyone *****ing?

We played one of the best offenses in the league and held them under 20 points. Did you actually think Matt Cassel was gonna go out there and throw 300 yards on the Colts who only allow 200 yards and that's playing against Houston,Giants, and Denver who are all much better at throwing the ball then us. Everyone blames Dwayne Bowe because he dropped a couple catches it's not just his fault the balls could be thrown better and him not holding onto it is inexcusable but let's not forget what this man has done for us and how he has been our number one reciever for many years. Let's really assess our team and if you do nothing has changed. Our passing game hasn't been good in years which hasn't changed, our defense has been playing great and played excellent today, our running game is great and played great as well. See no change. Like I said in previous post if we can't throw the ball all they have to do is stuff the run and it's beginning to happen. You all know my feelings on Cassel that's why I don't even say anything anymore you all are better at bad mouthing him then I ever was. Hopefully we can resolve this one minor issue other then that we are a very good team.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Are you just pulling out random nonsense quotes you here commentators say during the game or are you trying to make a point?
    Whats your problem? I think the game couldn't have got to much better. We stop the Colts 5 times and held them to a field goal. Not many teams can do that.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Whats your problem? I think the game couldn't have got to much better. We stop the Colts 5 times and held them to a field goal. Not many teams can do that.
    I don't have a problem I was just really curious on what point you were trying to make. I apologize if I offended you, but in all seriousness your answer sounded like some snippet you might here an announcer say during the game.

Put croyle in sure we would have scored 0 points with him haha

I read through all the comments in this thread, my thoughts on today's game are limited, as I was only able to watch bits & pieces. I attended my step-grand-daughters birthday party, of which prevented me from watching the entire game in depth.

These are points of which I felt cost us the game, but again as I said...I can only judge based upon what limited I saw.

1) I wasn't in favor of going for it on 4th & 2 in the first quarter, risking the field goal score, which was as close to a gimmie 3pts as it gets considering Succop's stats. We gave up 3pts right there, since we didn't convert to a first down. :(

2) From what I saw...we didn't use Thomas Jones or Moeaki much today...too much work put on Charles. I understand the Colts defense is weak against the rush, but damn...shake it up, throw them off. Jones & Moeaki have shown their capable. After numerous runs with Charles, the Colts rush defense it appeared to me improved...had the play calling down.

3) Charles fumbled, though he was hit mighty hard in the chest, fumble somewhat understood...he still fumbled, caused a turnover. We were having a great drive down field too.

4) Kendrell Lewis I think it was, had an easy pick opportunity on Manning...he timed the ball & his jump wrong...he should've had that interception, in my humble defender arm chair opinion, hahaha. :)

5) I am a Dwayne Bowe fan, and I still retain faith in Bowe's talent & ability as a top WR in the making, for some reason unknown to me, considering the missed catches & dropped balls in his history. Call me an idiot, cause I likely deserve such for continuing to have faith in him. That said...Dwayne totally blew our scoring a TD today! I think that is the worst missed catch I've seen of him to date, & it upset me. Quite frankly, I had to go outside so my grandkids wouldn't hear me cuss! Then he missed the very next makeable catch too! Poor Cassel. :(

6) There was a pass interference call against the Chiefs, I think it was against Brandon Flowers, can't remember now? Anyway, I think it was a bad call, didn't see a replay, but it didn't look like any pass interference to me.

7) There was a long pass by Manning at some point during the game, of which his target WR stretched to catch near the sideline. I question that catch as being completed in bounds. Manning hurried up his offense to make the next play, leaving no time for our reviewers to take a look & advise Haley to throw a red flag questioning the completion ruling.

Heck, the way I see it...the 3 pts in the 1st Q from a FG we tossed by not converting from a 4th & 2, Charles' fumble, Bowes missed catch in the endzone for a TD score...are what cost us the game. It was a low scoring game, even for the Colts...we missed opportunites to score from 13 to 17 pts just on that above. None of which had anything to do with Cassel...his throws that Bowe missed were on the money.
    I do agree Cassel overthrew a couple times I saw, and an underthrow once I think I saw too, but not sure if that was his fault with an accuracy issue...or the fault of his intended WR's timing off, pressure from Indy with a failed OL??? As I said, I wasn't able to watch all the game, so it's hard for me to judge & give an honest opinion on Cassels overall performance today.

The good news...not many teams in the NFL can hold Manning to only 1 TD, and that only TD came later in the 4th Q. We kept the game low scoring & tied for much of the game. Keep in mind also, the crowd noise at Indy was even louder than normal from what I've read others around Facebook saying who were there, Indy fans. They were amped more than normal wanting to be the ones who knocked the only undefeated team in the NFL off their pedestal, as we knew would be the case. The crowd noise may have been a factor for Cassel today.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I was in a room with about eight adults and a few children that were going in and outside when Bowe dropped the easiest TD catch of his life.

When he dropped it, the whole room just went dead silent in disbelief, and I just stand up and yes, "OH MY ****ING GOD BOWe, JUST CHANGE YOUR NAME TO BLOW CAUSE THAT'S ALL YOU EVER DO!" and after that, everyone just laughed their butts off.

I am so sick and tired of the Blow Show it's not even funny. Average speed, stone hands, terrible route runner. The only thing he's good for is drawing coverage because he's "The Show".
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I'm really interested in what the final word of this thread title is? lol.

figcrostic, Listen dude, Bowe really blew it today. Was Matt Casssl great? Heck no. But that doesn't change the fact that Bowe really dropped the ball. Pun intended.

You can never blame a whole game on one play, but Haley always says that you have to step up when you have a chance to be great, Bowe didn't do that today. I can tell you right now that you are much happier about Bowe than Haley is and a few more games like this and Bowe will be paying somewhere else next year.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

This team is not a superstar team.. We cannot make mistakes and expect to win. The reason we were 3-0 was because we played sound football and didn't beat ourself with mistakes. This game however we lost because we made mistakes against the Colts. We cannot do that.

#1 Charles had a great game but he lost a fumble. I don't care that it was a huge hit. He was in traffic trying to make a play and put both hands on for the first hit then took his left hand off and tried ot make a juke and got stoned. Just like lastyear when he had fumble problems. He is trying to hard. PUT BOTH HANDS ON THE BALL IN THE MIDDLE!

#2 Bowe has just become a joke. He is not thrown to much. He does make awesome catches. But on this team you cannot have drops like he has had. they are a momentum and drive killer. And this young team needs momentum to carry them.

#3 Chambers is just non exsistent. I don't know if he's getting doubled or he just can't break away but something is going on there. Specially since Terrance Copper was replacing him for quite a few snaps this game.

#4 It's hard to yell at haley for going for it on 4-2. If he knew how the game was going to go (field goals) i'm sure he would have kicked it. But i'm sure on that drive watching Indy go down and us stopping them he thought we wouldn't be able to stop them every time like we did. Onside kick wasn't a bad call, of course people don't like it cause it didn't work but if it would have they would have been going crazy and praising.. The execution was perfect just stupid ball stood up and took a weird spin. Way of the game i suppose.

#5 Refs need ot keep their damn flags in their pockets and stop throwing late flags for BS like calling DJ on his PI. Or brandon albert for a phantom hold.

#6 Tough one but when the ball hits DJ in the hands and he could have run back for a pick 6 that's a tough let down. i love DJ but we need those for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    This team is not a superstar team.. We cannot make mistakes and expect to win. The reason we were 3-0 was because we played sound football and didn't beat ourself with mistakes. This game however we lost because we made mistakes against the Colts. We cannot do that.

#1 Charles had a great game but he lost a fumble. I don't care that it was a huge hit. He was in traffic trying to make a play and put both hands on for the first hit then took his left hand off and tried ot make a juke and got stoned. Just like lastyear when he had fumble problems. He is trying to hard. PUT BOTH HANDS ON THE BALL IN THE MIDDLE!

#2 Bowe has just become a joke. He is not thrown to much. He does make awesome catches. But on this team you cannot have drops like he has had. they are a momentum and drive killer. And this young team needs momentum to carry them.

#3 Chambers is just non exsistent. I don't know if he's getting doubled or he just can't break away but something is going on there. Specially since Terrance Copper was replacing him for quite a few snaps this game.

#4 It's hard to yell at haley for going for it on 4-2. If he knew how the game was going to go (field goals) i'm sure he would have kicked it. But i'm sure on that drive watching Indy go down and us stopping them he thought we wouldn't be able to stop them every time like we did. Onside kick wasn't a bad call, of course people don't like it cause it didn't work but if it would have they would have been going crazy and praising.. The execution was perfect just stupid ball stood up and took a weird spin. Way of the game i suppose.

#5 Refs need ot keep their damn flags in their pockets and stop throwing late flags for BS like calling DJ on his PI. Or brandon albert for a phantom hold.

#6 Tough one but when the ball hits DJ in the hands and he could have run back for a pick 6 that's a tough let down. i love DJ but we need those for this team.
    I missed the onside kick. Thanks for clarifying it was DJ the refs called pass interference on, not Flowers, I couldn't remember, too many distractions with kids. Also, clarifying it being DJ who missed the interception opportunity. I did see the hold call on Albert, forgot about that one, which I also disagreed with.

I was watching the game at a bowling alley attending a birthday party. The TV's are also the score monitors at the bowling alley, no clarity. Anyway, from what of the game I was able to see, you're seeing & calling it much as I did also. :)

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I was in a room with about eight adults and a few children that were going in and outside when Bowe dropped the easiest TD catch of his life.

When he dropped it, the whole room just went dead silent in disbelief, and I just stand up and yes, "OH MY ****ING GOD BOWe, JUST CHANGE YOUR NAME TO BLOW CAUSE THAT'S ALL YOU EVER DO!" and after that, everyone just laughed their butts off.

I am so sick and tired of the Blow Show it's not even funny. Average speed, stone hands, terrible route runner. The only thing he's good for is drawing coverage because he's "The Show".
    Well, I was at a public bowling alley, with about 20 kids ages 5-12, their parents, as well as many other patrons. It was in my own best interest I go outside to vent my anger, lol.

Honestly it wasn't a horrible game. This team just cannot make mistakes. Especially against a top team like the colts.

I'm still upset we lost but in a way i'm glad the undeafeted talk is over with now. Now the media will forget about the chiefs. Haley will use this tape to burn into the players heads that we cannot make those mistakes and we can focus on playing football again. Go into Houston and play the same game just without the miscues.

The game was setup perfect for us to win. We did exactly what we said we would do in order to beat them. We just had miscues and missed our opportunities

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast