View Poll Results: Which QB would you want?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Geno Smith

24 53.33%
  • Matt Barkley

9 20.00%
  • Mike Glennon

0 0%
  • Tyler Wilson

0 0%
  • Other (Specify)

12 26.67%
Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Geno Smith vs Matt Barkley

Default Geno Smith vs Matt Barkley

At this point, which QB would you rather have KC draft in 2013?

Top 3 pick, take MLB from ND, an O-Lineman or trade down, Geno and Barkley are not worth a top 3 pick ...IMO

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Top 3 pick, take MLB from ND, an O-Lineman or trade down, Geno and Barkley are not worth a top 3 pick ...IMO
    It's damn tough to justify passing on Manti T'eo. As bad as the situation is here, that might be the one way a team could/should. T'eo is a guaranteed impact player.

Hali
    Teo
    Johnson
    Houston

I like the look of that starting group of LB's

We should be taking a shot on a QB until we find one. I don't care if we don't get it right the first time. I can justify a 1st round QB this year because we need one so bad. Draft another next year. We have to eventually find the right guy. We aren't going to win consistently in this league until the right guy arrives.

12: The number of touchdowns this team has scored in 11 games.
    6: The number of passing touchdowns this team has.

I don't doubt that 30% of the problem is the offensive coordinator. But we need a QB that can move the ball downfield through the air.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 11-26-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    We should be taking a shot on a QB until we find one. I don't care if we don't get it right the first time. I can justify a 1st round QB this year because we need one so bad. Draft another next year. We have to eventually find the right guy. We aren't going to win consistently in this league until the right guy arrives.

I don't doubt that 30% of the problem is the offensive coordinator. But we need a QB that can move the ball downfield through the air.
    We HAFTA HAFTA HAFTA get a solid QB, I just don't know if Smith/Barkley are worthy of a top 3 pick, I believe T'eo is though. IF there was a way to take him and trade back into the top 10 or so to get a QB I think that would be ideal. Of course we have a ton of other needs thanks to some not so stellar work from our GM. Basically it's a fn mess.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    We HAFTA HAFTA HAFTA get a solid QB, I just don't know if Smith/Barkley are worthy of a top 3 pick, I believe T'eo is though. IF there was a way to take him and trade back into the top 10 or so to get a QB I think that would be ideal. Of course we have a ton of other needs thanks to some not so stellar work from our GM. Basically it's a fn mess.
    Basically, we can't afford get the QB position wrong (like we already have). We also can't afford to not get it right. So if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

I agree that Te'o has been an excellent player for Notre Dame, but I don't see us as having a huge need for a high 1st round LBer w/ only one real hole in our LB corps. His addition IMO probably wouldn't even add 3 wins to our team. Of course that's my own guess.

Thus my logic is why take a player that isn't going to add a lot of wins. What if he turns out like Aaron Curry and is cut from his 2nd team in 4 years? Then you've wasted an early pick on a player that can't have anywhere near the impact that a QB can have. This is the primary reason that teams like the Chiefs, Jags, Browns, Seahawks (until this year), Bengals (until last year), Bills, Dolphins, and Raiders suck every year.

I agree with that, it just sucks that Pioli has put us in this position. Then again if he did his job right we wouldn't have a shot at a top 5 pick. I'm 100% on board with QBs plural until they get it right, just thinking about what coulda been.

I think it's far more then that I see it as

Coaching/Oc 60%
    Qbs Cassel/Quinn 30%
    Rest of the offense 10%

We have had annoncers on the air laughing at our playcalling our head coach answers I don't no to questions that it's his job to no the answer to. It's hard for the players to do there job well when they are not being coached well.

Most coaches wouldn't do great on the offense that we have with our QBs but most Qbs also wouldn't do great with the coaches that we have in place.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    Hali
    Teo
    Johnson
    Houston

I like the look of that starting group of LB's
    I look at this LB line up and like it. I really do. I think Teo is the real deal and very worthy of a 1st pick. The question is: Do we need him?

I got to watch the game yesterday(because Lord Peyton was playing and they show Donk games here often) and to me the D is not in need of a 1st rounder. It needs some help don't get me wrong.

The biggest need (IMO) is Offense, because this one is so offensive it's not funny. Y'all seen it, Our D gave the ball back to our O twice near the end and they(O) could not get the job done. We score field goals- at home- inside their 10!! Manning and his "Field General" presence takes over the game and we lose again.

Basically, we can't afford get the QB position wrong (like we already have). We also can't afford to not get it right. So if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
    Name me one QB, that we have ever drafted, that has won a play off game.....
    It seems that we are cursed in that regard. Not that I do not want a QB for the first pick, we really do need to get it right.

The last time we took a QB in the 1st was Blackledge in the vaunted QB rich '83 draft-Jim Kelly(14th), Marino (went @ the 27th pick- we picked 7th), Elway(first overall pick)

The problem- we could have had any of these QB's besides Elway. Another problem- none of these other QB's won a Superbowl-just Elway.

Ryfo, you're spot on with having to get it right. Is there anyone worthy @ QB for the #1 pick? I've got a not so good sneaky suspicion of G.Smith (i.e. J.Russell? or am I way off?) Barkley, he seems like a smart QB- just doesn't get my "he's the guy" juices boiling.

What is any ones take on the Georgia QB Murray or the Tennessee QB Bray? if they come out (I think they're both Juniors?) Tyler Wilson?

I've seen 3 WV games this year 1 Georgia game 0 Tenn. games. fill me in fellas

If we get a QB-they dang sure need to be able to read a Defense!!! Not just hand off and then, once in a while, heave it down field over everyone's head. If the other team had a rock'em sock'em type QB on their side we might have won.

It's looking more and more like we are getting that 1st pick-so let the debate continue

sorry for posting some things already stated- got distracted had, to log back on
    Last edited by AkChief49; 11-26-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Are there any backup QB's worth trading for? Any QB's in the draft worth taking a shot at in the 2nd?

Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast