Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dallas Clark and OJ Atogwe

Default Dallas Clark and OJ Atogwe

So as the 2nd round of free agency begins, there are new rumors of who the Chiefs are bringing in.

I saw on another website (I think it was arrowhead addict) that we brought in Dallas Clark (TE) and OJ Atogwe (FS) in for interviews today.

Discuss ...

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    These sound like pretty good depth moves at key positions provided the guys are still playable. I heard about it through a news feed to sbnation, here's the link if anyone cares to read up on it.

Dallas Clark, O.J. Atogwe Visits Show Chiefs Still Searching For Certainty At Key Positions - SB Nation Kansas City
    Great article. This one line says it all:
    One wrong move and Tyler Palko is starting four games.
    I would love to have Clark for depth. His experience, knowledge of Peyton and veteran leadership skills would be an asset to the Chiefs, even if he sees little actual playing time.

However, I wouldn't want to get in to a bidding war if another team is interested in him. As long as we can get him cheap, I say go for it.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Still happy I wont see Thomas Jones anymore....

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post

I would love to have Clark for depth. His experience, knowledge of Peyton and veteran leadership skills would be an asset to the Chiefs, even if he sees little actual playing time.

However, I wouldn't want to get in to a bidding war if another team is interested in him. As long as we can get him cheap, I say go for it.
    Can't remember why I was watching so many Indy games last year but for those complaining about Bowe dropping passes.... Clark dropped a LOT of passes, maybe he was injured or something but I remember in one game where I asked someone why they kept throwing to him. His response was well that was Manning's main target so that's where they're going to go. Ok...

I'll pass on Clark.

Crazy thing is we got Thomas Jones back, just in a rookie called Cyrus Gray. Gray has been described as a young Thomas Jones or Curtis Martin by many. Tough runner that has decent speed and plays bigger than he is.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Can't remember why I was watching so many Indy games last year but for those complaining about Bowe dropping passes.... Clark dropped a LOT of passes, maybe he was injured or something but I remember in one game where I asked someone why they kept throwing to him. His response was well that was Manning's main target so that's where they're going to go. Ok...

I'll pass on Clark.
    Clark had some sort of wrist injury when Mannning kept feeding him the ball, he had 2 or 3 years left on his deal when the colts went through and gutted their team. They cut so many guys it's hard to say what the reason was. The qb situation in Indy last year was such a mess id hate to even guess the reasons for his drops.

I live in their market and have seen his production decline, if we sign him so be it, but I wouldn't make that move. IMO Romeo knows Mannings tendencies well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post

thats the good thing about the 2nd round of free agency...There usually arent any bidding wars!

This is where you can find decent depth and talent for low cost.

If someone wanted him bad enough to get into a bidding war it would have happened with the first round of FA...Most teams know this is where you can get guys for cheaper so he shouldn't cost much.

My one concern with getting aging, former stars as FAs who aren't going to be the starter is what are they going to bring to special teams? A backup TE should be contributing pretty heavily to special teams. Someone like Clark probably hasn't played special teams probably since college (except for the hands team). At this point in your career, when you are a few steps slower and weaker than the rookies, how much ST production are you going to get?

I wouldn't mind seeing Atogwe since FS translates better to ST, and he has a good chance to push Lewis and probably be the 3rd safety on the field that Crennel likes to use a lot of the time.

I think in Clarks case he would be insurance in case if either Boss or Moeaki got injured. Add on top of that he probably is a excellent locker room guy that brings a great amount of leadership. He could also be a great mentor for a player like Moeaki (both went to Iowa). Finally it couldn't hurt having a guy that knows the Peyton Manning offense... pick his brains. ;)

you need 2 TE's on the field and one ready to go if one gets hurt
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

I'm for dealing them a low, but fair deal, and getting a couple of experienced guys to help along the younger bulls!

If they come at the right price, hells yea!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast