Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The 800 pound gorilla in the room......

Default The 800 pound gorilla in the room......

So here we are again. In the playoffs. And like 3 of our last 5 playoff games this one is against the colts. It has been almost 20 years since we last won a playoff game.

So what do y'all think is going to happen? Don't homer it up. Say what you really think.

My feeling is that getting this win is going to be very tough. We have never beaten the colts in the playoffs. So I think it will be very tough to win this game. If we do though I think we have a very good chance of going all the way.

We have not put a decent defense on the field since week 9. I would rather start the backups again than field weeks 11-16 defense again. If the defense that started the season shows up there is no doubt we win.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    We win games by getting pressure on the QB and winning the turnover battle. If we do those two things, we will win.
    Without QB pressure our secondary will get exposed for the 8th straight week.
    This, and we need to protect Smith

Resting starters is one thing, but deliberately loosing a game that actually (could have) had playoff implications is another. I think there's no way Reid was conceding the division to Den in week 16. The same thing happened that day that happened MOST of our losses.... We got out played, and out coached. Andy Reid is a competitor at the highest level and was in no way tanking that game IMO. If he was playing to lose and risking hurting our starters then that would be a dumb decision. We turned the ball over too many times, and I'm sure that wasn't part of the "gameplan". And as has been a problem with our team this year our wr couldn't hold on to the ball, and our secondary was having coverage problems with no qb pressure. I hope Hali/Houston can get some pressure. I'm hoping for the beat but preparing for the worst. Either way I'm proud of my team! Go Chiefs!!
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

This team hasn't beaten a "good" team all year, so I don't have high hopes that they can go into Indy and win a playoff game.

Brain says Indy wins

Heart says KC wins

gonna seem strange playing a game on Sat
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Our problem the last 6 games has been a complete lack of pressure on opposing quarterbacks which has left our secondary to get scorched. It is no great surprise that this lack of pressure has coincided with the loss of Hali and Houston in the 2cond quarter of the 1st san diego game. Houston is back. Hali is day-to-day. If we can get Hali back and if he can play full speed we will be breathing down Luck's neck and will win the game. If Hali can't play then it will be a tough game but our chances of winning will be greatly diminished.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Our problem the last 6 games has been a complete lack of pressure on opposing quarterbacks which has left our secondary to get scorched. It is no great surprise that this lack of pressure has coincided with the loss of Hali and Houston in the 2cond quarter of the 1st san diego game. Houston is back. Hali is day-to-day. If we can get Hali back and if he can play full speed we will be breathing down Luck's neck and will win the game. If Hali can't play then it will be a tough game but our chances of winning will be greatly diminished.
    saw a brief interview with Hali who said ya can't get pressure on a QB that gets rid of fast. and luck does. Rivers did to. but our BU's had really good pressure on him.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

It's certainly tough to get pressure on a QB that gets rid of the ball in 3 seconds or less. No doubt. Coverage has to give him no place to throw the ball for the first 2-3 seconds. But if the coverage makes him hold onto the ball past about 2 seconds then the pass rush can get to him. We CAN get to Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingTBone View Post
    Resting starters is one thing, but deliberately loosing a game that actually (could have) had playoff implications is another. I think there's no way Reid was conceding the division to Den in week 16. The same thing happened that day that happened MOST of our losses.... We got out played, and out coached. Andy Reid is a competitor at the highest level and was in no way tanking that game IMO. If he was playing to lose and risking hurting our starters then that would be a dumb decision. We turned the ball over too many times, and I'm sure that wasn't part of the "gameplan". And as has been a problem with our team this year our wr couldn't hold on to the ball, and our secondary was having coverage problems with no qb pressure. I hope Hali/Houston can get some pressure. I'm hoping for the beat but preparing for the worst. Either way I'm proud of my team! Go Chiefs!!
    youre right. Resting our starters is one thing but not showing your hand 2 weeks before you might have to face this team again is another. Yes he was playing to win, but he wasn't going to give them much either just in case. A win in both of our last 2 losses didn't mean anything Denver won out so nothing would have came out of it and Andy knew it was possible. Our team is hungry, the players and coaches (misfits) are super hungry and the ownership is hungry. We will put out our best and I DO think that translates to at least one playoff win.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast