Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Manti Te'o Lied about his "dead" Girlfriend

Default Manti Te'o Lied about his "dead" Girlfriend

I've seen a lot of people question Geno Smith's character for flashing a gang sign at heckling fans. Here we have Te'o who led the whole nation on believing that he really lost his girlfriend to cancer. What a dirtbag.

Manti Te'o's Dead Girlfriend, The Most Heartbreaking And Inspirational Story Of The College Football Season, Is A Hoax

I like how most on here question Geno's character while praising Te'o. Te'o turns out to be a two faced liar.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    I like how most on here question Geno's character while praising Te'o. Te'o turns out to be a two faced liar.
    I knew you and Ryfo would love this. But you're being unfair to Teo just like some were being unfair to Geno who I defended during the gang signs thing. Right now we have one report saying Teo was a part of this one saying he didn't know about this. Unless you are willing to accept the others criticisms of Geno's actions then don't jump on this before the full story is told. I will tell you and Ryfo the same thing I told those jumping on Geno DON'T RUSH TO JUDGEMENT on a guy based on 1 thing.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I knew you and Ryfo would love this. But you're being unfair to Teo just like some were being unfair to Geno who I defended during the gang signs thing. Right now we have one report saying Teo was a part of this one saying he didn't know about this. Unless you are willing to accept the others criticisms of Geno's actions then don't jump on this before the full story is told. I will tell you and Ryfo the same thing I told those jumping on Geno DON'T RUSH TO JUDGEMENT on a guy based on 1 thing.

I don't know anything about gang signs. Te'o looks like he lied about his DEAD GIRLFRIEND, I don't even know what to say about that. That is about as low as you can go.

The biggest difference here is that everyone praised Te'o's moral ethics, that was one of the bigger reasons he could be a top pick, and then we hear something like this. It's disgraceful.

My big problem with it all is just when did it become okay for the media to not verify their stories? It is so bad that if one person says it to a media person it is taken as fact good or bad.

What I am talking about when the story first broke did anyone bother to check out anything in the story and now that it is being called a hoax have any of the media bothered to check anything out about it or are they just taking what someone says and running with it?

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    My big problem with it all is just when did it become okay for the media to not verify their stories? It is so bad that if one person says it to a media person it is taken as fact good or bad.

What I am talking about when the story first broke did anyone bother to check out anything in the story and now that it is being called a hoax have any of the media bothered to check anything out about it or are they just taking what someone says and running with it?

You're in denial.

Personally, I dont care about his ethics, I never wanted him because I don't think he will be anything special on the football field.

I don't know anything about gang signs. Te'o looks like he lied about his DEAD GIRLFRIEND, I don't even know what to say about that. That is about as low as you can go.

The biggest difference here is that everyone praised Te'o's moral ethics, that was one of the bigger reasons he could be a top pick, and then we hear something like this. It's disgraceful.
    You ignore the report that says he didn't no she wasn't real because they never met in person. you just rush to say look at this Geno was filmed throwing out a gang sign so are you ok with people judgeing him based on that?

This news about Teo just came out. There is a fair amount of times that the first reports are not 100% true. Be fair and let it play out. Is that to much to ask.

If true and that's a IF still then it doesn't speak highly of Teo but like I said with Geno lets not judge a guy based on 1 thing.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    You ignore the report that says he didn't no she wasn't real because they never met in person. you just rush to say look at this Geno was filmed throwing out a gang sign so are you ok with people judgeing him based on that?

This news about Teo just came out. There is a fair amount of times that the first reports are not 100% true. Be fair and let it play out. Is that to much to ask.

If true and that's a IF still then it doesn't speak highly of Teo but like I said with Geno lets not judge a guy based on 1 thing.

He didnt know she wasnt real because they had never met in person? So how does that make her his girlfriend and why does that give him the right to say "My girlfriend died."

Either way you look at it he was caught lying.

And it really doesn't matter to me, I did not want him anyway.

You're in denial.

Personally, I dont care about his ethics, I never wanted him because I don't think he will be anything special on the football field.
    I said nothing about him. I never said I wanted him, even a month ago. I was talking about the media period.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    I said nothing about him. I never said I wanted him, even a month ago. I was talking about the media period.

I trust the media for the most part, unless it's dan rather reporting.

He didnt know she wasnt real because they had never met in person? So how does that make her his girlfriend and why does that give him the right to say "My girlfriend died."

Either way you look at it he was caught lying.

And it really doesn't matter to me, I did not want him anyway.
    We live in a age where there are thousands of online relationships. There are real couples out there right now that have never met in person. There are some wackos out there who claim to be people there not. Someone might have done that to Teo and he didn't no it then he was notified by a "family member" probley the same wacko that pretended to be the girlfriend that she passed away. It happens in the internet world.

I'm not saying I think that's what happened but things like that do happen so it's a little early to judge what happened.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast