Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to KC Dontari Poe

Default Welcome to KC Dontari Poe

Not who I personally wanted, but welcome to the Chiefs! I hope he plays up to his athleticism!

Alright, This is great news. We drated another Ryan Sims, Jr. Siavii, Eddie Freemen, Turk McBride, and Tyson Jackson. The only difference is now we did it under Crennels watch and he is the best D line coach in the league so he will make him a stud, just like the did with Powe last year..... Sarcasm...

I

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!! Dont let the guy play before you label him a bust or anything. I wish all of the ChiefsCrowd GMs coulda been there...then things would be done right.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Alright, This is great news. We drated another Ryan Sims, Jr. Siavii, Eddie Freemen, Turk McBride, and Tyson Jackson. The only difference is now we did it under Crennels watch and he is the best D line coach in the league so he will make him a stud, just like the did with Powe last year..... Sarcasm...

I
    Seek: There is always two ways @ looking at things. Ryan Sims & Tyson Jackson (high picks) was/is a bust. Powe was a reach in the 6th round (no biggie) Think positive! We "may" have a gem & two years from now you'll say...."Geez...Poe is one of the best NT in the NFL"

Do I think he is a high risk player @ the 11th spot? Yup...sure do. We'll all have to wait & see. BTW....I copied & pasted you reply in my KC Chiefs folder. I'll hang onto it just in case!
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Quote Originally Posted by KCMASS View Post
    Guys...We all understand the NFL draft don't we? Nothing is ever certain. He could be a dominate NT for years to come, or a complete bust. I know we don't have a great track record with DL picks as of late. I'm going to pull for this kid bigtime! With RC as HC, I think he'll teach him what he needs to be as a great starting NT. Could Poe ask for a better scenario? I think this Fox Sports video is pretty accurate.

NFL Video - NFL - FOX Sports on MSN
    I feel a lot better about this pick for two reasons. One, Romeo can coach this guy up and two, we filled a need. Let's finally get some pressure on the QB from the D line!

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post

I
    Im glad Pioli does not subscribe to this thinking. D linemen will be a bust because Sims was (Jackson and Dorsey are at the top of the league stopping the run but I guess you could call that a bust) Cant draft a QB cause it will be another Blackledge. At least we didnt fill out biggest team need with the #1 rated NT in the draft ....sarcasm.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Canada: AMEN! Well said.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

There's no such thing as a "safe" pick and nothing is guaranteed. The guy hasn't played 1 play in he NFL and you are all already saying it was a bad pick. College and the NFL are 2 completely different levels of play.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Im glad Pioli does not subscribe to this thinking. D linemen will be a bust because Sims was (Jackson and Dorsey are at the top of the league stopping the run but I guess you could call that a bust) Cant draft a QB cause it will be another Blackledge. At least we didnt fill out biggest team need with the #1 rated NT in the draft ....sarcasm.
    I can't believe I'm going to do this but I agree with Seek. I don't like this pick at all. While saying it's Sims 2.0 is a bit misleading I think what Seek is saying is that we drafted a guy because "he's got the intangibles". So did Sims, Russell, heck even Josh Freeman has them and he's not exactly lighting up the world.

My biggest problem with this kid is that he was a work out warrior. Before we drafted Poe people were saying he took plays off, wasn't well coached, etc and now that we drafted him we hear that he's got a good motor and that Romeo can "coach him up". It's a total 180 the same way people were with Manning. Manning's awesome, he's going to light up the world...oh he shunned the Chiefs, he sucked anyway. I didn't want Manning either btw.

Poe couldn't even get on the 1st team C-USA! He was 2nd team and we drafted him in the 1st round. As I've read elsewhere if he played at Alabama or LSU or somewhere where D's were known for being stout then sure I'd go with it. But people seem to be drinking the kool-aid now that we picked him. I don't like the pick and I don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    There's no such thing as a "safe" pick and nothing is guaranteed. The guy hasn't played 1 play in he NFL and you are all already saying it was a bad pick. College and the NFL are 2 completely different levels of play.
    That's odd because all I remember hearing about two years ago was how Berry was a future Pro Bowler and how he was the "safe" pick.

When you pick someone in the 1st round you want to plug them in day 1 and say go do your job. Not well the coaches can coach him up. You're right the NFL and college are 2 completely different levels and even in college Poe couldn't be dominant. If he was wouldn't you think he'd have a lot more awards or he at least would have been 1st team C-USA?

Just as Mims is on the roster, Poe was drafted. They are on the roster because of their potential, not how good they are today. Sure, many says that you draft for today's needs, but I hope that Pioli and Co. knows more of football than me and all of us.

I don't like the pick, the risk is too high, but I expect the reward also.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast