Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Faux Paux?

Default Faux Paux?

Though some league insiders believe that Jim Fassel will never be an NFL head coach again, Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that Fassel could be the head coach of the Washington Redskins as soon as Wednesday.

And Fassel could be paired with former Ravens defensive coordinator Rex Ryan, who is under consideration to return to the Ravens in that same capacity — and who also could end up coaching the Falcons.

Left out in the cold would be current Redskins defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, who not long ago was given a healthy raise to get him to refrain from pursuing other opportunities to become a head coach elsewhere. Williams has been interviewed multiples times, has spent four years in the building, and hasn’t been offered the job. That’s not a good sign.

With Fassel being the head coach and probably wanting to run the offense himself, would it be a faux paux to bring back Al Saunders to run the offense and fire Chan Gailey?

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Though some league insiders believe that Jim Fassel will never be an NFL head coach again, Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that Fassel could be the head coach of the Washington Redskins as soon as Wednesday.

And Fassel could be paired with former Ravens defensive coordinator Rex Ryan, who is under consideration to return to the Ravens in that same capacity — and who also could end up coaching the Falcons.

Left out in the cold would be current Redskins defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, who not long ago was given a healthy raise to get him to refrain from pursuing other opportunities to become a head coach elsewhere. Williams has been interviewed multiples times, has spent four years in the building, and hasn’t been offered the job. That’s not a good sign.

With Fassel being the head coach and probably wanting to run the offense himself, would it be a faux paux to bring back Al Saunders to run the offense and fire Chan Gailey?
    Anything to get Saunders back!

Fire Herm and let him run the team!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I would have to doubt that Saunders would return to us, considering the nature of his departure.

I thought that the Redskins hired him under the title of "co-head coach" last season. I would have thought that with Gibbs retiring, they would have already had their head coach in place with Saunders.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I would have to doubt that Saunders would return to us, considering the nature of his departure.

I thought that the Redskins hired him under the title of "co-head coach" last season. I would have thought that with Gibbs retiring, they would have already had their head coach in place with Saunders.
    If the Redskins don't use Saunders for their new Head Coach they are as retarded as the Chiefs for not doing the same thing.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Are you seriously considering whether Saunders would come back to the Chiefs? That era is over for numerous reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Are you seriously considering whether Saunders would come back to the Chiefs? That era is over for numerous reasons.
    Are you asking me, or texaschief?

I don't think Saunders will come back, I was just mocking the other team named after Native Americans!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    no. and i've said before there's no way he comes back...especially after we hired Gailey....it was more of a joke than anything.

no. and i've said before there's no way he comes back...especially after we hired Gailey....it was more of a joke than anything.
    Word!

It's official. We have 3 OC's on this team. Eric Price was hired as the WR coach today.

It's official. We have 3 OC's on this team. Eric Price was hired as the WR coach today.

Talk about friggin' overkill!

I hope they are able to gang up on Herm and tell him to leave the offense alone!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast