Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Trade Idea

Default Trade Idea

My friend was talking about an interesting trade idea for our team. Matt Cassell will probably be traded when (and if) Brady comes back in time to be there for summer workouts. If that is the case, what about we trade our 1st pick to NE for Cassel and their 1st round pick, and maybe a day 2 pick.

Essentially, with the draft value charts we would be using the equivalent of a mid-round pick on Cassel. We could use our 1st and second rounders to either move back down into the mid-early first to Maualuga, or Duke Robinson. Or we use NE 1st for Mack and our 2nd for Herman Johnson or Loadholt.

That would give us an O-line with:
    Loadholt/Waters/Mack/Niswanger/Albert
    (Albert and Loadholt could be switched around)
    or
    Albert/Waters/Niswanger/Robinson/??? + Maualuga

Our O-line would be set, and we would have a pretty decent QB, and maybe our franchise LB.

Personally I like Thigpen, and Im not super impressed with Cassel, and I doubt NE would want to trade for a top 5 pick. That being said, what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Thig is just as good if not better then Cassel. he is just as accurate and is more mobile then Cassell. I think we stick with thigpen and improve our o-line. And get a RB that has some heart.
    You can't be serious! Thig and Cassel are two completely different style QBs. You can't compare them. Not to mention the 2 completely different situations. Cassel had alot more to work with.
    Plus why does everyone have to be bias! Just because he is our first decent QB in a while everyone thinks he is so good. He only had a DECENT season last year.
    Once again. I like Thigpen, but I'm still not convinced he is the Man yet.

Ill say it once, I will say it again. Just becuase the media is fawning over cassel it doesnt mean hes something hes not. he played on the patriots FFS. Thigpen couldve done the same and better in the same circumstances. Forget Cassel he isnt worth a 7th round pick let alone starting QB pay! no.no.no.no and no.wrong.bad.wrong.no!

I hate Cassel and it would be stupid to give anything for him BUUUT how about this???

Our 3rd overall

FOR

Bill Belichick and Cassel

LOLOLOLOL

Hell we gave a 4th for Herm, I would give a first for Bill and Cassel hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Codac View Post
    You can't be serious! Thig and Cassel are two completely different style QBs. You can't compare them. Not to mention the 2 completely different situations. Cassel had alot more to work with.
    Plus why does everyone have to be bias! Just because he is our first decent QB in a while everyone thinks he is so good. He only had a DECENT season last year.
    Once again. I like Thigpen, but I'm still not convinced he is the Man yet.
    However, Cassel only had one Good season. If you are going to argue that Thigpen does not deserve the job after one season, then the same can be said about Cassel.

And no one is saying that Thigpen is the Man. Most of us are saying he gets the job for now. We give him a year to prove himself and if he can do it, then great, we found out QB. If he can't then too bad, but we don't lose anything when we make Thigpen our backup and draft a QB in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    My friend was talking about an interesting trade idea for our team. Matt Cassell will probably be traded when (and if) Brady comes back in time to be there for summer workouts. If that is the case, what about we trade our 1st pick to NE for Cassel and their 1st round pick, and maybe a day 2 pick.

Essentially, with the draft value charts we would be using the equivalent of a mid-round pick on Cassel. We could use our 1st and second rounders to either move back down into the mid-early first to Maualuga, or Duke Robinson. Or we use NE 1st for Mack and our 2nd for Herman Johnson or Loadholt.

That would give us an O-line with:
    Loadholt/Waters/Mack/Niswanger/Albert
    (Albert and Loadholt could be switched around)
    or
    Albert/Waters/Niswanger/Robinson/??? + Maualuga

Our O-line would be set, and we would have a pretty decent QB, and maybe our franchise LB.

Personally I like Thigpen, and Im not super impressed with Cassel, and I doubt NE would want to trade for a top 5 pick. That being said, what do you guys think?
    I'm more impressed with Cassel than I am with Thiggie. Cassel showed that he can pick up where Brady left off and still do good.
    Thiggie, well yes he did good when he had to but he didn't know how to play after halftime any more than the rest of the players minus except for TG(he never had any problem playing after halftime).
    Yes, I'd like to get Cassel if possible.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    I'm more impressed with Cassel than I am with Thiggie. Cassel showed that he can pick up where Brady left off and still do good.
    Thiggie, well yes he did good when he had to but he didn't know how to play after halftime any more than the rest of the players minus except for TG(he never had any problem playing after halftime).
    Yes, I'd like to get Cassel if possible.
    Again was it TT that forgot how to play at halftime? Or was it the coaches (ours or the other team) ours for going into the do not lose mode or the other team for making adjustments? As far as Cassel picking up where Brady left off TT picked up and improved where either of our QB's left off. I mean he scored more points it is just that the defense just took another step backward and gave up more points.

We scored 10,8,14,33,0 and 10 to start the season and finished with 21,27,19,20,20,31,20,17,21,31 and 6 So without TT we averaged 12.5 points per game and with TT we averaged 21.5 per game so he was a big improvement where Cassel stepped in stayed the course. Does that make TT better no but because MC stepped in and continued does not make him better either. I do not know which is better hopefully Pioli can tell which is better. I do know TT is a much cheaper option for the Chiefs that MC will be and that means we can have money to get another player in FA.

I do think Thig deserves the job for 09. I'm just saying don't even compare them. 2 totally different QB's on 2 totally different teams. Niether of them are worth such high draft picks either.

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    I hate Cassel and it would be stupid to give anything for him BUUUT how about this???

Our 3rd overall

FOR

Bill Belichick and Cassel

LOLOLOLOL

Hell we gave a 4th for Herm, I would give a first for Bill and Cassel hehe
    I'm down with that.

Thig did ok considering the circumstances. There isn't a qb in the league that would had fared any better with an inept ol, inept play-calling, inept running game, and the leagues 31st ranked defense.
    We were in a lot of games, and lost to the eventual afc west champs twice by 1 point each time.
    Considering what Thig had to work with, he exceeded my expectations as a rookie qb. I'd take him over Cassel any day of the week, but especially on sundays...
    SHUT IT

Isn't Cassell a UFA? To trade him they would have to franchise him first.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast