Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the NFL manipulated or fixed?

Default Is the NFL manipulated or fixed?

Many various polls of NFL fans are showing as much as 80% majority of NFL fans believe the games are fixed, or manipulated to help favored teams win...such as refs making calls shaving points. What is your opinion, do you think the NFL is manipulated or fixed for higher TV ratings & profits, and/or Vegas odds profiting?

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

You already know where I stand as far as this is concerned & it started rearing its ugly head in the late 90's.

The NFL isn't fixed IMO BUT it's also not a 100% level playing field Stars get calls. If you have a star QB you get calls it's that simple

• Alex Smith isn't a "star" QB there's no way our O line would get away with this. You can still beat those teams but it isn't a level playing field. It's tilted

TopekaRoy is my hero!

I totally agree the likes of Tom Brady and Peyton are the elite as was Steve Young,Marino,Favre they are and were protected by the league.not for sure if it's for the rating or for Vegas but they are protected.

Yes I do, Brian aka brdempsey69...as we've recently had this discussion, and we agree, hahaha.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The NFL isn't fixed IMO BUT it's also not a 100% level playing field Stars get calls. If you have a star QB you get calls it's that simple

• Alex Smith isn't a "star" QB there's no way our O line would get away with this. You can still beat those teams but it isn't a level playing field. It's tilted
    I saw this freeze game photo, as well as many similar, especially in Donkey games, and I must admit, it infuriates me that the refs allow these types of holds when opposing defenses go after Manning in particular. It makes me want to choke hold the refs!

after this i wonder

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Yes.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Yes.

That is all.
    Well, that pretty much says it all, hahaha. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Well, that pretty much says it all, hahaha. ;)
    those 2 bolt games still stick with me. we should have beaten them here and there.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast