Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: OK now I'm officially worried about Fisher!

Default OK now I'm officially worried about Fisher!

I have been a fan and have supported him all along. Last week he didn't look good and I chalked it up to lack of camp practice. Tonight he looks like a highschool 2nd stringer trying to play in the NFL!!! ... It's painful to watch!

Somebody tell me why I should not be worried.

Its to early to worry if hes a bist or not. Next year should be the year I think he will really start to shine. This year I think will be rocky but hope to see big strides the last half of this season.

Worry not my Chiefs Crowd Members! The Season has not started and much training and game planning to come. Why blow things of no importance up? Let things come around! We have no control over them. So instead of being negative, find some positives. I saw some I liked! It is preseason, a time of evaluation, teaching, and lots of smoke and mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Worry not my Chiefs Crowd Members! The Season has not started and much training and game planning to come. Why blow things of no importance up? Let things come around! We have no control over them. So instead of being negative, find some positives. I saw some I liked! It is preseason, a time of evaluation, teaching, and lots of smoke and mirrors.
    Smoke and mirrors is something Reid excels at. He believes in secrecy and misdirection more than Pioli ever dreamed of.....but he uses it in a positive way. I am concerned, but not despondent.

Maybe his shoulder IS not well, after all. But that does not alleviate my worries any. These things may never get fixed. Especially if he is pushed into playing with it. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if he is put on IR.

Without a doubt a pish-poor play. But I am just not going to get my knickers in a twist. Worried? YES! Panic? No. I think he can do the job. The season will tell. But if he doesn't start looking impressive this year then I will be one very unhappy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Without a doubt a pish-poor play. But I am just not going to get my knickers in a twist. Worried? YES! Panic? No. I think he can do the job. The season will tell. But if he doesn't start looking impressive this year then I will be one very unhappy camper.
    Agreed. That play did suck but one play doesn't mean the man can't or won't pick up his performance. Barring major injury, I think he'll improve over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Agreed. That play did suck but one play doesn't mean the man can't or won't pick up his performance. Barring major injury, I think he'll improve over time.
    Yeah, I think he will also improve over time, but probably not until he is moved to guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Interesting that nobody talks about the knockdown block Fisher scored on LB Luke Kuechly, but of course, a great many are going to magnify his bad plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Yeah, I think he will also improve over time, but probably not until he is moved to guard.
    Fisher has never played Guard extensively at any level. Whether anyone likes it or not, Andy Reid is going to Fisher a fair chance to play through the rough spots and let Fisher try to develop and improve.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Interesting that nobody talks about the knockdown block Fisher scored on LB Luke Kuechly, but of course, a great many are going to magnify his bad plays.

Fisher has never played Guard extensively at any level. Whether anyone likes it or not, Andy Reid is going to Fisher a fair chance to play through the rough spots and let Fisher try to develop and improve.
    If he continues playing the way he has. Like it or not, Andy will put the best player available in his spot and he will not finish the season at LT because Andy can not afford to let one player get his QB or Running backs killed regardless of his draft status.

So While he has not played Guard, He is reminds me a whole bunch like Robert Gallery and is currently following that same career path. I trust players who played in the NFL when they say, he lacks certain skills and those skills are not something you can develop. I am not that optomistic that he will turn it around becasue he was drafted #1. There are people really close to the Chiefs that are very skeptical of him and can openly share that because they no longer receive a pay check from the Chiefs instead of making excuses for him and their mistake of drafting him.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast