Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Webnews: Where will J.J. Watt land?

Post Webnews: Where will J.J. Watt land?

By Mike Florio

He won’t play for the Texans. So where will J.J. Watt play in 2021? The folks at PointsBet already have compiled odds. The strong favorite, at +140, is Pittsburgh. The Packers and Buccaneers come in next at +400 each, with the Ravens at +600, and the Bears at +700. Four teams land at +1100: Bills, [more] Read more…

if you followed what I said we had bigger issues. my point was only if watt woukd take a small deal at the chance at a championship.

I would make him a rotational player. he can play every spot on the dline. he coukd give any player a break. keep him fresh. but only on a small deal. I dont think there's a chance we get him but I think he can be what Suggs was to us last year plus some.

it was always said the NFL will tell you when to retire that time was three years ago for Mr. watts

I think he has some left in the tank. I would like him as a situational player. if I was watt I would wait to sign during the middle of the season qhen someone's injured. there's no reason for him to rush to sign.

He is a 5 technique which means he is better suited in a 3 - 4 defense. If we brought him in He would play for us strictly as a Defensive End because his skills wouldn't quite fit into our 4 -3 as an off ball Linebacker.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    He is a 5 technique which means he is better suited in a 3 - 4 defense. If we brought him in He would play for us strictly as a Defensive End because his skills wouldn't quite fit into our 4 -3 as an off ball Linebacker.
    make him a situational player. he could play any spot on the dline on a passing down. I wouldn't make him a full-time player. I would limit him until playoffs. but I sont see him signing so cheap that we could actually sign him. he might give a discount but not that much. we are18mil over the cap as is.

I'd rather bring in a younger player with a higher ceiling than a retread with only room to go down. It's like bringing in Suggs again. more flash than pan.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I'd rather bring in a younger player with a higher ceiling than a retread with only room to go down. It's like bringing in Suggs again. more flash than pan.
    let's bring in JJ Watt, cb Patrick Peterson and a #wr then use our draft on oline with our top 3 picks and then beat player available after that..

I'm dreaming I know. I like juju as a #2. he's one of the best blocking wr as well. he has mixed numbers being the #1 for steelers but think he would be a great #2. if his character checks out. I have questions about his attitude but iv read that he's just super competitive and that he's a good guy.

really the only spot where we can't draft is wr cuz we can't wait for a rookie wr to learn and gain experience. we need a solid #2 with experience. we can draft all other positions if we have to but signing a #2 free agent is a must. maybe a LT but im more comfortable with a rookie Lt then a rookie wr.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    let's bring in JJ Watt, cb Patrick Peterson and a #wr then use our draft on oline with our top 3 picks and then beat player available after that..

I'm dreaming I know. I like juju as a #2. he's one of the best blocking wr as well. he has mixed numbers being the #1 for steelers but think he would be a great #2. if his character checks out. I have questions about his attitude but iv read that he's just super competitive and that he's a good guy.

really the only spot where we can't draft is wr cuz we can't wait for a rookie wr to learn and gain experience. we need a solid #2 with experience. we can draft all other positions if we have to but signing a #2 free agent is a must. maybe a LT but im more comfortable with a rookie Lt then a rookie wr.

Everything I'm reading from the Chiefs insiders is Juju is a hard pass from the Chiefs, they cant afford him for 1, and 2 he wouldn't gel with Hill, the general consensus is he would want to be a #1 WR for a team that signs him. So that is a No from me. As a side we cant afford the top WR free agents anyway. Allen Robinson will get tagged by Chicago. Peterson will go to the Cowboys to play Safety he is too old to play CB, And Watt is going to either Pitt to play with his Brother or Home to play in Green Bay. If it was me. The First 6 picks through rounds 5 would include. OT, LB, IOL, WR, EDGE, CB, IDL, and then the final 2 picks would bring in developmental IOL guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Everything I'm reading from the Chiefs insiders is Juju is a hard pass from the Chiefs, they cant afford him for 1, and 2 he wouldn't gel with Hill, the general consensus is he would want to be a #1 WR for a team that signs him. So that is a No from me. As a side we cant afford the top WR free agents anyway. Allen Robinson will get tagged by Chicago. Peterson will go to the Cowboys to play Safety he is too old to play CB, And Watt is going to either Pitt to play with his Brother or Home to play in Green Bay. If it was me. The First 6 picks through rounds 5 would include. OT, LB, IOL, WR, EDGE, CB, IDL, and then the final 2 picks would bring in developmental IOL guys.
    yeah think you're right about it all. I dont see juju as a #1 but a great #2. I d9think there's any chance of coming to kc but just that he would be the best fit in this offense as the #2wr. I would say OT, IOL is our biggest needs in the draft. my biggest thing is we can't wait on a rookie receiver. we need to sign a solid #2 wr. everything else doesn't matter how we fill it. though I think it will be better for our cap room if we draft oline instead of signing starting caliber vets especially at left tackle. also wouldn't mind going dline either. if we can keep lines on both sides on rookie contracts would help us.

That's the bad thing most of the o-line guys we could sign in free agency are on the north side of 30 and on the decline. OT and IOL are deep in this year's draft class, I would venture to say as deep as the 5th to 6th round we could find starters. However, my gut tells me that after Andy's comments following the Superbowl He doesn't believe the o-line is in that bad of shape, so that screams to me that they don't value Offensive lineman in this year's draft as a priority as we do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast